Prosport Boost Gauge Wiring

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
I really hate to make a thread like this but I'm crunched for time and in the middle of doing some other major work right now.

What wires can I tie an IGN signal wire into? The IGN fuse is where I'm pulling power for my Uego and the ground is just a basic ground. I've got the wires for the Prosport Boost Gauge tied into those and the Uego still works so it has to be a good connection, I guess its just missing IGN signal but I thought the IGN fuse could provide power/IGN signal?

I'm so confused about this...

Can anyone else chime in? The power harness for the boost gauge has 4 wires:
White: Eng accessory power on
Orange: Headlight Switch
Red: Constant 12V
Black: Ground

Could I tie the white and red into the same wire? (The IGN Fuse)

:1zhelp:

Thanks guys!

-Nick-

Last edited:

The Dude

no more supra
Apr 5, 2005
Okinawa, Japan
I have the red and white wires spliced to the cigarette lighter power. For the orange, I found it easiest to splice into the fog light switch so gauge color will change at night(my gauges are in stock cluster). Depending on which color you want during the day(lights off) will determine if you splice the red/orange or red/white wires together. That is explained in the gauge instructions. So really if you only want the same color day and night you'd only need to connect the orange or white.

Last edited:

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Okay connected those wires and it turns on but stayed at 0 when running, then when I put my foot into it, it goes into vacuum and begins to climb with RPM as it was functioning normally. Weird stuff...

And theres also no closing ceremony...

We'll see though.

-Nick-

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
There is no closing ceremony because the gauge isn't wired for a constant 12V source, just a switched source. Do it right and splice into your ignition harness, or stereo harness. Dont just wrap wires around a fuse and shove the fuse back into the panel.

You need to have a 12V switced on the white wire(ignition harness, black/orange wire).

The red wire needs to be on a constant 12V source(ignition harness, white/red wire).

Orange wire has to go to a 12V switched wire on a switch you would like to hit when you want to change the color of the gauge(IE foglight switch).

And a good ground.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
you can find 3 of the 4 power/ground sources on the back of the stock gauge cluster. ign, ground, and +12V (solder to 11th terminal of connector C IIRC...double check with TEWD though). For the headlight signal, tap into the green wire coming to the interior light dimmer control. (again, confirm with the tewd)

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
adampecush;1105459 said:
you can find 3 of the 4 power/ground sources on the back of the stock gauge cluster. ign, ground, and +12V (solder to 11th terminal of connector C IIRC...double check with TEWD though). For the headlight signal, tap into the green wire coming to the interior light dimmer control. (again, confirm with the tewd)

I tried the green wire and it didnt show any power.