Project Dosojin

Gunnar

Jul 11, 2008
Belgium
www.chiptuners.org
I bought this one in Germany, with major problems.
It's slowly on it's way back to former glory and beyond :icon_bigg

Purchased in germany for cheap money, due to the horrible state it was in.
Car had major oilleakage from several places and the wrong fluids everywhere.
(for example normal gearbox oil in the auto tranny etc).

Here's some pictures of the progression.

supra001.jpg

supra002.jpg

supra003.jpg

supra004.jpg

supra005.jpg

supra006.jpg

supra008.jpg

supra012.jpg

supra013.jpg

supra026.jpg

supra027.jpg

supra028.jpg

supra030.jpg

supra031.jpg

supra032.jpg

supra033.jpg

supra034.jpg

supra035.jpg

supra036.jpg

Gunnar

Jul 11, 2008
Belgium
www.chiptuners.org
I started with removing things like the gastank and cleaning up the underside. Things were so bad that i didn't want to spend all the time trying to weld it up myself so a bodyshop did all the work. They did an amazing job, since the entire inner fender wells were cut out and rebuilt from sheetmetal. They made two new jacksupports and cut out and fixed 4 holes in the floor too. The bodykit came off ebay and the sideskirts were realy bad, so i ordered new ones from bomexaero.

Next in the list is putting in the leather seatcovers, full 3 inch exhaust system , the 550cc injectors and the lexus afm. After that im gonna just drive it now and then. I was into oldtimer cars before, but those things are more problems than you have fun driving them.... kinda like a supra but worse :)

Gunnar

Jul 11, 2008
Belgium
www.chiptuners.org
Installed the seatcovers i bought on ebay, not a perfect fit, but i used heat resistant tie-raps which allow me to put in more filling once the covers have settled a bit.

I finaly fixed the knock sensor problem too. Bought 2 sets of second hand sensors and laid out a logical order in which to replace them and make sure i had 2 good ones. Second one i did in the front was a lucky combo.
Power fully restored now and loads of fun to drive.

Attachments

• seats1.jpg
    seats1.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 12
  • seats2.jpg
    seats2.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 10
  • seats3.jpg
    seats3.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 10
  • seats4.jpg
    seats4.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 29

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Nice save of a supra. I never paid attention to ride hight till I got my 92 and noticed the handling improvement. Kinda of a bummer on the fit for your nice seatcovers. Hope you get that solved.

Scott I liked those wheels also. They would look great on your grey...er red car.

Gunnar

Jul 11, 2008
Belgium
www.chiptuners.org
This thread needed a bit of updating.

Engine fail (headgasket)

Auto box burned up two weeks after engine upgrades

Sideskirts fitted and body and taillights given a good cleaning/polish

And yes, after getting rodbearing issues it was time to be smart and make the 1JZ move.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Engine had nice torque curve and power, but the new ecu could not give the correct throttle valve angle pattern to the ECT.
So, it was time to look at other options.

suprastick computer and a decent paddle shift system.
Using an old ECT and desoldering that plug, it turned into a plug and play system and the old ect van always be put back in place.
The paddle shift system with the work's bell hub is just perfect fit. The cruise control wires in the contact rings were used to connect up and down paddle.

A bit of wielding the wirecutters, soldering tool and serial port laptop, around and some testdriving gave this as result. I love it.

[video=youtube;KHvtZKkYF3c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHvtZKkYF3c[/video]

pelper87t

Oct 19, 2008
paterson nj
:icon_biggi concur that paddle system is top notch :love: nice supra save too

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

you should probably do a write up maybe others will follow suit:naughty:

Gunnar

Jul 11, 2008
Belgium
www.chiptuners.org
Rebuilt the brake calipers and got some new wheels and tyres.
KYB shocks and some lowering springs.

03022011128.jpg

22052011310.jpg

22052011309.jpg

21052011304.jpg

Next investement is going to be new B pillar vent covers, mouldings for the roof rails, the rear window and quarter windows.