Project Cherry Widebody, finished! (New pics on post #451 and #511)

Silent Deatz

made in Germany
Jul 21, 2006
Zurich
www.supra-forum.de
Untitled-11.jpg

OMFG those headlights are fu**ing badass!!!!!!!!!

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Cleaned................

Look, the thread starter ASKED to have HIS thread cleaned... Any personal issues will be taken to PMs from now on... This thread is about Tek's car, this is NOT a shop review thread... If people have a problem with Randy's shop, make a thread about it... If people have a problem with Duane's moderating, contact a super mod or administrator... Do NOT clutter this man's thread with this kind of nonsense...

Now, to keep my own post on topic: nice work on the car... I love the red... I was actually thinking about using a dark cherry red in my paint scheme, I may still... I think that red with the silver would be hot... But on a car like this, as wild as it is, any choice would work... Either a wild color or a subtle color... Tek, just find a color that you really love...

Ronl98

that twin 1jz guy
Feb 20, 2007
sac
tekdeus;804039 said:
Thanks again for the approval guys! :thumbup: Venturing into uncharted territory with the Mk3 can be rather unnerving, wondering how it'll look, how it'll work out... plus I have yet to drive the car now that the framerails are full of mega-density foam..!

Making some more headway with the interior covering the inserts with suede. Finally something fun to put together for a change!
int1.jpg

int2.jpg

int3.jpg

Custom made water jet-cut carbon fibre gauge bezel! I'm likin' this ;)
gb2.jpg

gb.jpg

what size boost guage are u using... do u need any brackets??

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Here is some pics with the stock wheels, just before I drove it to the paint shop. Note the gap from tire to fender edge!!!

Project&

ready%20for%20paint2%20(Medium).JPG

Front fenders with stock wheels
front%20fenders,%20stock%20wheels%20(Medium).jpg

Rear fenders with stock wheels, this is with 255 tires!!.
rear%20fenders,%20stock%20wheels%20top%20(Medium).jpg

rear%20fenders,%20stock%20wheels2%20(Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2003
Canada
buckshotglass;886168 said:
The car looks awesome. I would force myself to pull the motor and paint everything. It's so close.
The coke can really tells the story.

I hate coke.

Car is coming along! Brad, is that thing painted yet or is it at the paint shop still?

Duane

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
OMG THAT THING IS SOOOOOO SEXY!!when I do my exhaust I'm going with N1 thats the only one I will have on my car AMEN!!

it's funny thats my most fav back bumper for this car but I never wanted it becaue I always thought that you could never fit a N1 with a tilt but hey you did it.looks great

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
The painter has been backed up with other cars, and said it will be 2 months to paint mine. He finally gave me quote on Friday. I had the option to choose another shop which could do it in a month, but am willing to wait for a guaranteed top notch job. I will likely go with a true candy paint, like the honda bike photos above, but not that exact color.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I just wanted to give my take on the business issues that have come up in this thread: Yes, the build took many months longer than originally estimated, due to many unforseen circumstances. Because of this Randy and I negotiated a reduced rate, the cost of body materials was free of charge, as was the exhaust work. I am 100% happy with the quality of work and craftsmanship by Randy on this build, it is truly top-notch. He went the extra mile with extra bracing for all 4 fenders, as well as custom metal bracing for the thin front bumper lip to make it able to withstand high air speeds and the occasional autocross road cone :) For safety, all 4 springs were removed so that we could be sure that the tires would never touch the body of the car, even at full compression. This involved removing much more metal from the stock rear fender lip area, welding in new pieces and fiberglassing overtop. Cheers - Brad

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Wow, choosing a color is stressful, I have to live with my choice forever! I've darkened this photo a bit with photoshop, but I am drooling heavily over this color, and am leaning towards this look. I've looked at a few cars painted candy cherry and it seems that even with a hint of purple, the cars look very purple sometimes from some angles. I painted a sprayout card with that Honda Black Cherry paint, and it is cool in real life, but a bit too maroon/purple for my tastes. I am waiting on my painter to make me more sprayout cards. It is impossible to choose a color from tiny 1" chips in a book, since candy paints change color and brightness in different lighting and on curves. You need a flexible card that you can bend and look at in the sun.
Awood.jpg

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
That color looks great - I was hoping you'd stay away from those colors that were a bit too purple. Can't wait to see this all nice and shiny :icon_razz