R154 With W58 Slave?

plyhard13

Nov 17, 2010
Springfield, IL
Hey all. I just finished rebuilding the R154 I got with a JZZ30 1JZ. I wasn't paying attention to the few oddities until I was finished and ready to install new hardware to the clutch release bearing. The pictures below show what I believe to be a W58 slave cylinder attached to the bellhousing. Also, the clutch fork and release hub don't match up with either the W58 or R154 in the Supra TSRM.

My questions is what to do with the fork and release hub. Should I just get a new release bearing and use it what I have. I have a centerforce clutch kit that is push I have a feeling that's the right way to go.

Any info/advice would be great.

P.S. Here's a before pic of the tranny just for fun.

DSC06302.jpgDSC06371.jpgDSC06369.jpgDSC06370.jpg

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
Looks like a custom push-pull converter for use with twindisk/ multidisk clutches. Unless you have the appropriate clutch for it you're going to have to find a stock fork and hub.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I'll be surprised if you can get a conventional clutch setup to work with that setup... hell, I'd be surprised if that Rube Goldberg contraption works at all. I suspect you're going to need to buy a conventional R154 pull clutch, a new fork, and a new slave cylinder. You might have to buy the mount inside that the fork slips into as well, tough to tell without a picture of the inside of the bellhousing.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I dunno where that little cast iron bit came from, but I can tell you this - it's not from a Mk3. Neither the W58 or the R154 uses something that looks like that. Obviously, that means you don't have the parts needed for either clutch release system.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Definately looks like a push/pull conversion for a multiplate use. You said you got it from a 1J, where's the clutch?

plyhard13

Nov 17, 2010
Springfield, IL
Well, that's quite annoying. I didn't get a clutch with it. It was a crated swap. The engine and tranny were already separated. It also had aftermarket motor mounts attached. They are cusco mounts. I tried to do a little research and the best I could come up with is that they're for a S13/14 swap. I guess the clutch setup was also for that.