Project 2.5GT!

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Well after months of planning I finally have the green light to start my project, I finally was able to move into a house with a garage! The supra fit perfectly inside her new home as if it was made for her.

I got my motor threw Chris aka Jaguar, my budget is 5k and this will be a easy goal I am still going single I got my hands on a GT35 turbo but it is in need of rebuild, I already have my trans and clutch together along with new motor mounts.

This 1jz that I received was blessed bye the hands of the late Mike Urbano it was one of his first 1jz swaps so I am very proud to receive such a jewel.

The motor already has MKIV 440cc injectors along with an already extended wiring harness, but no bell housing and flywheel and a few other parts so I will be in search of ;).

My goal is to have this car finished and ready bye SILV07 in October, my budget is worked out so I will have all my parts bye September so if everything works out I shouldn't have a problem making this goal.

My mods for this project are the following
- GT35 garret turbo
- Custom oil lines
- 2jz map
- HKS SSQV BOV
- Full 3” exhaust W/ 4” Mugan racing medallion
- 3” RT down pipe W/ custom elbow with V-band
- (ForcedFab) 3 Row custom intercooler
- 2.75” custom hard piping
- ACT clutch
- Lightened flywheel
- MKIV 440 injectors
- Aeromotive FPR kit
- Walbro 255 fuel pump
- Cooleeze Upper radiator hard pipe

I will try to keep updating this thread as I make progress so wish me luck! Haha

Below are pictures of my car from past to present condition

862585_99_full.jpg

862585_65_full.jpg

862585_81_full.jpg

The way the engine bay looked before the motor was pulled
862585_86_full.jpg

the 1jz :-D
862585_88_full.jpg

her parked in her new home
862585_93_full.jpg

the engine bay as it sits now :'(
862585_95_full.jpg

Last edited:

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
lilazni3uoy said:
SWEET going to be in time for vegas, hopefully this time no oil will be leaking :naughty:, hope the project goes well!

Haha thanks bro yeah that sucked found out I blew the oil pump seal in the 7m during vegas, but this year you can count on no leaks!

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
sweet dude, looks like its gunna be a fun project!

were in AZ are you located b/c i would like to take a gander at it sometime?

trev

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
SuprA70 said:
That thing's going to be fun when it's done :evil2:

However... sorry to burst your bubble, but that motor isn't the original Urbano swapped 1JZ...

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45357&page=2

That particular motor had already swapped hands twice long before Jaguar even bought the car.

Huh so whos motor was it originally? And would you know any history about it?

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
Zerocool said:
Huh so whos motor was it originally? And would you know any history about it?

Mike U originally pulled the motor out and was doing a full upgrade/build on it. It was sold once finished, the motor rodknocked, was completely torn down again, and I ended up buying the bottom end and using it as a base for my rebuild. Other than that, this is the only info I have on it.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
SuprA70 said:
Mike U originally pulled the motor out and was doing a full upgrade/build on it. It was sold once finished, the motor rodknocked, was completely torn down again, and I ended up buying the bottom end and using it as a base for my rebuild. Other than that, this is the only info I have on it.

so the motor I have has a rebuild on it? I pulled the oil pan it was clean but i didnt think it had been rebuilt :)

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
SuprA70 said:
That thing's going to be fun when it's done :evil2:

However... sorry to burst your bubble, but that motor isn't the original Urbano swapped 1JZ...

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45357&page=2

That particular motor had already swapped hands twice long before Jaguar even bought the car.
I just found this out myself from Ray not too long ago. Oh well. Mike still did the swap and it's still SoCal Sexy!

Zerocool said:
so the motor I have has a rebuild on it? I pulled the oil pan it was clean but i didnt think it had been rebuilt :)
Mike pulled the original motor out to rebuild and dropped in a super low mileage motor for Aaron. Aaron tells me the motor has less than 40k on it!

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Okay so yesterday I ordered the bell housing so thats on its way, next on the list is motor mounts and flywheel, hopefully I can find a lightened flywheel for a little under $400 but Ill half to wait and see what comes up.

I cannot believe that this project is moving as fast as it is ...

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Okay a little update: I put the new bell housing on today and I ordered my sexy turbo manifold and also I should be getting my motor mounts soon thanks to Jose Valle. So far everything is going smooth but I fear I will not make my dead line due to financial issues but we will see when the time comes but I'm fighting to do what ever it takes to keep this project moving forward. Here are some pictures to entertain your selves with :)

862585_102_full.jpg

862585_103_full.jpg

862585_104_full.jpg