Power mirror switchs, what years work in what supras

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Alright here I have now bought 3 power mirror switchs and none of them are correct. I have been trying to find one for a Late 89 supra with a MDF of 04-89. I have tryed a 87, 88 and a 92 switch. None work for my supra. Dose any one know what year if anything other than a late 89 switch that will work
(or even if another 89 switch will even work, lol). If you can post your resource and a part number also that would be sweet. Pics are always great too.

Here is a pic of the switchs out of a 87 and a 92 that dose not work. The # on the switch is 057-4A60 on one, 057-4R69 is on the other.
p1357272_1.jpg

Here is the pic of my harness in my 89
p1357272_2.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
supra90turbo;1357282 said:
they look the same to me?
what is the problem? it won't plug in or it just won't work when plugged in?

Yep they look the same because they are pretty much the same if you ask me just the #'s are different. (hints why I need one because they dont work) It will plug in but the pin out on the switch is wrong, plus there is 2 extra prongs on the switch that done have a home. Look at the two pics and count ;)

When you plug it in and try to use it will pop the radio fuse. The other switch I took apart to look around in it and sure shit the 12V going into it (according to 1989 TEWD) is going to the wrong spot.

ValgeKotkas;1357286 said:
I put one from a 90 or 91 in my pre 89. Everything works well.
Good to hear. But I have a late 89, lol

Back to the question at hand

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I don't think it is the switch which is the problem.

But anyway. The number on my switch is 101-2K22 and it is from a 92 supra.

I bought JDM folding mirrors and used the switch from the JZA70 and it worked fine.

There are one or two extra prongs on the switch. The JZA70 has one more button for the folding function. That one takes up the extra prong.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well they used to work just fine until I replaced the switch with one that still had writing on them. Now that I can power everything up and drive around the new to this car switchs dont work unless you feel like blowing the radio fuse(that is all there good for LOL). I ohm out the wires and all check out. No short to ground and no continuity between any wires.

I will go and try to move the mirrors by "hot wiring" the wires in the harness and see what happens.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well it IS the switch because I can "hot wire" with 2 paper clips and move the mirrors. Yes it is the switch that is wrong, & no this isn't any JDM mirror or crap like that.

SO ONCE AGAIN BACK TO THE QUESTION AT HAND!!!. If you don't know, don't post just to get your post count up :nono: Sorry dont mean to come across as a ass......but come on people..

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
So measure out your switch and see what it does. That can't be so hard. Maybe some of the pins in the harness plug have been swapped around. Or you can swap them around so they'll fit with your switch.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Why swap the pins on the harness when I can buy or get the correct switch. Yes I thought of that, but that is the last resort. And no I dont think the pis have been played with since they used to work with the orginal switch that came with the car that is now long gone.

EDIT: Just check my harness with the 1989 TEWD and the wire color and spot on the harness conector is correct.

But +1 for a good, worth wile post!!!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
The one in the pic above looks correct. Then I guess some people don't know what they are selling if that one is out of a 92. Mine is wrong ..............

Kristian_Wraae;1357507 said:
Have you checked that the wires on the plug are correct as pr. the TEWD ? Also an easy task to do.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=088

92nsx;1357504 said:
Just check my harness with the 1989 TEWD and the wire color and spot on the harness conector is correct.

:ROFL::ROFL:ROFL: What do you think..............

Plus I dont have to use the online one ;)
p1357796_1.jpg

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
92nsx;1357796 said:
The one in the pic above looks correct. Then I guess some people don't know what they are selling if that one is out of a 92. Mine is wrong ..............

:ROFL::ROFL:ROFL: What do you think..............

Plus I dont have to use the online one ;)
p1357801_1.jpg

I meant checked that they actually did what they were supposed to do. Wires could have been switched in other places.

The one I posted a picture of is out of my 92 Supra. I now have one from a JZA70 with the folding option and that one works perfect too in my 92 car.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Kristian_Wraae;1357801 said:
I meant checked that they actually did what they were supposed to do. Wires could have been switched in other places

The one I posted a picture of is out of my 92 Supra. I now have one from a JZA70 with the folding option and that one works perfect too in my 92 car.
Yes I did, how do you think I moved the mirrors "hot wiring" then with 2 paper clips ahd the TEWD??? The harness is not the problem, the problem is I have the wrong switch and some people need to sell what they are saying the are. I just have to find another correct switch. Any one need one for a 87 or 88? If so send me a PM, and once can be yours for $14 ;)