RAGE..... I h8 h8ters........

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience. :p

I hear a lot of people tell me that I should get a V8 and have a "real engine." I tell 'em that I've been down that road and that the 6 is more than enough for what I need. Now I'm lucky enough to have some perspective of age, but even when I was a kid with his first fast car, I had a lot of respect for what other cars could do, and that there are many ways to be fast.

LunaVyohr

Classhole
Sep 30, 2011
Paonia, Colorado
vin%2Bdiesel%2Bplaylist.jpg

Attachments

• vin%u00252Bdiesel%2Bplaylist.jpg
    vin%u00252Bdiesel%2Bplaylist.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 8

z4ck

Feb 23, 2012
Houston
The amount of people who like my car and give me thumbs up way outnumber the amount that think it's lame. I've even had a redneck tell me how he usually hates "rice rockets" but mine is pretty cool. There's not a lot of cars you can get for under $6000 that produce that kind of respect. I don't give a shit about haters but it does make my day when someone is happy to see my car on the road.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
z4ck;1920615 said:
The amount of people who like my car and give me thumbs up way outnumber the amount that think it's lame. I've even had a redneck tell me how he usually hates "rice rockets" but mine is pretty cool. There's not a lot of cars you can get for under $6000 that produce that kind of respect. I don't give a shit about haters but it does make my day when someone is happy to see my car on the road.

This is true. I had a Maserati owner give my a thumbs up on the highway yesterday :)

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
DOUBL3 D;1920618 said:
This is true. I had a Maserati owner give my a thumbs up on the highway yesterday :)

I chased a Mercedes SLS AMG out of town, he noticed me and got in the other lane, gave me a head nod, shifted down with his paddle shifter and took off. That's when I knew I wanted 600 hp.

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

ttsupra2503

6'8 BC Giant
Feb 28, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Sside;1920388 said:
I am trying not to care but I can honestly say that I did at the moment. It had just never happened to me in this form or fashion....... Dont be that guy JetJock, I know you want impose your wisdom of maturity and philosophy of being a supra owner but thats not the point. Is 25 old enough? I take care of my car and rarely push it because I honestly fear losing my car to an accident. I am also human and still very young and no I cannot promise I will not respond when push comes to shove..... I am here because like I said, this is my supra family and I know yall will support me but if you want to be the one who is facepalming at a member of the community for giving in and feeling bad afterwards then go ahead.....

I agree with both of you and it definitely was a douche move for them to talk like that. IJ has a point in the fact that if they are making fun of you for something they know absolutely nothing about. The words "Who cares" should speak to you in the sense that you are better then they are for not following the hype or trying to make their car "Sound" like a high performance car.
Personally you were the bigger man by just hating what they said and venting to your friends/supra family. I probably would have asked them to bring their car to the track and race for pink slips if they harassed me but I like making them put their foot in their mouth. In the past I won a 1991 240sx turbo using a turbo charged Plymouth Laser (2.0 twin cam turbo running close to 20lbs of boost) and I sold their car off in a couple days to pay for new rims and tires.

#1 rule to make people like you and love your car - DONT SHOW OFF OR SUCCUMB TO TAUNTING!

ps. I converted many v8 lovers in the past couple years and most everyone I know is running a straight six now.. jeeps, fords, toyota's. Now I just have to turbo the others lol

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
ttsupra2503;1920699 said:
I agree with both of you and it definitely was a douche move for them to talk like that. IJ has a point in the fact that if they are making fun of you for something they know absolutely nothing about. The words "Who cares" should speak to you in the sense that you are better then they are for not following the hype or trying to make their car "Sound" like a high performance car.
Personally you were the bigger man by just hating what they said and venting to your friends/supra family. I probably would have asked them to bring their car to the track and race for pink slips if they harassed me but I like making them put their foot in their mouth. In the past I won a 1991 240sx turbo using a turbo charged Plymouth Laser (2.0 twin cam turbo running close to 20lbs of boost) and I sold their car off in a couple days to pay for new rims and tires.

#1 rule to make people like you and love your car - DONT SHOW OFF OR SUCCUMB TO TAUNTING!

ps. I converted many v8 lovers in the past couple years and most everyone I know is running a straight six now.. jeeps, fords, toyota's. Now I just have to turbo the others lol

Problem with that approach is there's ALWAYS someone Faster than you no matter what they drive, point in case if you tried that with my car which "looks" like a stock Tradesmans vehicle I'd hand your ass to you and I'd own your car... ;)

ttsupra2503

6'8 BC Giant
Feb 28, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Yup, without doubt IJ I know you would hand me my ass. Hell, my friend Vashaun has a 1998 civic that looks like a little like a ricer but pushes close to 400 hp now. Yet he has a tasteful exhaust and a really nice paintjob (candy apple metalic red)

With that being said I doubt that you talk like an idiot and you dont brag about v8's being the best thing in any car. I know which people to offer races too and most of the time it just shuts them up and they walk away. I have only had one close call and that was with a Mustang GT that had a modified 351.

In the end my actions are my own and I put up the best battle I can do. It is just a car and I can replace it if I loose it. We learn from our mistakes and if we dont then we aren't the smart mature people we talk about being.

