RAGE..... I h8 h8ters........

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Ok, I am very very very pissed off right now..... My uncle asked me to take him to auto zone to get a warranty for the cheap shocks in his truck soo kool I go.... As I get there there are two teens at the pipe section looking for straight pipes and talking about resonators and where the cat goes and so on.... One was driving a 370z and the other a mazda 3. My uncle's shocks were not in stock so we had to go to another location so we all end up pulling out at the same time..... These kids then start pulling up to me and taking off and so on untill I got really annoyed and decided to floor it...... Car pulls beautifully, van gets in the way so I slow down he keeps going and waits for me a little so I get back into gear and pull okay.. Enough for him to hear my bov and put 2-3 cars on him and then the gap widens to 10 cars so I know he let off... I see them turn right into a muffler shop and block later I'm at the auto zone.... 20 min later I'm heading back and this is where I nearly lost it.

I'm waiting at a red light and there is a group of guys in a suburban, a guy pulls down window and says I like your car!! I said thank you.... Then he says is it a v4? I was like ?? Ok he is just a little dumb soo I answered straight 6 turbo...... I still thought this guy was serious and giving me props but things changed real fast..... He then says, you should put a v8 in it, its more manly.... I caught on to it fast and responded, nahI'm good.... I eat v8's up easy.... His facial expression hit a nerve so he then said " with that car you got out a cereal box"? Do you go to westheimer meets? (Westheimer meets are the local rice meets where nothing good can happen) My answer, " No I dont play with those kids I have a real turbo in my car" His answer, your lying lemme hear your turbo.... My answer, NO..... Light turns green and I was extremely pissed off that this guy was actually "making fun of my pride and joy".......... Laughed at my exhaust and assumed thats all the car had...... I did not show him jack but I get the feeling those two other kids where in the car with him........ I'm full of rage and have just never had someone make fun of my car before, Ive gotten props and respect..... I have also had people make fun of it in a firendly manner, they are friends..... But never someone straight up call my car a cereal weak azz car......... I dont kno what I am feeling.... So mad... Sorry guys, I need to vent and who better than my supra family :( :: angry ::

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
Your restraint seems to indicate you don't belong to the ricer crowd lol and American muscle (v8) jerks will never understand the import muscle crowd

Take pride in the fact that your 20+ year old comfortable fast car doesn't sound like it has a can of bees taped underneath like a ricer, or rattle your brains loose like a built v8, but can still keep up or blow them out of the water with the confidence to not have to prove it. :cool:

xnuclear23

Nov 6, 2010
California SoCal
Don't let their ignorance/douchebagness ruin your mood, they are fools nothing more and not real car people. Cus a real car guy appreciates all well put together automobiles, so screw those that can't appreciate hard work and dedication

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
I am trying not to care but I can honestly say that I did at the moment. It had just never happened to me in this form or fashion....... Dont be that guy JetJock, I know you want impose your wisdom of maturity and philosophy of being a supra owner but thats not the point. Is 25 old enough? I take care of my car and rarely push it because I honestly fear losing my car to an accident. I am also human and still very young and no I cannot promise I will not respond when push comes to shove..... I am here because like I said, this is my supra family and I know yall will support me but if you want to be the one who is facepalming at a member of the community for giving in and feeling bad afterwards then go ahead.....

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Thanks IJ, and its okay.... I'll take the heat from my elders.... I still love yall and still listen to yall even if its to put me down for something stupid I did..... :(

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
To some it may just be a car, but to some of us that are saving almost everything we make to put into our car, it's more than that. It's a best friend, an extension of ourselves, a second half at times.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Learning not to care about what others think is a big part of growing up. You shouldn't be enraged by what anyone thinks about your car.

As they say.... its just a car. There are many, many more important things in life to worry about.

I'm a huge enthusiast, but it still amazes me how personal some people make this stuff. If you're not wrenching on these for your own enjoyment, you need to find a new hobby.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Well, if he's saying he regrets handling it the way he did then OK. I just wasn't getting that impression at first. Hopefully he learned not to lower himself to their level next time. Lol, or at least not post about it...

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
Can't fix stupid. Those convinced against there will are of the same mind still. Don't waste your time. How nice will there cars be in 25 years.

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
That's nothing a little 2 step can't fix :p

On a serious note however, who cares man. People talk all the time about my car especially cause it's on sawblades still. I could care less to be honest. Just cruise, don't pay attention to anyone else, and enjoy your Supra!

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I'm in the "it's just a car" category. I don't care what people say. I just tell them they can meet me at San Antonio Raceway if they want a challenge. See how fast they shut up. All these punk kids want to street race all the damn time, but clam up like little bitches when you mention a dragstrip. They don't really want to know how slow their cars are.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
I'm with Poodles, you can especially laugh at him in all the aspects of owning a vehicle. Your MPG is better, your looks are better, your car is more fun to drive, your performance is better and you don't sound like a ton truck trying to leave a redlight.

But don't feel bad. I showed up where people hang out near here, first they couldn't figure out WHAT my car was. They called it a rx7 then a ford probe, once they figured out my car they said "Should of gone with mk4, the mk3 sucks ass". I also got the response of.. "You should put a 302 in there and cam it" with the silly people not knowing what I have from the factory had more balls than a mustang gt of comparable year..

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
I apologize if I came off the wrong way but I was..... No, I am not proud for putting my car and my life in danger for the sake of showing my supra had more guts than they thought.... I am also not proud that a fat inmature kid got to me the way he did but I was offended.... And the reason why has nothing to do with me owning a supra, I could have been driving a civic, corolla, integra, sti, wrx it does not matter but the fact that he was putting down something that I worked hard on for many years is what hit the nerve.... I remember falling alseep under the car, cutting myself hundreds of times and just simply to keep her running..... I was not mad because somebody had a different opinion, I was mad because he was insulting my work and imagination. Maybe this is not a close community but in the end this is still my community and yall are the group of guys I have something in common with. The community makes the car and when someone is dogging it in that fashion I think about Rodel, IJ, Poodles, Kai.... Some of the guys with the best sups out there, why arent they here to show these idiots what these cars are trully capable of? Am I not representing the supra world well? Is my car really just rice or are they just hating on it because its nice?..... All these questions came in mind.....

And yes, its just a car. I understand that. Nothing in this world is more important than health, family and friends but in a way the car connects you to soo many other people with the same taste in atleast one thing. I feel better now and thanks to everyone who responded with on my side because hey it feels good to know others have your back, I too would if this was happening to a friend or even a stranger with a supra.....