Replaced cam seal, wont start now

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I replaced the cam seals, now the car wont start. Ignition is good. Timing is set properly. Any ideas? Need help ASAP. Thanks

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I wish. I'm in north AL. I'm bringing it over sometime this week Jon. I wanna see what all is ninja'd on this car.

I think we've got the timing dialed in pretty close, but the battery died. lol. CPS and a loose belt were the culprits. I'll update again in a bit.

Last edited:

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
It would have been quicker to call me, I'd be more than happy to help. Probably got the CPS off a tooth.

And "pretty close" on the timing isn't close enough for that car. You're asking for trouble.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
:biglaugh:

Last I spoke with him on the phone earlier today, he was staying at a hotel somewhere in Tennessee.

Welcome to Supra owning. :)

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
We stopped in TN because it was rainy and everyone was running on zero sleep. Car made it home, I'm about to go put new plugs in, Jon (MDC) is gonna help me get the timing taken care of, maybe the boost leak too. Stalls out a LOT right now

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I'm glad you made it back fine, he made it sound like you blew up in tennessee. Get that timing right for sure, and there's new copper plugs in the console.

I don't appreciate the "jew rigging" comment. Please contact me in pm if you have any concerns. If you want say things like that to mdc that is fine, but is very immature to say that in a public forum.

Guess the deal is done. You can have my signature.

newsig3js1zl9.jpg

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Whoa...Just seen your sig. Kind of humorous you did that...:icon_surp

Pat - I don't think he meant that on a personal level...but it was most definately wrong for him to say that.

I think that just about everyone buying a used car that's been modified can see what he's saying...because it's now YOUR car, so of course everything isn't going to exactly how you'd have done it...But it's in the past now.

-Jeff

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I'm sorry about the jew rigging thing, I really didn't mean anything personal by it. Edited out. Lol thanks for the sig. About those plugs... I found those about fifteen seconds after I bought new ones :3d_frown: No big

Just read that you reset the ECU. That explains some of the stumbling. I tightened all the clamps down and it improved a lot, but it'll still die if I let off the throttle after a cruise, even if I never break vacuum. A couple people said I need an ISC so I'll source one locally ASAP

I tried to boost tonight after tightening all the clamps down and blew the 3000 pipe's clamp. I thought I blew something up, it was pretty funny in hindsight. Fixed it and took it for a little spin... Spun the tires pretty good. :evil2:

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
UPDATE: Jon and Kyle (Supraguru I think? Not sure) took a look at it last night and helped/fixed everything they could. Still a lot to do but it's not exploding right now, my ignition and timing are correct so I'm pretty happy. Thanks again MDC!