quick question, in need of some help...

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
hi was wondering how do i "shave" my door handles, side markers, and side moldings, also that thing by the window/door. do i just remove them, throw some 'cat hair' on it fiberglass is down, then lay some bondo on top? i honestly don't have the slightest clue of how to do it, but i really want to do that to my car...

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
This is not what I would consider a beginner mod.

First of all, you need some way to open the doors - so you'll have to find a solution for that. Many states will not allow you to license a car for use on public roads without a door handle - check the regulations in your area.

Most of the bits you want to shave are done by removing the part, cutting steel to the shape of the hole, welding the steel in, and grinding down the welds until it's smooth.

Some of them are more complex than that - the marker lights are in the body molding, and you can't buy molding without the holes, so you'll need to either completely eliminate all the molding (LOTS of welding) or rebuild some moldings - also a fairly large undertaking.

Visit a bodyshop and ask them for a quote - and get it broken down into materials and labor. The REALLY BIG number on there for labor is there for a reason.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
I want to make my gas door disappear when I put my fuel cell in... I think that would trip people out... "Where's the gas door?" Oh man, its on the passenger side... "No it isnt!" Holy shit! Someone stole it?

:D:D:D