Project: Built 7M with lippboss turbo*PICS ADDED*3RD PAGE

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
I recently came accross a great deal on a completly built 7M motor, and i couldn't pass up the opportunity. The motor has Zero miles on it so i will get the pleasure of breaking in a new motor :biglaugh:

Here are the specs/mods to the built motor:

.020 bored over
.020 oversize ross pistons
Shot peened rods
Cometic MHG
ARP head studs torqued to 85
Toyota main bearings
Rebuilt head
Toga high pressure oil pump
Greddy Belt

Here are my other current mods going along with the built 7M:

Lipp BOSS Turbo from HPfreaks.com
3in turbo elbow
Full 3in exhaust, 4.25in tip
Aeromotive Fuel pressure Regulator
South bed 6 puck clutch
Turbonetics manual Boost controller
UEGO Wideband
SAFC II
Autometer Boost gauge
255 walbro fuel pump
550cc injectors RC
Lex AFM
2.5in. Coolez IC piping
Spearco replica IC

After a decent period of time breaking in the motor properly I plan on getting it dyno tuned. We have a meet coming up on Nov 2nd so i plan on dyno'ing there.

I plan on running around 25psi with race gas.. Hoping to see something over the 500hp mark :evil2: we'll see what happens!

Any ideas or suggestion just let me know!

Last edited:

kikdurazz

what's the birdcage for?
Apr 1, 2005
winnipeg
Which lipp turbo do you have? I'm very interested in seeing the outcome of this as our parts list is similiar.

Currently on a 6 year old CT-26 60-1 with 10 degree clip I'm making 380rwhp and 397tq @ 18psi but would like to see the hp range somewhere in the 450-480 range.

I'm looking at doing the boss 60-1 TO4E bigshaft.

I know all cars are different but it would be nice to see numbers before I plunk down money. otherwise I may take a different route.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
lol, i promise you that you will be very very happy with the lipp boss turbo, of any trim. They are amazingly built, and pull so much harder up top than the CT turbos do. CT turbos like to fall off some or rather hit a flat area up top.

I currently have the Stage 5 57 trim To4E. I will take some pictures this weekend as we do the build.

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
suprafanatic;1150192 said:
what do you guys have agianst the 7m?

don't worry, they're not too smart ;)

should be a wicked build man! never understood why more people don't use the lipp turbos, they're some of the highest quality turbos you can get. I can't wait to see the buildup and results!

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
:D thanks, i knew there had to be some support out there! lol... ya the lipp turbo's are amazing but are really expensive. So i guess thats where people stear away from them. But thats one of the main reasons i got one cause they are amazing turbo's and you dont see very many on the MK3s. They make some really good power, especialy on a built motor. I cant wait to see the results!

I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures this weekend as the work is going on, then post them up. :)

Who else on here has a Built 7m? I'd like to know your outcome/results with it. Thanks!

P

Pain_Sama

suprafanatic;1150192 said:
what do you guys have agianst the 7m?

Maybe its the fact that EVERYONE that i know, which is about 25 people, who have MKIII supras have had rod knock at least once..

I personally have been through 4 7MS..

Jdmvigor has been through 7....

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Tire Shredder;1150196 said:
don't worry, they're not too smart ;)

:blah::blah::blah:
:biglaugh:
I am just saying on usable powerband. I think a well built 7m is a good idea, but a ls1 i could have had for the same money would have blown the doors off of my current car.

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
Mr.PFloyd;1150318 said:
:blah::blah::blah:
:biglaugh:
I am just saying on usable powerband. I think a well built 7m is a good idea, but a ls1 i could have had for the same money would have blown the doors off of my current car.

yup. lets not steal his thread lol

jdmvigor

Cressida
May 26, 2005
Houston
www.786motoring.com
racerxj220 on the board built his 7m...all out... got rod knock a week later..

i maxed out a credit card on a 7m... ARP hardware on everything... pistons... rods.. new everything.. got rod knock within 2 months.. .

yes we know how to build motors...

i dont think toyota did at the time of the 7M...

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Deja Vu more 7M hate I remember people doing the same in this thread http://www.houston240sx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29290&highlight=sr20

I may still be new to this but I've been around engines most of my life and all I have to say is if you rebuild a motor and get rod knock 2 months later someone fucked up somewhere during the rebuild. Plenty of guys here rebuilt their motors sucessfully not sure why you two are having so much trouble, and the JZ isn't the answer to all your problems.

