Project Eat My 2jz! (56K? Don't Bother.)

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Yes! ANOTHER 2jzge-t coming to realization. We picked up the motor last night after I got off work. Wow... A 2jz is a beautiful thing my friends. :naughty:

There is not much on this first post, but once parts and things start rolling in, then I will do detailed analysis on everything! :sarcasm:

Stay tuned, there is more to come from this mkiii :biglaugh:

Attachments

• 2jz Proof!.jpg
    2jz Proof!.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 170
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 363
  • Cam gears, pfft.jpg
    Cam gears, pfft.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 344
  • Midnight Pickup.jpg
    Midnight Pickup.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 244
  • Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 192

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Hellz yeah harbor freight special! $49.99 and Jordan (applesauce on SM), who is a tall, muscled guy practically sat on the dam thing trying to get it to break when we first put the engine on it! (of course, the chains from the hoist were still attached during the test, just slack :naughty: ) He could not get it to move at all. It may be harbor freight and cheap, but I'll be damned if it isn't strong as hell! :biglaugh:

Actually the cam gears are in a box on the ground next to the motor. They were off when I first picked it up :nono: Who needs cam gearz anywaz son? I'll just do it ricer style! :biglaugh:

The motor itself is a USDM. Roughly 40K-50K miles. It looks to be in great condition after pulling the valve covers off and checking over what can be checked without pulling the head. The guy who I bought it from had ordered it and then it sat in his garage on an engine stand for a while. He was going to turbo it and drop it in his SC300, but decided to go 2jzgte instead and was going to sell it to applesauce, who decided to go gte too. I got the motor at a nice $400 and it was only a 30 minute drive to get it. Now it sits in my garage awaiting dis-assembly, cleaning, new gaskets, and aftermarket parts! Should be within the next week since I have the money, just deciding on parts :love:

Last edited:

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Thank you! And for my beginning of the build, I am missing the top half of the intake manifold, throttle body, and all electronics that go with said missing parts. The engine didn't come with them from Japan :sarcasm:

I am currently scavenging the board like crazy for parts too :naughty:

How much did sethron charge for that FFIM scott?

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
I plan on running the motor off of the 7m electronics and a few 2j electronics. A standalone might be in order, but I might just go with simple add on electronics for now just to get it running and put a little power down.

My goal was to have a reliable daily driver that can put down 400 to 600whp anytime I want and still get me comfortably to where I need to go. The suspension will be redone, the brakes will be upgraded slightly, and the paint will be redone as well once all is said and done :love:

Plus, I'm tired of being the slowest turbo supra around here (meaning Va Beach) :biglaugh:

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Saturday we began the disassembly of the 7m in preparation of pulling it. I was hoping to get it out that day, but sadly we could not get the driver side motor mount to disconnect by the time we ran out of time.

Pause for date and sleep. :biglaugh:

Then I jumped back into it today around 5pm and disconnected the motor mount completely from the block before pulling it. Then the hoist I rented blew TWO seals... :nono: Had to wait several hours and in the process realized I had also forgotten the fuel lines on the driver side. After an hour I just said :kickinthenuts: and used a bolt cutter on both lines. :naughty: FINALLY several people showed up and I got a new hoist hooked up... 3 hours later after having to use my mother and brothers as counterweights, since the hoist was put together wrong when it was first assembled (NOT BY ME) and the front wheels were cock-eyed making it difficult to push or pull, we got it into the garage. Oh, by the way, DO NOT FORGET TO PULL THE CLUTCH FORK BEFORE TRYING TO PULL THE TRANNY OFF... It will come off so easy if you listen to me. :nono:

Now it's all in my garage awaiting sale/new parts. :evil3: Sorry for no step by step pictures. I have a camera phone and it takes forever to even upload just 5 pics. I will get a camera sooner or later... car parts are more important for now! :love:

Now I just really need the accessories for the 2jz (PS, AC, WP, OP) and a new oil pan... Are they baffled on the inside for the SC300? Or can I just hammer it out? Haven't gotten to pulling it off yet.

Attachments

• wtf.jpeg
    wtf.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 103
  • the damage.jpeg
    the damage.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 43
  • r154.jpeg
    r154.jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 58
  • my garage.jpeg
    my garage.jpeg
    13.8 KB · Views: 53
  • jacked up yo.jpeg
    jacked up yo.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
More pix

Attachments

• getting close.jpeg
    getting close.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 104
  • engine out!.jpeg
    engine out!.jpeg
    9.5 KB · Views: 40
  • empty bay.jpeg
    empty bay.jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 39
  • crushed pan.jpeg
    crushed pan.jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 7mgte.jpeg
    7mgte.jpeg
    12.3 KB · Views: 101

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
And that's all I have for now. It took me an hour to get all those uploaded, so be grateful! :sarcasm:

Attachments

• 2jz ftw.jpeg
    2jz ftw.jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 2 motors 1 tranny.jpeg
    2 motors 1 tranny.jpeg
    12.6 KB · Views: 45

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
And I just decided to spend some of that cash I had laying around lol
Beginning List:
-1jz Bell housing
-early 89 motor mounts
-Metal Coated motor mount pieces (replace the stock rubber ones)
-Split Loom for the harness in places
-2jz Pulley Kit
-ARP 1jz Flywheel Bolts
-New Bell housing bolt set
-Clutch Release Hub kit r154 (to replace worn factory stuff)
-SS Clutch Hose r154

I still need to find the top half (including electronics) for the 2jzge intake manifold...

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
But that's not what you said last night! :gaybar:

You'll laugh when you see it :naughty:

So far, so good! Parts on the way:
- 1jz bell housing
- 1jz flywheel
- bic early 89 motor brackets
- hardened motor mounts
- plated bell housing bolt set
- ARP 1jz flywheel bolts
- jz pulley kit
- clutch release hub kit
- triple pillar pod
- 2jz alternator (100 amp)
- 2jz PS pump and the proper lines
- slotted rotors
- stainless clutch line
- Greddy Full Auto Turbo Timer (black)
- Red Stuff brake pads
- New ebrake pads
- TWM weighted gun blue desert eagle shift knob (had one before, OMG I loved it. Came on a short throw kit for my cobalt. Made a big difference with the weighted part!)

I'm grabbing deals as they come, so if nothing is in order, there is a method to my madness!

Man that car-part.com is awesome! I'm hoping to have an answer on a complete intake manifold tomorrow.

Last edited: