Recommended DD

Puppy Eater

from the rooftop...
Mar 31, 2005
in your dreams....
so.. looking for a good daily driver.. but the only other daily driver i can think of as a comparable alternative to a supra is another supra.. i need help! :cry:

but seriously.. a snow car.. anyone got info on some relatively inexpensive (like under 4 grand) snow cars?

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Need a little more info

Does this have to have room for more then 2? if not you could get a used SUV or Pickup. If have the skill to work on it yourself that will also help the choices. You could get a toyota pickup or suv. Stick with what you can work on. Under 4k is a decent amount. I bought a 1996 Ford Explorer with every option for 3000.00 for my wife. I have had zero problems with it. Take your time looking dont jump on the first thing you think is good. Check it out for problems.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
where do you live, what are the snow conditions like? you want gas milage or 4x4(or AWD)? try to find an old subaru or an old audi in good shape, if you feel the need for AWD. my front wheel drive with snow tires has gotten me through some pretty bad snow, but AWD or 4x4 will be better.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Kai said:
What about a Jeep Cherokee or a Wrangler?

Thats what I just did, picked up a cheap cherokee for daily driving. Parts are cheap, easy to work on and I can drive it anywhere! With my supra I had to avoid a ton of roads because of construction or poor road surface. With the jeep it can handle anything and more.

Puppy Eater

from the rooftop...
Mar 31, 2005
in your dreams....
ah maybe more info would be good.. reliability would have to be a non-issue and maybe 4 passengers max.. wasnt looking toward suvs but the cherokee does sound interesting.. but since gas prices are pretty steep a civic or similar small 4 cylinder car is where im leaning.. but then again that subie sounds nice.. if i could find one for cheap..

Puppy Eater

from the rooftop...
Mar 31, 2005
in your dreams....
yeah at first i was looking at the impreza but seeing as how the prices (on the internet at least) vary so widely, a legacy does sound nice.. all of subarus line up actually.. i would take it for the AWD.. whats the gas mileage on one of those things?

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
If you get a subaru impreza Whats going to stop you from doing this to it...
:)

Impreza_WRC_Prototype_06_1.jpg

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Puppy Eater said:
yeah at first i was looking at the impreza but seeing as how the prices (on the internet at least) vary so widely, a legacy does sound nice.. all of subarus line up actually.. i would take it for the AWD.. whats the gas mileage on one of those things?
The most I've got in my 1995 Legacy wagon is just over 27 mpg, mostly highway driving. The newer generations get a little better mileage.

Puppy Eater

from the rooftop...
Mar 31, 2005
in your dreams....
i didnt know they made a turbo diesel jeep.. something i will look into now.. interesting.. didnt know imprezas had that good of mileage.. subaru is looking better and better and ive always liked the look of the older model (like 96) impreza.. even if they do look like camrys :icon_bigg

even though i had a nightmare where a rally wrx was chasing me through a snowy field.. then down a street.. then jumped a curb and just kept after me.. i woke up in a cold sweat and found that i had fallen asleep playing gran turismo..

Last edited:

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Sawbladz said:
I have a Grand Prix GTP and I get 25 city, 30+ highway. Plus it's faster than Cryoslash' impreza;)
i swear everyone like to crack jokes about it, up until the point where were in the twisties and im keeping up with all the higher powered mark 3's and 2's :evil2: