Reworked my engine bay, more to come..

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
I decided it was finally time to re clock my turbo and redo the piping. Im going to spend some more time cleaning and fixing things in the engine bay while im home for spring break this week. More pictures are soon to come. Here are the results so far.

Before
p958796_1.jpg

After
sm_photo_missing.jpg

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Looks a lot better!!! I thought you were selling it though some time ago.

Viper: It is probably a lot easier to route the piping with it positioned the way it was.

werewolves182

Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
I had to weld an elbow on the compressor outlet in order for it to fit like that. At the time I installed the single I didn't have the means to weld aluminum. Now that I finally can weld aluminum I welded it up yesterday and went from there.

AF1JZ: Its still for sale if someone is willing to pay what Im asking (10K). If it doesn't sell by summer then im going to take the next step and go all out with a BBK and possibly 1.5JZ.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Looks sick!!!! Dude we gotta meet up again soon.

Anyone know what the assembly is on the left side of the engine bay? I don't have that...

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
Dang it!!! I actually did mean the ABS. My old one didnt have that but I just went and checked and the 92 DOES have it! yay!

And yes I am missing something very big on the left side of my block.... ughh.

Again, looks awesome!

werewolves182

Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
Thanks alot guys.

IJ: That is very soon to come. Ive got to buy a new filter too, my K&N is cracking apart at the rubber piece that clamps to the intake pipe. Dunno if anyones had that happen before?

Ben: I think you are in need of one of those round things that go on the left of your engine. And yeah man, we do need to meet up again soon. Where on the eastern shore do you live now? Ive got alot of family over there. BTW abs is the best thing since sliced bread, my old 89 didn't have it, what a difference.

werewolves182

Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
Well today I cleaned my K&N filter, it looks brand new now! My new front Bilstein shock came in. Anyone ever seen damage like this before? I would thing something else would have gone before this.
p963915_1.jpg

p963915_2.jpg

p963915_3.jpg

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Engine bay is looking good. I always wondered why people run the turbo outlet that way too, I think its just to have the intercooler pipe further away from the exhaust manifold or something.

Bummer on those shocks, can I ask where you got them from, I'm looking for set myself, and also how do people find them compared to some of the other brands available and especially compared the the JZA-70R Bilsteins