Rare Rear hatch visor/guard... Opinions.

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
Yes you are right. Checked everywhere. No one makes them any more and if they did they can make one for 385.00.:aigo: I don't thinks its metal after closer inspection poodles. It looks like aluminum. I'm having idea flashes.... hum.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Hmong_1G;1451608 said:
Yes you are right. Checked everywhere. No one makes them any more and if they did they can make one for 385.00.:aigo: I don't thinks its metal after closer inspection poodles. It looks like aluminum. I'm having idea flashes.... hum.

foil-can-recycle.jpg

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Here they are...

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/AST1224.htm

These are plastic, and there were JDM ones that were discontinued some time ago that were metal, but those were order direct I think from Japan. I personally don't like that much of my rear glass covered like that, so I won't be getting those. However, they would look much better in black.

I'm going to be getting the side rear window louvers hopefully, once I have the money for 'em. Those of course cover up the side triangle of glass on each side of the rear hatch, and are far less intrusive. I'd also like to get the rear visor piece that you guys had a GB on recently, which would go well in black with the side louvers.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Can you do us a favor and get pics from inside the car looking out?

I've heard they don't obstruct the view really, but curious to see how it really is.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
My concern was how rainwater on the louvers block vision somewhat. With the glass clear the rear wiper would sweep all that water away.

Pics of the rear glass in the rain (or waterhose) with those on would be helpful as well.

Another note on the louvers: Some people had fitment problems with the rear wiper blade and those things. Something to think about when getting them.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
BrandonW;1451687 said:
nevermind i found the picture its just on the quarter windows
p1451695_1.jpg

Who's car is this? I sold my set to a guy in Europe and I'm wondering if those came from me.

Anyway, Louvers kick ass. 80's all the way baby. I would perhaps be interested in your set just to make them replicated in carbon fiber. I already have a carbon fiber hatch visor on the way but I'd trade it for louvers in a heart beat ( cf ).

My supra came with it from the dealer that way. They called it a shadow lift back. 189$ option in 87 on the sticker I have. After the car sat for 3 years from the lady I bought it from and I had to scrape the algae off the window with a razor blade for an hour it came off. They were held on by adhesive attach points to the window.

I really didn't like the looks on the car looked like the inspector gadget mobile.

picture.php

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
SupraOfDoom;1451695 said:
Who's car is this? I sold my set to a guy in Europe and I'm wondering if those came from me.
i got it from a thread on sf two people posed the pictures martin p and ozzizere but im not sure if its one of theirs

p1451713_1.jpg

p1451713_2.jpg