Project Git 'er done!: Stages 1, 2…now 3.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So today, all I did was pull the fan motor housing, to make sure it was clean.
It was, but the top seal was a bit dried out, so I replaced it, along with a new blower resistor.

p1980564_1.jpg

p1980564_2.jpg

p1980564_3.jpg

p1980564_4.jpg

Then I reinstalled the AC core, and reconnected the lines. Next, I want to vacuum the lines, to see if there's any leaks. I don't want to reinstall the dash,
only to find that I screwed up the ac core, and have to tear it all back out...

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
So today, i spent a bit of time creating some supports for the rear deck cover.
Being that it sits about a half inch higher than it used to , I needed to make 1/2" posts to support it, otherwise the hinges would take all of the weight
if I were to put anything heavy back there. Here you can see the gap:

p1981261_1.jpg

I started with some 3/4" nylon rod: (the owl is not impressed)

p1981261_2.jpg

Cut it into 1/2" discs:

p1981261_3.jpg

Countersunk some stainless bolts, and placed them in where they could rest on the rubber bumpers:

p1981261_4.jpg

Then, I finally got around to creating a mount for my catch can. It's simply welded on to the side of the ps resevoir mount:

p1981261_5.jpg

And that's pretty much it for now. Still have a laundry list of things to get done, but most of it is on hold till I get a new dash, which is proving more difficult to find than I ever expected.
I don't think that there will be too much progress until after Christmas, But that's ok. It allows me to plan more stuff out ahead of time, I guess...

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Dont know. Just know that its an M14 to -6 adapter.
Summit and Jegs don't have any physical dimension info on it. I can say that the two crush washers fit properly with the FPD.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Finally got home and opened a couple of presents. Here's one I got from my Mamma:

p1982527_1.jpg

5 channel class D amp. It's teeny, but heavy as hell.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Three weeks since an update.
Not much new to report, however. I'm waiting for a vac pump to arrive, so that I can pull down the ac system, to verify no leaks.
Then I need to get a new dash for my car. Over a year now, and zero luck in finding a good maroon dash. So sad. My new plan, is to start looking for one up north. I travel constantly for my job, and I often find myself in places like NY, NJ, PA, etc., so I'll be calling junkyards up that way when I have time, and if I get lucky, I'll go grab one and package it, and Greyhound it back to myself.

Today, I decided to attempt the final install of my turbo. I say 'attempt' because I'm just hoping I don't have to remove it again, for any final adjustments to anything else on that side of the motor. I'm also waiting for a new mounting plate for my DG500 coils, for the "Morganson cop mod".
I was also going to do the final install of my full exhaust system today, but it just got too damned cold outside, and I gave up. Maybe tomorrow.

p1986503_1.jpg

p1986503_2.jpg

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
LOL!
Bless you, my son!
Funny thing is- I just looked on Ebay yesterday, and didn't see that.

I will indeed see about buying that one.

PS- Just ordered A full set of Targa seals from DM.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
supraguy@aol;1986536 said:
LOL!
Bless you, my son!
Funny thing is- I just looked on Ebay yesterday, and didn't see that.

I will indeed see about buying that one.

PS- Just ordered A full set of Targa seals from DM.

supraguy@aol;1986538 said:
Hell.
As of 3 minutes later, I now own it.

I OWE you, Silver.

No problem, glad I could help. I hate it when I can't find what I am looking for. It was literally the first item that came up when I typed "Supra dash" into Ebay, I believe it said newly listed so that's probably why you didn't see it yesterday. It was just good timing I guess. Seems like you got a good price on it, but shipping would just about double it I would assume.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Yeah.
The buyer emailed me this morning asking how i wanted to handle shipping.
I wanted to give him a hard time, and say "ship it however you want, i already paid you the $13 you asked for", lol.
Dunno why he posted that estimate, but i asked him to ship Greyhound, and now i'm just waiting for him to get back to me with the box dimensions. Then i'll send him the money, or pay it to Greyhound directly.

Last edited:

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Today, I just played around in the hatch area a bit.
Just started mapping out wiring for the amplifier, as well as the fuel pump. Pretty much squared away, except I have to route the speaker wires, as well as the rca leads.

p1986658_1.jpg

Also, I hung the intercooler off the front, because I have to extend the turbo outlet pipe by about 1.5", in order to meet up properly with the turbo's compressor housing.
Doesn't look like the angles have to be messed with at all, just a little more length to my pipe is necessary(insert "that's what she said" joke here).

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
supraguy@aol;1986585 said:
Yeah.
The buyer emailed me this morning asking how i wanted to handle shipping.
I wanted to give him a hard time, and say "ship it however you want, i already paid you the $13 you asked for", lol.
Dunno why he posted that estimate, but i asked him to ship Greyhound, and now i'm just waiting for him to get back to me with the box dimensions. Then i'll send him the money, or pay it to Greyhound directly.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw that. $13 to ship a dash seems like a good deal to me. :)

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
supraguy@aol;1986658 said:
Today, I just played around in the hatch area a bit.
Just started mapping out wiring for the amplifier, as well as the fuel pump. Pretty much squared away, except I have to route the speaker wires, as well as the rca leads.

p1986734_1.jpg

Also, I hung the intercooler off the front, because I have to extend the turbo outlet pipe by about 1.5", in order to meet up properly with the turbo's compressor housing.
Doesn't look like the angles have to be messed with at all, just a little more length to my pipe is necessary(insert "that's what she said" joke here).

I ended up having to get ground loop isolaters had alternator whine on my speakers sigh, how did you run your power cable and rcas? Btw clean amp install probably gonna clean mine up now that I see yours. Also can't see clearly but did you use circuit breakers instead of a ANL fuse?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I hope I don't have to deal with isolators and filters, but i guess we'll see.
I ran the power line down the driver's side, the rca's down the passenger side tunnel, and I will run the front speaker lines and remote line back up to the front, probably up the driver's side of the tunnel. And yes, I used resettable circuit breakers- 60amp for the amplifier, and 30 amp for the fuel pump. This allows me to disable the fuel pump at the push of a button, without having to run any additional wiring, or install any extra switch.

p1986739_1.jpg

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
That's what I ended up doing but I have a dual amp set up and my wiring is a little crazy right now(got impatient lol) maybe after I clean it up I can get rid of the isolators they're ugly, that's badass may steal this lol thanks for the pic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
1/2" plywood(birch, i think) and covered it in carbon fiber-design vinyl.
I had a roll of it just lying around, that I had bought years ago.