post pictures of your exhaust!!!!!!!!!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
sounds GREAT, I have yet to really get it on the highway as of yet though.

I have a cheap DDP that is making the exhaust not fit quite right (no fault of RR), not to mention the DDP leaks and is loud.

I'll be buying one of RR's Rerouted DDP's in the near future to ge this car back into the luxury GT car it's supposed to be.

Who

Supramania Contributor
Poodles;1030290 said:
sounds GREAT, I have yet to really get it on the highway as of yet though.

Eager to hear your highway report concerning drone noise and how much louder it is than stock.

How was the fit under the car. It looks good doesn't seem to hang to low. Am I right?

Are those the 3 inch tips or the 3.5 inch tips?

You certainly went all out. Stainless, powder coated muffler, and a metal core cat, your wallet is certainly lighter now. Congrats on the stock look.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Oh hell yes, it wasn't cheap, but it looks great. It fits very tight under the car, and I doubt I'll ever scrape it at stock ride height...

I've never had a "stock" exhaust. The old exhaust was someone cutting the stock one right before the resonator, putting mild steel piping (and mating it to the existing piping at an angle, fantastic for flow), all the way back to a glasspack for a muffler. When I bought it it had the twin ricer turnups, but I hacked em off.

The drone is VERY minor compared to the old one that would give me a headache after a long road trip. The added bonus in power sure pissed off a few guys tonight :evil2:

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Update:

Apexi World Sport II

Supra&

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Poodles;1030259 said:
[thumb]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p57/viru52000/build%20thread/100_0476.jpg[/thumb]

That looks real nice. Any pics from further back at eye level?

IMO it would look slightly better if the muffler itself hung a tad bit lower and not right on the bumper, but otherwise, if I were to route my exhaust all the way to the back, thats definitely the look I'd aim for.

Here's what I used to have before I sold it because it was ugly:
p1034190_1.jpg

I really like the pic though and had it on my desktop for a long time.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Poodles;1034336 said:
I'm not a huge fan of the rice cannon out the back...

It doesn't seem to look right on our cars compared to the MKIVs...
I'd agree, I'm replacing my muffler, but keeping the piping. Mine goes like this. Stock Elbow > HKS DP > 3" piping (no cat) > Megan Muffler. Stock Elbow and HKS DP are getting replaced with a BIC Rerouted DDP. Megan Muffler will be replaced with something, I just don't know yet.

p1034462_1.jpg

OLDER PICS TO SHOW THE PIPING
p1034462_2.jpg

p1034462_3.jpg

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Poodles;1034336 said:

I agree on the one hand.. But, my Nur Spec fits the car very well being that I purposely hacked the piping to angle it and get it to hug the body more.

IMO, the problem with the MK3 is that the can style mufflers tend to only look great with a kit of some sort. the body is just too bare.. the mk4 gets away with it more in stock form because its stock pieces are already in sort of a streamline kit design of sorts. at least thats how I feel..

Nocheez

Probably posts too much
Apr 17, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Here's some really old pictures of my exhaust, but it hasn't changed since we built it.
Becauseican DP (old style) -> 3" high-flow cat -> Borla straight-through muffler.

ex1.jpg

ex2.jpg

ex3.jpg

ex4.jpg

ex5.jpg

edit: wow, so much has changed since then! Repaint, 2 transmissions (another auto, now a 5-speed), new wheels and tires.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Poodles;1034336 said:

Thats exactly why my car does not have anything but a downpipe for now. It looked gay as shit. What I'm going to do is buy a resonator and the biggest Magnaflow oval muffler they make in 3" and a pipe to turn it off and down to the side. IMO the best looking exhaust setup on the MkIII is invisible. That being said, yours is definitely a close second, and one day I'd REALLY like to try the side exhaust Mustang idea with one of these:

SM01-4700-LH_400.jpg

AS_supra

Apr 22, 2008
cali
heres my share of the exhaust on my old supra....jic titanium exhaust with custom 4 inch downpipe straight (no cat and no resonator) from ct-26-rebuild 60-1!!!

p1036075_1.jpg

SupraBlur

Nov 16, 2006
Hollywood, CA
Poodles;1034336 said:
p1036181_1.jpg

In that instance, I think the problem is more the distance the can is away from the car (looks like almost 6" back!). I actually have 2 rice cannons with 3.5" tips and a lot of people think it looks stock as they are tucked in neatly into the body. It's all in the positioning.

rearcorner2_ms.jpg

-Ray

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Orion ZyGarian;1034667 said:
Thats exactly why my car does not have anything but a downpipe for now. It looked gay as shit. What I'm going to do is buy a resonator and the biggest Magnaflow oval muffler they make in 3" and a pipe to turn it off and down to the side. IMO the best looking exhaust setup on the MkIII is invisible. That being said, yours is definitely a close second, and one day I'd REALLY like to try the side exhaust Mustang idea with one of these:

i defintaley agree about the "hidden" exhaust... i've been debating the whole running the muffler to the back... i think im just going to get a 3'' cat, and weld a muffler to the cat, and then my 3'' turn down tip to that muffler, so that way it will have some muffling... haha

and it would be hidden for the most part!

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
SupraBlur;1036181 said:
In that instance, I think the problem is more the distance the can is away from the car (looks like almost 6" back!). I actually have 2 rice cannons with 3.5" tips and a lot of people think it looks stock as they are tucked in neatly into the body. It's all in the positioning.

rearcorner2_ms.jpg

-Ray

I have to say, yours looks exceptionally well done. If mine had been tucked nicely and not angled, I wouldntve hated it like I do. Alas, now that I am certain that the best exhaust is an invisible one, I cannot truly embrace how nice your exhaust looks

Regardless, I really, really like it a lot.

As for my previous exhaust, no..it stuck out from the car no more than 3-4". You are right though, proper placement is what it is all about, which IMO cant be done with a single fart cannon like mine.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yes, that looks good as it's a twin tip and doesn't look like all the fartcans I see daily.

The only issue I've seen with having exhausts in places other than the stock spot is the notch in the rear bumper for the muffler. Get rid of that somehow and it might look OK...

If the rice cannon is too small, it looks dorky, if it's large enough to fill that area properly, it looks too big. The Tanabe exhaust with the single tip but oval muffler looks odd as well.

Mine's not perfect to my tastes either, it could be a tad bit lower and a bit farther back. I'll adjust it once I replace the DP...