Project Eat My 2jz! (56K? Don't Bother.)

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Just waiting for parts to come in. I will be cleaning the engine bay and tearing down the 2jz and switching electronics all this week so I will try and get a real camera so I can get better pictures lol

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Ordered more parts today!

1) Southbend OFE Stage 4 full face clutch kit
2) XSPower NA-T Kit (ssautochrome): t4 manifold, 3" v-band dp, 4" intake, wastegate dump tube
3) MP T70 w/ .68 ar
4) Oil feed/return kit for 2jzge-t

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Sup bro...how's it goes? Nov. 15th, eh? Keep us updated!

Hmm...wondering if you might have the same clutch issue like Dustin had with his SB. :dunno:

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
I think Dustin had the issue because he might have forgotten something, or didn't adjust something. Who knows? If I have the same issue, then I'll request a refund and buy a better clutch, but for now it seems the best choice being full face and capable of that much torque (520wtrq)

As for updates, no pictures as of yet, BUT I did get the XSPower turbo set-up, got the MP T70 w/ .68 hotside, the oil line kit, and my head back from the shop! I might have the bottom end spec'ed and mic'ed and cleaned to be on the safe side.

So far I only need arp head studs, a starter, TB, TB cable, FMIC and piping, and she'll be good to drop right in and hook everything up! I should be able to start and run her off the basic stuff and 7psi at first without tuning as long as the timing is right. Once I get a safc and maft (or some other set-up, maybe megasquirt) I can get it tuned and hopefully run a good 14psi. Then I can upgrade fuel in accordance, maybe add cams down the road. Right now thought I am focused on getting her ready to drop in. So close!

And I turn 21 on Monday! Sunday night my ex is taking me to her dance club and I'm probably going to get thrown up on stage to be tortured by the ladies :sarcasm: :naughty:
:boobs: :boobies::biggrinki:boobies:

The clutch problem was caused by the RPS flywheel he had. The rps was 3/8" thiner than a stock or fidanza flywheel. He went ahead and bought a fidanza and we're gonna be done pretty soon with that one. As soon as I return his dp haha. Btw, where did you get the vband dp landon?

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Ok, update time! I will have pics up as soon as I get them from the chick with the camera. Over the past weekend I:
1. Banged out the lower oil pan. The oil pump was in perfect condition so everything there is good.
2. I installed the arp rod bolts and reinstalled the upper oil pan section. Waiting to drill the turbo oil drain before I fully reinstall the lower oil pan.
3. Began installing the arp head studs. Currently paused due to other issues lol
4. Most of my parts have arrived. Still awaiting the brake rotors, TT and harness, and the triple pillar pod.

In other news, I did get a new pair of Oakley half-jackets and a Seiko Sportline SNA765 watch for my 21st birthday! :biglaugh:

QUESTION FOR 2jzge-t SWAP GUYS! Can I use the 7mgte starter or do I have to use a 2jzge starter?

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Nghty89;1171490 said:
QUESTION FOR 2jzge-t SWAP GUYS! Can I use the 7mgte starter or do I have to use a 2jzge starter?

I used my 2JZGE starter, just swapped plugs on the harness. I wanna say if you have a threaded 7M starter, it will work... why don't you be the guinea pig?

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
I will possibly be buying a Haste radiator from 935 but at the moment I am not too thrilled at the prospect of waiting 2 months for one to come in if the wait for my TT, SS clutch line, and slotted rotors is any indication...

Other than that I have the head installed with the studs and all that fun stuff. Having the drain plug welded in this friday. Can I just attach it to the lower pan, or does it have to be in the upper pan?

Threaded starter? What do you mean?

Still missing all of the pulleys, belt tensioners, and a manual (non traction controlled) throttle body for the 2jzge and NOBODY SEEMS TO HAVE A USED SET OF ANYTHING. 3 forums and no one has a single part. I would really like to avoid being raped by the stealership, but atm it seems unavoidable. Yes, I'm not in a good mood.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Nghty89;1177598 said:
Still missing all of the pulleys, belt tensioners, and a manual (non traction controlled) throttle body for the 2jzge and NOBODY SEEMS TO HAVE A USED SET OF ANYTHING. 3 forums and no one has a single part. I would really like to avoid being raped by the stealership, but atm it seems unavoidable. Yes, I'm not in a good mood.

I don't have any of the stuff you mentioned, but I do have a bunch of random stuff still. Just LMK what you need. I gave away a TB w/out traction control awhile ago. :(

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Hmm, well I found the pulleys and things so now the list is down to:
1) TB without traction control, or if someone knows a size that will fit...
2) IC Pipes
3) FMIC
4) Wastegate
5) PS pump and 1jz line, but that's not as important

Once I get the head back from the shop (i tipped it and the valve shims fell out... $20 to make sure they're all in the right place) and I move into my new apartment, everything should be in and really close to finishing! I will be posting pics as soon as the weather allows me to show off my assortment of fine parts lol She is very close to completion :bowdown: