Post your Pre-89 bumper thread

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
My turn. Beautiful cars guys. BorHor neat pics.

Will someone please inform me if you are in northern california? Its lonely not having fellow supramania friends up here to have meets. :p

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Easier to lose traction on the SE's because they were all seasons. But it was much easier to control my slides on the 18's mainly because of the stiffer side wall.

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
BorHor;1026705 said:
Easier to lose traction on the SE's because they were all seasons. But it was much easier to control my slides on the 18's mainly because of the stiffer side wall.

Thats what i was thinking... I run the N/A 16's and love the way they break loose!!!

When i ran the 18's (RX8 wheels) I didnt have as much control of my slide because the rims aren't as wide!!!

Tires make a huge difference!!! Did you run into any understeer???

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I ran in to under steer when I put the 18's on. That is mainly because my rears were stickier then the fronts. So next time I am going to try and get a better pair of tires up front and around a 225 in the rear.

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
BorHor;1027036 said:
I ran in to under steer when I put the 18's on. That is mainly because my rears were stickier then the fronts. So next time I am going to try and get a better pair of tires up front and around a 225 in the rear.

Good thinkin.... I ran a set of Azenis up front on my FC and they turn so sticky when they heat up!!!

It sounded like i was driving on wet asphalt.... Supper sticky and hard sidewals so no tire rollover... Not that you would worry about that with your lo pro's!!!

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County

great car man!

In response to a post about it and my own personal curiosity, here's what (y)our pre 89's would look like with the covers and smaller corners. I'm thinkin replacing the stock corners with 89+ corners and these lights would be even more slick...

oh and a hint, permanent markers work well to cover up the white plastic of the license plate screw holes ;) i'd suggest touchup paint but marker is easier and if you install your plate it will just rub the paint off again.

on a separate note, can someone give me a front shot at close to or the same perspective as this photo, but of a 89+ front lip? I want to do some tweaking with photoshop....thanks to anyone who can.

enjoy..
sm_photo_missing.jpg