~JDMMA70

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
jdmvigor;1150338 said:
racerxj220 on the board built his 7m...all out... got rod knock a week later..

i maxed out a credit card on a 7m... ARP hardware on everything... pistons... rods.. new everything.. got rod knock within 2 months.. .

yes we know how to build motors...

i dont think toyota did at the time of the 7M...

I don't give a DAMN how well you say you know how to "build motors".

Any toolbox can throw together a motor and consider it put together...But not if you don't have a licks clue with what you're doing.

I'm going to do my best here to try to keep my cool.
Afterall, we are a community (with dipshits or not).

I can't tell you HOW many times I've heard the,
"Well I put it together perfectly, and it blew up a week later" bullsh*t.

If a 7M is built properly (PLENTY of people out there to stand behind that)
, then explain to me how such a horrible motor can make so much power and last for so long? Get real.

Yes, I'm sure you spent thousands and thousands, and countless hours putting your motor together...only to discover after it's running, something is wrong. So what do you do? BLAME YOUR MOTOR.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing this excuse.
Give me a break, and a couple Tylenol, please.

For fucks sake, I don't even own a 7M anymore, yet I can still vouch for them.

And on that note, STOP CRUSHING THE OP's THREAD.
Do you honestly have intentions of posting in every 7M build thread just to belittle and run your internet mouth?

Seriously, get over it.

Jeff

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
Boost Lee;1150418 said:
I don't give a DAMN how well you say you know how to "build motors".

Any toolbox can throw together a motor and consider it put together...But not if you don't have a licks clue with what you're doing.

I'm going to do my best here to try to keep my cool.
Afterall, we are a community (with dipshits or not).

I can't tell you HOW many times I've heard the,
"Well I put it together perfectly, and it blew up a week later" bullsh*t.

If a 7M is built properly (PLENTY of people out there to stand behind that)
, then explain to me how such a horrible motor can make so much power and last for so long? Get real.

Yes, I'm sure you spent thousands and thousands, and countless hours putting your motor together...only to discover after it's running, something is wrong. So what do you do? BLAME YOUR MOTOR.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing this excuse.
Give me a break, and a couple Tylenol, please.

For fucks sake, I don't even own a 7M anymore, yet I can still vouch for them.

And on that note, STOP CRUSHING THE OP's THREAD.
Do you honestly have intentions of posting in every 7M build thread just to belittle and run your internet mouth?

Seriously, get over it.

Jeff

Bravo! Well said... I wanted to say the same thing but you sum it up better :)

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Just wanted to let you know that we just released the LIPP BOSS Jr. We just released it at SILV08 and the feedback at the show was really good. We did sell one out there and it went to Cal. and will be installed this weekend.
What we wanted to do with the Jr. is try save people the heartache and cost of rebuilding the CT-26. I know tons of you will now say your rebuild is boosting 15lbs and 2 years old and running strong.
The Jr is a lighter version of the original BOSS, 30+lbs of boost capable, direct bolt on......AND ALL NEW PARTS WITH WARRENTY!!!
BOSS Jr.

For those of you who are die hard Driftmotion or HPF guys...no problem, they will also be selling the Jr shortly

I think the cost to rebuild the ct is around $500
The cost of a Jr. is $975

The Jr will give you a 100 horsepower gain with the mods but can be bolted straight in with NO supporting mods!
lmk if you have any questions

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
suprafanatic;1150202 said:
:D thanks, i knew there had to be some support out there! lol... ya the lipp turbo's are amazing but are really expensive. So i guess thats where people stear away from them. But thats one of the main reasons i got one cause they are amazing turbo's and you dont see very many on the MK3s. They make some really good power, especialy on a built motor. I cant wait to see the results!

I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures this weekend as the work is going on, then post them up. :)

Who else on here has a Built 7m? I'd like to know your outcome/results with it. Thanks!

Our setups are damn near identical

Im running probes .020 over and w/ prepped rods w/ arps in the head and rods. Im using a hks hg instead of cometic, and also just a regular gte pump.My turbo is the equivalent to yours except its not a boss but one of jeff tamulis's setups, which has the boss hot side.Theres a few other small differences but thats about it for the most part

I wont get it on the rollers until the november meet, but i know @ 1bar it pulls crazy hard

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
This seems to be a sweet build, can't wait for finished result. Oh and I'm another supporter of the O'Mighty 7M. The motor's as reliable as you make it, people have bad experiences with them and then start to hate em'. Regardless, 7M FTMFW!