Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
johnathan1;956250 said:
Nice job Adam! You sure have come a long way since that chopped up burgundy...thing...lol

Thanks Johnathan. I've matured a lot since the day I bought my first Supra. My goal has changed from building an all-out barely street legal track machine to building a super clean beast with full trim. My next goal is to just pay off my debt as fast as I can. Once that's done, I will finish fixing anything in the interior that needs work and then start prepping for paint. Maybe I'll go widebody. But that is a major and very expensive project.

Adam

90supradrvr

Feb 28, 2008
oak harbor, wa
so all in all how much money you got into this car. i got a 90 same color even and im getting ready to start getting motor and all that. dont know if im gonna do the 1jz or the 2jz and if i get the 2jz am i gonna get the 5speed or 6 speed

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
In your case Blood, go for it since you already have the most expensive part of the 6-speed swap. As far as my car goes, the next thing I need to do is to wire up my guage faces finally, adjust the fuel needle since it reads 3/8 of a tank more than I have, and then try and figure out a way to mount my AEM TRU boost guage/controller in the stock location. After that, gotta start working on fixing/replacing interior pieces.

Adam

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
well damn bro, i just got word passed down from the OIC him self, im heading to the sand box, so i guess, i wont be able to run mine against yours for a while.. damn..

Duncan.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Did a bunch of work to my dash tonight. Got the guage faces wired up, replaced the speedo assembly and rolled the odometer to zero (3 tenths of a mile actually), and adjusted my fuel needle to where it should be (it was reading 3/8 of a tank more fuel than I had). Took a few hours, but it was worth it. If I have time in the morning I'll swap out the face on my boost guage (the only one that's functional of the 3). Pics up later.

Guess this means I now have the lowest mileage MKIII :D

Adam

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Ok, I couldn't wait. I swapped out the boost guage face and took some pics. In the last pic, you can see my zeroed out mileage. :D

gauges0803271lz5.jpg

gauges0803272ig5.jpg

gauges0803273ks5.jpg

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
You have to tear apart the gauge cluster so that the speedo face and backing plate and needle are removed. Then you have to unscrew the hold-down bar, bend back the tab on the left, remove the plastic locking piece, slide the wheels to the left (going left to right), and se the numbers so that all 3's are viewable in the locking piece, then reassemble. It'll take you a good hour or two to do.

BTW, if your title doesn't say that the odometer reading is not the true mileage, this is ILLEGAL!

Adam