Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Been slacking on updates the last couple days. I got my Haltech IQ3 and seat mounts seat mounts the other day. Went to Tacoma this morning and picked up a replacement dash from a buddy along with some fabric dye to get rid of the aweful burgand color my door panels are. Gonna have to really put my vinyl wrapping skills to good use. Still need a couple small bits (interior door handles and possibly door wiring harnesses). Gotta take stock of what I still need and get it coming soon. Lots of parts still on order right now, most have 1-2 week ship dates.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Just ordered a pair of high current toggle switch DPDT center off momentary both sides 20 Amp. This will be the perfect replacement for the stock window switches. Putting these in the center console (although exposed access for them as oppossed to the other concealed switches I have). Also, got in my Driftmotion aluminum PS and alternator pulleys finally (been meaning to order these for a long time). Came with a 3rd pulley that I can't use.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got some work done on the dash tonight. Got the initial coat of fiber resin applied. The A/C vents above the glove box got a piece of cardboard as a filler to reduce the depth and fill in the majority of the hole. I'm not too worried about full adhesion since the 3M vinyl wrap will act as a binder for the entire dash to hold it all together. Still have lots more to do, including more coats and lots of sanding to perfection. As a bonus my full engine gasket set came in today :)

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Fiber resin didn't turn out so good, so out came the foam insulation. It's curing right now so I gotta wait a bit before I can cut off the excess. I also picked up some body clips to replace the Oh Shit! handle bolts and foamed them in place as well. May have to finish off the holes with a little bondo to fill in fully but I'm not worried, all will be wrapped with 3M vinyl to make it look pretty :)

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got one seat all dyed nicely, did the other. Went to pull off the masking tape around the shoulder harness holes and one of them broke on me :( To make things worse, the can of black dye I was going to use had a stuck lid. When I was able to pry it off it broke the nozzle and shot dye everywhere, including on my freshly dyed seat. Oh well, guess I'm getting them re-upholstered.

On the upside I picked up a glovebox and lower dash panel that I was missing and got the lower dash panel stripped and foamed for the 3 holes I don't need anymore. I also trimmed off most of the excess foam from the dash and filled in a low spot on the front A/C vent above the glove box. I'll fiber resin in the remaining low points of the dash holes and then wrap it all in the next few days.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Busy day today, with a lot more getting done this weekend. Starting off with getting my new harness bar last night from SupraStore. Removed the factory seat belts and installed the harness bar. I temporarily installed the new seat mounting bases, they fit perfectly. The dash, A-pillar covers and the lower dash panel (above the drivers feet) all got sanded down and then a layer of fiber resin applied. Next step is to sand them all down once cured fully and cover with 3M CF vinyl. Seats and a couple other small pieces will be sent off to the upholstery shop shortly to be covered in black leatherette (looks and feels like leather, but half the cost and more durable and easier to maintain). Got a 3-day weekend so I predict a lot of progress to happen.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Gas tank and fuel pumps removed, got the sanding done on the pillar covers and started on the lower dash panel before my shoulder called mercy. Switch panel has the front covered and now the lower hole is getting covered. Nothing a little ABS plastic, Gorilla glue and a clamp can't take care of ;)

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Soooo, it's been 27 months since I last touched my Supra. Life threw me a major curve ball that changed my world and I started being much more responsible (after a bout of going nuts that included buying a sport bike). Started working on the Supra again tonight, starting with a 90 minute session of rapid prototyping and sketching a new center console. Gonna take my Supra to a whole nother level!

I will post up pics tomorrow, just gotta figure out how to do it from my cell.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
2hn289w.jpg
<br>
9tipzs.jpg
<br>
igeu0k.jpg
<br>
20j4r5w.jpg