Project Cherry Widebody, finished! (New pics on post #451 and #511)

strictlySupra

Dec 19, 2006
Canada
i NEED those rears and i will pay whatever it costs, gotta cover those 18x12 -20 offset

fronts would be nice too.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
The fronts are the only possibilities, i will look into having molds made from them and see if it is feaseable. For the rears you have the Kaze which we used or S2 fenders are available.

UPDATE- The bodywork is pretty much finnished !!! I am just working on a few last finishing touches. I will be putting it down on its wheels today for the first time, I will try to snap some pics. It will be heading to the paint shop in the next few days, as soon as we have a day thats not raining, so we can drive it over.

Randy@BIC

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
becauseican said:
The fronts are the only possibilities, i will look into having molds made from them and see if it is feaseable. For the rears you have the Kaze which we used or S2 fenders are available.

UPDATE- The bodywork is pretty much finnished !!! I am just working on a few last finishing touches. I will be putting it down on its wheels today for the first time, I will try to snap some pics. It will be heading to the paint shop in the next few days, as soon as we have a day thats not raining, so we can drive it over.

Randy@BIC

you can count me into a set of those fenders if and when you do do them..

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Ok guys, I need some help/input to choose my paint. I want a rather dark, deep, rich cherry red color, and I've been watching OEM cars and custom pics but haven't seen an OEM color that suits my vision. Most of the reds out there are too burgandy, light, or purple. Below are some pics of the dark cherry red I'm looking for. Just wondering if anyone has seen an OEM color like this, or if someone can suggest a custom paint code this shade. I will be talking to my paint shop in the next couple of days, but thought I'd throw this question out here since this is the most important step of my project, getting the perfect color. Thanks! - Brad

I'm shooting for the cherry red color in these photos:

IMGP1340.jpg

IMGP1342.jpg

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Volvo has some real nice rich deep red tones.

To be fair, the images below really make the paint look a LOT lighter than it is. The paints are really interesting and show a lot of depth. These look great with buckets of clearcoat and tinted a shade darker.

Regent Red (late 80's early 90's color) - silver base(subtle metallic) - probably closest to what you are looking for (probably need to tint clear coat just a tad darker). - VERY, VERY subtle metallic - looks very smooth.

Venetian Red (late 90's - 2000's) - light gold metallic base (looks a tad orange in the sun - probably not what you are looking for, but a gorgeous color)

Here is Venetian:

..%5C..%5CImageserver%5Cchrome%5C1998%5C7893.jpg

Ruby Red (2005 - current) - light silver metallic base - very close to regent - but you can see the metallic more in this one.

Here is ruby red:

s80-32awd4dr-rubyred8550.jpg

These paints look especially good when drowned in clearcoat - you don't really get the richness you see on the Corvette from most OEM jobs.

I can get you color codes if you need any - though I'm sure if you give your paint guy pictures of what you are looking for he can find you a nice custom paint.

Last edited:

Kosh

Sep 10, 2007
Edmonton
Try looking at previous models of the Chrysler 300, like 2004ish, they had a crazy deep kinda blood red, it was also candy and kinda pearlish......it was a nutso color almost exactly what ur lookin for i think.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
how about these.?

idk what color
p859855_1.jpg

stock color
p859855_2.jpg

a littel bright than I think you want but sexy
p859855_3.jpg

idk
p859855_4.jpg

hope this helps you get just want you have thought up in your head and good luck with the rest of the project can't wait to see it done

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
That Volvo Ruby red is close. Here's another photo of Scion Black Cherry Pearl in daylight. The Scion color is close, perhaps if I could remove the purple color from it...
scionemblems013.jpg

It's similar to Mazda's Black Cherry Mica:
1YVHP80C075M19643_6.jpg

I've seen this Lexus color in person, "Matador Red Mica" - it would be choice if darker:
is2507pu.jpg

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
wow your car is amazing i cant wait to see it painted like the others.. great job on interior as well. i dont have any pics for color choices but i really like the lexus one that you posted. i would suggest getting the paint code and taking it to a paint shop and see if they can do anything to make it darker or something. i dunno though.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
tekdeus said:

If you can find a balance of metallic and hue that you like - it's going to be very easy for your paint guy to darken it up a bit. He should be able to take the paint code you give him and look at the pictures (and listen to your description) and come up with what you are looking for.

I always do a few test strips when I'm mixing my color - I'm sure he wouldn't mind having you around to make sure he gets it just right.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Well I drove the car to the paint shop the other day.......it was quite a trip with no windows, windshield, interior, guage cluster, mirrors.....and a bunch of things removed. It wasnt raining!!!!, and the paint shop is only a 2-3 min drive away. I took some pics of it on the ground with the wheels on it and it looks amazing, I cant wait to see it painted, or even in primer just to see it all in one color. I put some stock sawblade wheels on it for the paint work and they look soo lame on the car, they sit about 3" in from the fender edge,,,LOL. I dont think I will be able to post pics up before I go on holidays but i will post the up as soon as I can.

Now for the color, that Scion color is to purple but I really like that Lexus color, we could just put a darker silver/grey base underneith the red to darken it up a bit. Honestly a true Candy is the only way to get the exact color you are after, but that will double the cost of the paint and its twice the work to apply it, which really adds up with the amount thats needed for you car. That and if you are actually going to race, daily drive , and Autocross it, the chances of minor dings and body damage are there, and with a Candy you cant just paint one panel.....you pretty much have to paint the whole side to make it match.

Randy@BIC

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
It only took a year to do this car? :3d_frown:

Glad to see you getting it back finally Brad. I won't bring my car there now since I don't want mine down for that long. (I would have from the beginning)

Duane

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
zachm611 said:
wow your car is amazing i cant wait to see it painted like the others.. great job on interior as well. i dont have any pics for color choices but i really like the lexus one that you posted. i would suggest getting the paint code and taking it to a paint shop and see if they can do anything to make it darker or something. i dunno though.

ture that!! +1

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Thanks for the ideas guys. I've found an OEM motorbike color that might be the closest to my needs. Check out "Honda Bloodstone Red"

In overcast/dimmer lighting, it looks dark, rich, and stunning.
Honda2005bloodstone1.bmp

Last edited: