Removing the needles in the instrument cluster..

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Orion ZyGarian;1030613 said:
woo 500 meaningful posts!

Define meaningful? :naughty:

So I dont understand. You were putting new faces on so you took the old ones off? Are we talking about aftermarket faces over factory, cause you can just put them right over the top.

Edit: nevermind just saw your build thread. Dude you made that far harder than it needed to be. I used the same aftermarket faces. You just slip the new faces over the needles and on top of the the old faces and lightly screw them down. Took me something like 30 minutes to do mine. Oh well, you are at where you are at now. Hope the needles go back on right for you.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Meaningful is a generic term. Fuck you :biglaugh:
I thought the one pic I had already had the needles back on. They are on now and I'm confident they are close to what they were, but I still have more work to do.

To be honest, I didnt think I'd be able to put them over the stock ones. I figured it would be more professional to replace them and that things would function better.

How did you run your wires? Stuff them all in the cluster except for the little power box and switch?

Oh, on another note, reassembling the oil pressure gauge was a pain in the BITCH! Fortunately I'm a very patient person and found it rather fascinating.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
No, I ran all the wires to where they met in the middle roughtly, then dremeled out a notch for them to come through the back of the white plastice peice, zip tied everything up all nice and neat then installed them back in the car. The converter box I just let dangle behind the dash. I wanted to leave as much room as I could in case I needed to pull them back out. I mounted the dimmer switch on one of the blank spots where the coin holders go.