Red Supra build 500~WHP

Raggan

Mar 16, 2015
Maple Ridge, BC
Another update front bumper removed, ABS bracket removed, windshield wiper res, brake booster, wiper motor and inter cooler all removed.
lots of cleaning and sanding the engine bay with 400 grit. I am having a hard time finding time to prep the engine bay that's why it's taking so long. I am going to cut under the head light to fit a 3.5-4 inch inter cooler pimp for my FFIM

Raggan

Mar 16, 2015
Maple Ridge, BC
I will be buying the Born and Warner turbo 66/64 in a few days. My locar oil dip stick is on back order from drift motion, which means he's not gonna ship my new oil squirters and arizona performance oil feed line, until he gets the dip stick no point in paying shipping twice.

Raggan

Mar 16, 2015
Maple Ridge, BC
Finally had a chance to paint my engine bay the color is fire red or something.
Not bad for a rattle can spray job that cost maybe 90 bucks 5 cans of paint 2 cans of clear coat and some 400 grit sand paper, paper towel and some super degreaser.

My locar dipstick is still on back order no idea when it's coming drift motion is suppose to call me.
The local machine shop let me borrow their shim kit, but there isn't enough shims of the right size to finish shimming the motor.

Raggan

Mar 16, 2015
Maple Ridge, BC
I changed my mind on the turbo and i also had to remove the head to get the valves tipped. Head gasket is okay none of the sealer came off, im hoping i wil have the block installing in the car in a few weeks working on the abs delete and line lock install pretty soon. Still havent hearf from driftmotion about the locar dip stick

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
Nice build so far man. You're a little ahead of me on putting the longblock together. I went with the Fel-Pro Permatorque head gasket for mine, but haven't installed it. I remember having to remove a rivet on my HKS metal head gasket that was on it before. Did you remove anything from the gasket or just slap it on there? Keep up the good work.

-Ted

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Just curious why you're deleting abs? It's really not that much additional weight in the car and helps a ton with braking. I don't know why I didn't get an abs shell sooner!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Looking good Raagan. I think the rattle can turned out better than you were expecting. Keep up the good work.

Raggan

Mar 16, 2015
Maple Ridge, BC
sheedy126;2074919 said:
Just curious why you're deleting abs? It's really not that much additional weight in the car and helps a ton with braking. I don't know why I didn't get an abs shell sooner!

weight reduction and to install my hurst line lock.

77Celica

Oct 28, 2014
Minnesota
Whats the AN fitting size on the valve cover for the pcv and also the other one that goes to the block. I wanted to do the same to my valve covers. Also, i assumed you tapped and die???

Raggan

Mar 16, 2015
Maple Ridge, BC
Yeah tap and dye -8 on the valve covers -12 on the block it wont fit with the stock alternator spot i will be relocating mine down to where the ac goes. I had to grind down the -12 and hammer out the existing breather then flip the breather upside down hammer it back in flush then use jb weld on the fitting and hammer into the old fitting. You can also tap the block but it taps that size get pretty expensive

Raggan

Mar 16, 2015
Maple Ridge, BC
Oil squirters installed

Arizona performance pipe and drift motion oil pump installed.

Fuel rail polished ( sorry for the bad pic), also been working on the valve covers a bit.

Head shimmed and reinstalled. Timing belt, locar dipstick, and oil pan installed

I got a little bit of grease stains on the blue part of the belt not to happy bout it.

I am buying a (used)exhaust manifold and a (used)HX35 T4 turbo. The HX35 has a 61 or 62mm intake wheel, 72mm exhaust wheel 3 inch v band flange. The price is right for what it is but it needs a rebuild and it is about 400 bucks CAD. The manifold is a bit rough but nothing I can't clean up. I'm thinking it's a good start for a turbo at least I will be running a T4 manifold so I can upgrade later if I need a bigger turbo. My build is focused more on getting the car running at the moment, I don't wanna end up being 2 years into the build and not have a running driving car.

What do you guys think, I'm thinking the turbo will make 500whp easily, I have seen one at my local track putting down 550 in a 4 cylinder Volkswagen Golf.

Last edited:

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Engine is coming along great! Looks super clean.

If the hx35 has an upgraded compressor wheel, I'd say 500 is doable. I was making 416 on 16psi with a 62mm wheel. Although my hx35 was a t3 with a factory 60x70mm turbine wheel so it spooled fairly quick. You'd probably be in the 22+psi range for 500 I'd have to guess

If you do the rebuild yourself, I'd suggest a step gap ring on the turbine side and getting the bearings sized with a complete balance afterwards

Raggan

Mar 16, 2015
Maple Ridge, BC
sheedy126;2075508 said:
Engine is coming along great! Looks super clean.

If the hx35 has an upgraded compressor wheel, I'd say 500 is doable. I was making 416 on 16psi with a 62mm wheel. Although my hx35 was a t3 with a factory 60x70mm turbine wheel so it spooled fairly quick. You'd probably be in the 22+psi range for 500 I'd have to guess

If you do the rebuild yourself, I'd suggest a step gap ring on the turbine side and getting the bearings sized with a complete balance afterwards

thanks yeah im hoping i can do 500whp. I wont be rebuilding it myself. The turbo has side to side shaft play but no in and out. Hopefully i can pick it up tonight

Update: the turbo wasn't actually a holset so I wont be using it, but I picked up a manifold and xspower wastegate.

Exhaust manifold needs a bit of work/ exhaust wrap.

this picture just reminded me I need to plug my EGR hole lol

Last edited:

Raggan

Mar 16, 2015
Maple Ridge, BC
Egr is plugged been working on making a bracket for 1zz coils, havent ordered any parts atm

Motor and tranny will hopefully be installed soon

Last edited: