Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Filling in the holes in the engine bay is just a matter of welding up the holes (small ones with just welding, large ones with pieces of sheet metal). Grind down the welds and use a thin amount of Bondo to make the area perfect so that you can't tell that the panel has been modified. I didn't do the work personally, so I know I am leaving out a lot of details. As for relocating the fuse box and cleaning up the engine bay, you just need to take your time and be meticulous. From the time I decided to clean up my engine bay I have constantly been on the look-out for things that can be relocated to a less visible location and for things that aren't needed. Example, every connector that I saw going to nothing was cut back and capped (folded back and heat shrinked or used with a twist cap). I've hidden wires, traced unused wires to their source, including through connectors, and removing all traces of the wires ever existing.

Thank you very much for the compliment, it's been a labor of love and I'm very proud of what my Supra has been transformed into.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
It's official, my Supra is in the USA now and home safe in the garage. Due to a issue with my steering column combo switch and a bad ground I only had a single headlight and brake lights coming home. Right as I pulled into my driveway and stopped so my wife could open the garage a cop pulled in behind me and hit his lights. After a bit of talking to him (including convincing him to let me drive the 10 feet into my garage) I was able to get out of a ticket for driving at night with what few lights I had. My Supra severely needs a bath right now and my pile of parts that were in my trunk (my old parts) gone through along with the lights fixed ASAP. Give me until Sunday evening and it'll be done :)

SupraCorwin

Shadow
Oct 14, 2008
Washington
Man the car looks better every time i peek in here :D

On a side note i was driving through mukilteo and this honda pulls up next to me at the light, the guy in it gives me a nod then says "Hey your Corwin right?" haha I didnt know what to say thought the guy was stalking me or something. Then he told me he was your friend and recognized me from my car, lol too funny. Hadn't even thought you've seen my newer supra yet.

Anywho your engine bay looks sick!

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
LOL, what was the Honda owners name? I haven't seen your new Supra. Thanks for the compliments guys, it makes all the time and money worth it.

I couldn't sleep this morning because I was soo excited to have my Supra home so I gave in at 6:40AM (my alarm was set for 9) and went out and washed the Supra. Once washed and dried I decided to use a little of the gas I had in the tank to see if I could find new valve stem caps. I ended up going all over and making 5 stops at a various business's (I promised I'd bring it by when I got it home) and a friends house. 2 hours later I'm just now getting home (never left my small town) and couldn't resist doing a quick photo shoot of my Supra in the garage next to the former Jawsgear Supra :) I'll post pics later, gotta get ready for work.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I still need to lower it about an inch all around (tomorrow nights project). But here's a couple shots from this morning after it's 7AM bath. Ya'll will recognize the Supra next to mine as the former Jawsgear drag Supra. It's currently waiting for it's owner to retrieve it. In the mean time, I'm using it for a photo opportunity :D

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Just spent 3 hours lowering the front of my Supra. The passenger side fought me tooth and nail the first time. Got it all lowered and realized it was about 1/4" too low. 30 minutes later it was where it should be. Since it's 3AM and I've been up since 8AM and worked 12 hours today I'm going to go to bed. I must say, the rake on my Supra (rear needs to be lowered about an inch) does look mean, but I prefer the level look. I'll probably get to that tomorrow. Gotta take it in at 8AM to get my headlight lenses trimmed at the local glass shop and buy some front seat covers since my drivers side bolster is deteriorating fast. Pics tomorrow after I get the lenses back on and the seat covers on.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Had to work 4 hours tonight and go to the doctors this afternoon so I only got to work on the Supra a little bit today. I took it for another cruise around town to see some more friends and the inner lips in the front fenders hit my tires, causing damage to the corner of my sidewalls where the tread blocks meet the sidewall. The passenger side fender lip had a section about 4" long that got bent outward so it was almost flush with the sidewall. I taped up both lips with masking tape and proceded to bend it up and inward with a plastic hammer a little at a time so that now the entire lip is nearly flush with the outside of the fender. Unfortunately the process did take some paint with it, but I'm honestly not surprised since it's not uncommon for that to happen. Here's a couple shots of the completed passenger fender (sorry, no damaged before shots). The last shot is what the fender lip looked like before I rolled it by hand (technically it's the drivers side in that photo). Where the passenger fender is chipped is where the lip was pulled out by the tire. What you see is the end result of my handy work.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Got the ds fender lip rolled, discovered in the process just how much bondo the body shop used to get my fender done. Needless to say I will be looking for a new pair of front fenders in the near future that are perfectly straight and just need paint, then cut the inner lip off so I don't have to worry about damaging the shape of the fender, then have them painted. Tonight my buddy Trevor (northwestsupra) came over and spent a few hours figuring out why my lights weren't working right. Turns out when I removed the stock headlight motors I also broke the grounding circuit for my lights. Trevor had to pull the relay and create 4 small leads, 3 attaching to the circuit board and the 4th attaching to where the ground would continue in the circuit. Still have my ds headlight not working but we're pretty sure that it's just a fuse and my front right side marker probably needs a bulb. While Trevor was working on the wiring I pulled off my front CPS and cleaned it along with the small puddle of oil it created from being loose then reinstalled it. And of course I finally got around to lowering the rear of my Supra to the propper height it should be at. As a bonus, I stayed up until 2AM cleaning my garage out and got rid of a large pile of scrap metal and a couple Subaru seats (landlords) along with a large trash can that I filled to the brim. I'll try and get a chance to take new photo's of my Supra at it's propper height this week.

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
Damn man i went through every page on here about your build and i have to say from the 1st picture to the last current one holy beauty man congrats on the restoration of your supra 100% awesome. can't wait for the dyno results.