Project Clean 87

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
jt2ma71;8297626 said:
hoestabe.jpg

There's your hint right there! If Duane doesn't show up, he'll get "most shaved holes in the engine bay" award.

A little of what' been getting done :D

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Ok folks, the time has finally come to reveal what I have been up to for the last 6 months. Beginning in late January Bill Bowering (owner of Indepenent Speed Shop in Langley, B.C.) got the green light to do a full rebuild on my Supra's engine bay. Here's the list of what all is I had done to my engine bay and 1JZ-GTE.

Re-ring the pistons because the pistons were loose (100k+ miles on the motor)
Replace the crank
Replace the crank bearings
ATI Super Damper crank pulley
Brian Crower 264 cams
Borg Warner S300SX 88-75 .91 A/R Twin-Scroll Turbo
OEM Metal Headgasket
DEI Titanium heat wrap on the downpipe, manifold, and thermostat neck
Turbo Blanket
Remove the exhaust section from the resonator to the bottom of the downpipe
Install 3" exhaust to replace the removed section and flange it for a V-band clamp
One-off engine harness built by Bill Bowering of Independent Speed Shop
Professionally polish the turbo, valve covers, and intake manifold
Finish polishing the upper water neck
Remove cam gear covers, excess stuff on vertical radiator support
Build intercooler upper support bracket
Custom intercooler piping (2.5" stainless steel)
Custom turbo air inlet pipe
Repair fuel system in front of gas tank
Weld up holes on the fenders, 3 large holes on the passenger side firewall
Paint engine bay
Replace many nuts and bolts with shiny new ones
New Oil Pump
Remove stock hydrofan setup and install dual SPAL electric fans
Replace silicone couplers with black ones
Modify water pump bolts
Build custom mount inside dash for ViPEC V88 ECU, fused relays, and the fuse box that was formerly in the engine bay behind the battery
Replace alternator
Paint many engine bay parts flat black

As ya'll can see the list is pretty long. My Supra isn't done yet, but it's almost ready to come home for the break-in miles on the motor. Just have to replace a faulty turbo oil return line (leaking badly) and fix a few other things. When the funding finally permits I'll take it back to have water/meth installed and then tuned. Here's some of the pictures I've taken, starting with a before shot of how my engine bay looked last year.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

And 1 last photo, sorry for the crappy cell phone picture.

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

Last year at the 2010 PacNW Supra Nationals

This year near (stuck in the shop in the area of the meet) the 2011 PacNW Supra Nationals

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Good news, I should be bringing my Supra home in the next few days since I just got a very nice gift from my dad. Gotta take off my turbo tomorrow morning and rebuild my oil drain line and replace the line and put on a heat shield sleeve since it looks like I melted the rubber in the line. We'll see how much progress I can make tomorrow morning before I have to head back home to go to work.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
I'm not sure what happened to it since I moved to the new house. I threw a lot of boxes with parts during the cleaning and it might have gone with it. Sorry Adam :-( .......If I ever go back to work I'll make a better one :).