Btw... invite to anyone this summer that wants to come to BC to race on our small drag tracks lol. I dont know which days yet but I am hoping to arrange some detroit muscle to be there for some competition and fun.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
ttsupra2503;1920713 said:
Yup, without doubt IJ I know you would hand me my ass. Hell, my friend Vashaun has a 1998 civic that looks like a little like a ricer but pushes close to 400 hp now. Yet he has a tasteful exhaust and a really nice paintjob (candy apple metalic red)

With that being said I doubt that you talk like an idiot and you dont brag about v8's being the best thing in any car. I know which people to offer races too and most of the time it just shuts them up and they walk away. I have only had one close call and that was with a Mustang GT that had a modified 351.

In the end my actions are my own and I put up the best battle I can do. It is just a car and I can replace it if I loose it. We learn from our mistakes and if we dont then we aren't the smart mature people we talk about being.

Btw... invite to anyone this summer that wants to come to BC to race on our small drag tracks lol. I dont know which days yet but I am hoping to arrange some detroit muscle to be there for some competition and fun.

I tend to "Walk Softly and carry a Big Stick" ;)

I learnt early on to never underestimate as there are some stupid fast sleepers out there!

Also I don't care what it is if someone has done a good job they get my respect.

peavy

Nov 10, 2011
Ontario
OP:

What I read from your first post is that ignorant people getting in your face makes you angry. I can think of stupider things to get angry about. Let everybody talk about how they're more mature than you and would have never reacted - talk is cheap. Maybe you shouldn't have reacted quite so strongly, but live and learn. That's what life is all about.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Man I get people talking crap all the time around my area because I live right next to an Army post. I used to go to local hangout areas, and they would all laugh at the car, and call it an old a55 pos. Right up until I open the hood. Then most of their jaws hit the floor and they walked away saying holy sh*t once they saw that huge T70ed 7M staring them in the face. Now when they do it, I just laugh and pop he hood and watch them grin when they see the 2JZ. Then they start with the Fast and Furious lines. Right about then is when I fake a phone call and walk away.

ttsupra2503

6'8 BC Giant
Feb 28, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Just so you know, I never said anything against the original poster. If you read the posts most people were trying to comfort and encourage the original OP to just ignore what is said because he is better then they are just cause he is driving a Supra (at least thats how I am putting it)

IJ - I am a big stick lol so I dont carry one. But hey, your knowledge and talking has always inspired people. Think about the races this summer since I am looking forward to seeing some big V8's cry. I expect in this area someone to hand out a big pile of Whoopass but I look forward to putting up a big fight with my little RICER lol

Here are some good quotes from the movie

"Its not what you drive, its how you drive it" <--------- What you say when your car looks like crap

"I thought if I got in your good graces, you would let me keep my car" <--------- after loosing
"you are in my good graces, but your not keeping your car" <--------- interested in said looser

Dom: "I said a ten second car, not a ten minute car." <--------- when comparing to Supra's
Jesse: "You could push this across the finish line, or tow it." <--------- Ford
Dom: "You couldn't even tow that across the finish line." <--------- Dodge
Brian: "No Faith." <---------------------------see Ford above
Dom: "I have faith in you, but this isn't a junkyard. This is a garage" <--------- Gonna leave this one open

ps. just having fun here guys. :icon_bigg

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
joel903;1920582 said:
Lol, I laughed a little in real life when you said it was a fat kid that talked down to you.

Me too.
Should have just told him, "I'm not fat enough to need a V8"

z4ck;1920615 said:

That's true here in GA too.
I have gotten half a dozen people pull up beside me on the highway and give me a thumbs up when I simply have a shell on my trailer. The people who know what these cars are love them, the haters just never learned. ;)

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Sorry I have not been back to this thread but I been taking care of a couple of things with my car and my mentality on things so I have kept hush :evil2: muahahaha ...... anywyas I dont know why it got to me soo much, maybe it was the kids annoying face, maybe it was that in my mind I had a very good looking supra and anyone who knows just a little about cars should agree its not ugly atleast, maybe it was that in my mind I dont see our cars as rice but here is some idiot calling it that, maybe its all the work and money invested into driving something special, unique not because its just a supra but because its my supra and its at a point where what I invisioned is sitting outside my house.... I know alot of people always say, wait till I get the wheels I want and drop it or wait till I do this or that but in my case I almost have exactly what I wanted....... Hmm maybe I'm confusing myself lol but here lemme give yall some imagery and then maybe yall will get a better feeling of what I was feeling...
Red Light
large_traffic_light_10.jpg

Suburban pulls up, not a new one either... The ooold ones...
82939-suburban96-big.jpg

Windows roll down and The Kid looked almost identical to goldberg fromt the mighty ducks, except that goldberg was funny and likeable but also annoying..... This kid/teen was just annoying but with the same type of voice and gestures....
1061408326_izGoldberg.jpg

"You need a v8 because its more manly haha"
3015_shaun_weiss_01.jpg

Me
p1920956_1.png

30 Minutes later

p1920956_2.jpg

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
IJ.;1920716 said:
Also I don't care what it is if someone has done a good job they get my respect.
Also one of my policies in life. The other two fit as well as I'm able to make them. As for "stupid fast sleepers" those happen to be my uncle's specialty.