Project: Built 7M with lippboss turbo*PICS ADDED*3RD PAGE

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
well i cant take any pictures till tonight, im no where near my car or the shop where the work is taking place. sorry guys you'll have to wait for pics :p

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
ok sorry i forgot i did have some pictures of the motor already on my computer.. so here you go :)

p1151048_1.jpg

p1151048_2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

]
p1151048_3.jpg

p1151048_4.jpg

p1151048_5.jpg

^^^ picture during getting the head rebuilt[/QUOTE]

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
yep lots o pics tonight...
this needs to get runnin.... i cant be gettin lost again commin to pick ur but up :icon_bigg
im gona leave school here in a few...

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Good work so far, dont listen to the 7m haters.Most of the people ive met in person that love the 1jz and believe its indestructible are kids or dickheads with absolutley no idea (most fool themselves into believing they are credible mechanics because they read a few online articles)..
my 7m is 2 years old now and looks like lasting another 20.Dont skimp on the machinery work and the vital parts and also make sure you create a good oil pressure for the flat out runs, use your head and itll last.
Look forward to seeing your dyno figures.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
suprafanatic;1151048 said:
ok sorry i forgot i did have some pictures of the motor already on my computer.. so here you go :)

]
p1152264_1.jpg

^^^ picture during getting the head rebuilt
[/QUOTE]

Hey that motor looks just like...wait a min..... :squint:

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
haha. caleb didn't get very many pictures... i have somemore that i will be adding on here in a little while. so far the motor is running great though :) at first we had an oil leak, but it was just a block off plate that didn't get a gasket under it. As of now its not leaking at all.

ysn

Sep 19, 2008
rsa
hi, those mods sound like you are going to get some awesome power out, keep us posted, i have mk3 with a twin torbo 1gggte engine, i am replacing the head gasket again! but this time with a 1.6mm copper head gasket, what is a safe boost to run on this engine. engine is stock. thanks

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
jdmvigor;1149912 said:
knock knock...
whos there?
7m
7m who?
YOUR FUCKIN MOTOR BITCH!!!
do yourself, and your wallet, a favor and get a JZ..
apparently you haven't heard what happened to gixxer's jz motor last week. maybe you should ask suprahero about his jz on his way to texas this year.
Pain_Sama;1150314 said:
Maybe its the fact that EVERYONE that i know, which is about 25 people, who have MKIII supras have had rod knock at least once..

I personally have been through 4 7MS..

Jdmvigor has been through 7....
i'm willing to bet these motors failed due to their owners.:3d_frown:
jdmvigor;1150338 said:
racerxj220 on the board built his 7m...all out... got rod knock a week later..

i maxed out a credit card on a 7m... ARP hardware on everything... pistons... rods.. new everything.. got rod knock within 2 months.. .

yes we know how to build motors...

i dont think toyota did at the time of the 7M...
:icon_roll just because you can throw money at it doesn't make it reliable, you also need to know how to "build motors"
Boost Lee;1150418 said:
I don't give a DAMN how well you say you know how to "build motors".

Any toolbox can throw together a motor and consider it put together...But not if you don't have a licks clue with what you're doing.

I'm going to do my best here to try to keep my cool.
Afterall, we are a community (with dipshits or not).

I can't tell you HOW many times I've heard the,
"Well I put it together perfectly, and it blew up a week later" bullsh*t.

If a 7M is built properly (PLENTY of people out there to stand behind that)
, then explain to me how such a horrible motor can make so much power and last for so long? Get real.

Yes, I'm sure you spent thousands and thousands, and countless hours putting your motor together...only to discover after it's running, something is wrong. So what do you do? BLAME YOUR MOTOR.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing this excuse.
Give me a break, and a couple Tylenol, please.

For fucks sake, I don't even own a 7M anymore, yet I can still vouch for them.

And on that note, STOP CRUSHING THE OP's THREAD.
Do you honestly have intentions of posting in every 7M build thread just to belittle and run your internet mouth?

Seriously, get over it.

Jeff
:bowdown: well said jeff. i love my 7m, it's reliable and makes the power i expected it to make. :icon_razz

Nate, i'm glad you are getting to feel the power in your car that you have been waiting for. monitor the motor and don't let it or us down.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Boost Lee;1150418 said:
I don't give a DAMN how well you say you know how to "build motors".

Any toolbox can throw together a motor and consider it put together...But not if you don't have a licks clue with what you're doing.

I'm going to do my best here to try to keep my cool.
Afterall, we are a community (with dipshits or not).

I can't tell you HOW many times I've heard the,
"Well I put it together perfectly, and it blew up a week later" bullsh*t.

If a 7M is built properly (PLENTY of people out there to stand behind that)
, then explain to me how such a horrible motor can make so much power and last for so long? Get real.

Yes, I'm sure you spent thousands and thousands, and countless hours putting your motor together...only to discover after it's running, something is wrong. So what do you do? BLAME YOUR MOTOR.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing this excuse.
Give me a break, and a couple Tylenol, please.

For fucks sake, I don't even own a 7M anymore, yet I can still vouch for them.

And on that note, STOP CRUSHING THE OP's THREAD.
Do you honestly have intentions of posting in every 7M build thread just to belittle and run your internet mouth?

Seriously, get over it.

Jeff

Took the words right out of my mouth.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
thanks for the support guys.. sorry i havent gotten the pictures up yet. i've been really busy with school. i need to upload the pics to my computer

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Looking good. I just might get a LIPP also. Looking forward to the results. :)

Must you turds pollute a build thread, with 1JZ comments?

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Nick M;1154993 said:
Looking good. I just might get a LIPP also. Looking forward to the results. :)]

Nick, Just do it...And thank me later. :)
It's a very expensive turbo, but after having the opportunity to ride in one,
I now understand why. The way these things hit full boost remind me of something along the lines of a GT40, and it seems anything beyond 4500RPMS, just takes the car into what I like to think of as "crotch rocket" mode.

Absolutely insane. Makes me want a LippBoss for the 1.5JZ. :icon_bigg

Jeff

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
jdmvigor;1149912 said:
knock knock...

whos there?

7m

7m who?

YOUR FUCKIN MOTOR BITCH!!!

do yourself, and your wallet, a favor and get a JZ..

jdmvigor

I just gave you an infraction.... You spouting of your ignorant comment in someone elses build thread is absolute bullshit.

The rest.. Please stay on topic. No one here likes closing a build thread because it veered off course.

-Figgie