Removing multiplex from 7MGTE for less than $200

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
On 7m coilpack coil 1 is left pack. Coil 2 is RIGhT pack and coil 3 is center pack.
If u can get the car running check ur timing to besure the IGN Sync number is correct for ur cps position.

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
ign sync number is at top of ign phase panel. where you input the phasing numbers. this number will change as you set the timing with aem. it will be specific for the position the cps was installed and locked down in. my ign sync would be different most likely than yours as my cps may be in a slightly different location than yours even tho my ignition timing is running correctly as yours off the ignition map. so check your ignition as per the aem manual with a timing light and your set.

what did you do or fix to get the car running?

hal

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
Halsupramk3;1865014 said:
ign sync number is at top of ign phase panel. where you input the phasing numbers. this number will change as you set the timing with aem. it will be specific for the position the cps was installed and locked down in. my ign sync would be different most likely than yours as my cps may be in a slightly different location than yours even tho my ignition timing is running correctly as yours off the ignition map. so check your ignition as per the aem manual with a timing light and your set.

what did you do or fix to get the car running?

hal

Well, I reset my timing about a month ago. I set crank at "0" and positioned the CPS as per "shaeff", look here http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?38775-How-To-basic-timing-instructions-CPS-alignment

So, is my wiring good then? Also, car has been running since I first did this mod. It just that when I change "Spark Teeth" to "12" it doesn't start. I only starts at "4". It's runs amazing at where it is, no missing whatsoever. I tried revving it but I'm running too rich; shooting black smoke. A/F on idle is around 12, yea Rich.

Also, why do I have to set spark teeth at 12? It just sounds like a timing thing, my car runs great. I'm not so sure on what it would perform like once it's tuned.

Funkycheeze

Grease Monkey
Jul 3, 2009
Calgary
It just sets how many counts of the 24 teeth wheel it uses for spark timing, and since you want waste fire, you want it to count thru twice. Then the individual tooth values are where each coil will fire in the 12 tooth sequence. Setting it to 4 teeth makes it so it counts thru the cylinders 6 times and fires coil 1 each time.

Still sounds like a wiring issue, and by that I mean the wires from the DH61 to the coils, and from the coils to the plugs.

The pics of your AEM setup look correct.

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Funkycheeze;1865868 said:
It just sets how many counts of the 24 teeth wheel it uses for spark timing, and since you want waste fire, you want it to count thru twice. Then the individual tooth values are where each coil will fire in the 12 tooth sequence. Setting it to 4 teeth makes it so it counts thru the cylinders 6 times and fires coil 1 each time.

Still sounds like a wiring issue, and by that I mean the wires from the DH61 to the coils, and from the coils to the plugs.

The pics of your AEM setup look correct.

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you tell where I messed up my wiring from DH61 to coils based on that wiring diagram I have on page 14? Also, I checked three times, my coils to plugs are correct, 1/6, 3/4, 2/5. Should I cut that wire I have wired up? It's the "IGF".

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Here's the wiring all checks out according to your directions. Please click attachment, shows a closer view of my wiring numbers.

I also remove the "IGF" and set spark teeth to 12, still a no go. Is it because I'm running 7MGTE coils and not IS300 coils?

p1865966_1.jpg

p1865966_2.jpg

p1865966_3.jpg

Attachments

• DH61 to 7M Wiring.jpg
    DH61 to 7M Wiring.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Funkycheeze

Grease Monkey
Jul 3, 2009
Calgary
That part of the wiring looks correct. The part you need to check, is to make sure that the wire going from the 6 pin plug "coil #1 out" is going to the coil firing cylinders 2 and 5, "coil #2 out" is going to the coil firing cylinders 3 and 4, and "coil #3 out" is going to the coil firing cylinders 1 and 6.

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Sorry for the late reply, been busy, finally got a chance to check the wiring.

BR (Blue w/ red strip)-----> 1 and 6 aka Coil #1
BY (Blue w/ yellow strip)-------> 2 and 5 aka Coil #2
Y (Yellow)----------> 3 and 4 aka Coil #3

So based on what you said, my wiring is incorrect. So in order to change settings, I have to change the following:

ign Tooth #1 from 0.50 to 8.50

ign Tooth #2 from 4.50 to 0.50

ign Tooth #3 from 8.50 to 4.50

Am I right? Thanks for the help FC

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Funkycheeze;1870504 said:
That should work. Play around with the tooth settings, one order of 0.5, 4.5 and 8.5 will get you up and running.

Yep, I can also cut the wire and rejoin them. The wires from the coils going to the 4 pin harness was extended by the guy who installed my AEM. Cutting the wires seems so much easier. Thanks a lot FC, I will post on my findings.

ae86ma70

Jul 24, 2008
Atlanta
cricketjoe;1915667 said:
Does the enabling of injector 123, disable 456 and enable 789,10 apply to only the 1130?

I have the 30-1110, and I am pretty sure I have it configured the same way.

cricketjoe

Mar 27, 2010
CA
Ok, thanks for clearing that up!

Is this just a workaround method for the limitations of the 1130 and 1110 boxes?

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Trying to keep this thread alive but has anybody successfully running the DH61 or DS62 with the new V2 box from driftmotion? From what I am gathering the settings may no be the same on the tables?

Funkycheeze

Grease Monkey
Jul 3, 2009
Calgary
The setup in software will be different, but the physical wiring changes will be identical. I would contact AEM directly to discuss how to adapt the box to work with a standard 3 channel ignitor, and the dwell settings (easier since the DH61 is a smart ignitor and sets the individual coil dwell directly). I contacted them originally for the V1 setup instructions when I first developed this mod.