"Pre-89 Shine Air-guide" thread =0) NEED 25 COMMITTED BUYERS!

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
1. the t3d
2. Toink

START ADDING YOUR NAMES!!!!!!!! i'm NOT conforming to the 89+ front bumper conversion!!!

-t3d

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
the t3d;1520250 said:
START ADDING YOUR NAMES!!!!!!!! i'm NOT conforming to the 89+ front bumper conversion!!!

-t3d

If 25 people out of the thousands of pre89 owners in this forum don't sign up.../thread. LOL.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
LOL, 25 on the list isn't going to get them produced. 25 people that put down a deposit will get them produced. I'd say one out of four would actually come up with the money.... Remember we're talking about cheap ass mk3 owners.

89>88

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
kwnate;1520838 said:
LOL, 25 on the list isn't going to get them produced. 25 people that put down a deposit will get them produced. I'd say one out of four would actually come up with the money.... Remember we're talking about cheap ass mk3 owners.

89>88

always nice to have a positive post.

im willing to put down a deposit if shine starts a GB.

SUPERIUM

Low Postage Member
Nov 29, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Would I buy one? Yes! Do I really want to put a down payment and wait for 24 other members to put down money and then who knows how many more months to have a finished product? Not really. Shine should just step up and produce them since they are not going to lose money if they all dont sell on the first day. Its not like its a hood where people are not willing to pay large shipping costs and so on.

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
kwnate;1520838 said:

89>88

Put me down, and I'm not a cheap ass MK3 owner.......I believe in..... you gotta pay a premium for a quality part.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
SUPERIUM;1520899 said:
Would I buy one? Yes! Do I really want to put a down payment and wait for 24 other members to put down money and then who knows how many more months to have a finished product? Not really. Shine should just step up and produce them since they are not going to lose money if they all dont sell on the first day. Its not like its a hood where people are not willing to pay large shipping costs and so on.

25 payments in full before production begins.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
the t3d;1520955 said:
that's rediculous. how much does it cost to start and develop ONE of these?

Ridiculous? no not really this is how I work, if people really want the part they'll be happy to pay up front, only proviso on this is that the parts are finished and delivered in a reasonable amount of time.

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
well, yea i just don't want to throw down $125...wait for 24 MORE people to pay in full, and THEN wait for production AND shipping. i mean that's RIDICULOUS =0)

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
the t3d;1520966 said:
well, yea i just don't want to throw down $125...wait for 24 MORE people to pay in full, and THEN wait for production AND shipping. i mean that's RIDICULOUS =0)

Allow me to put things into perspective.

When I first started buying aero parts, before Shine's existence, I would have to buy from a retailer here in the U.S that would order from Japan. I would pay the store in full and wait for the part to be delivered. I remember buying my authentic Greddy bumper. I paid $700 up front. At first, I was told that the bumper would take 4 weeks to arrive. 4 weeks turned into 8 weeks. 8 weeks turned into 12 weeks and so on...I ended up waiting for 6 months altogether. I went through the same process when I bought my Bomex parts (whale tail, side skirts, rear add-ons).

One more example: I just paid $80 to get into the speaker pod group buy. ETA for the part is unknown.

The point that I'm making is that you gotta pay to play then wait.

BTW, this is the way I do group buys:

1. I create a group buy list.
2. The only buyers that go on this list are "committed"
3. Once the list has reached the required amount of committed buyers, I ask for all payments to be sent.
4. Once all the payments have been received, then the manufacturing process for the mold begins.
5. The order of who receives their part first is according to the order payments received. So if you pay first, then you get your part first. If you pay last, then you get your part last. Shine delivery on group buys have always been "reasonable"

Last edited: