Post pics of your HU

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA

Not a close-up, but it's an old Alpine,maybe 2 or 3 years old. I got it for free, my friend got a bike and gave his car to his brother, I traded him a gold oil cap from my bike and he gave me the headunit, and 20 bucks:icon_bigg

N

NDBoost

MassSupra89 said:

Not a close-up, but it's an old Alpine,maybe 2 or 3 years old. I got it for free, my friend got a bike and gave his car to his brother, I traded him a gold oil cap from my bike and he gave me the headunit, and 20 bucks:icon_bigg
that is a clean install of that HU what where and how did you do that

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
ND I bought an install kit at Wal-mart with the plug and play harness for a total of like 18 bucks, We ripped the HU out of my friends Mountainer breaking numerous tabs on it, and the kit comes with 2 side pieces that screw onto the HU, they slide into the stock brackets holding the OE radio. Same with the pocket underneath, it just squeezes inbetween the brackets.

I had my dash and everything out yesterday doing my tranny fluid I should have taken pictures. I will for you when I get back from work if you want.

N

NDBoost

interesting so you went to the wal-mart and got a specific dash kit for our supras? Or was it a universal, the guys at best buy told me there is no such kit for our cars and i would have to use my stock brackets and some shitty universal kit.. i was like wtf?

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
DSC_8146.jpg

Kenwood MP-228
Shipped with install kit and pocket for $162

I had a jvc unit that was black and looked a lot better but didn't work nearly as well

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
2123627_13_full.jpg

Some pioneer deck. i got it for 100 cdn. install it was a bunch of stuff i had lying around :D. i had to hack the wiriing though. it was a lot noewer then my previous one. Oh and this has MP3 cds. best invention ever.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
NDBoost said:
interesting so you went to the wal-mart and got a specific dash kit for our supras? Or was it a universal, the guys at best buy told me there is no such kit for our cars and i would have to use my stock brackets and some shitty universal kit.. i was like wtf?

It was a universal for most 80's/90's Nissans/Toyota's/and some other imports, worked pretty good, with some squeezing it went in no problem

I love the old HU it's almost the exact color of our stock gauges but alittle brighter. I'm not too heavily into audio with this car so it does what I need it to do. I was gonna go with a 7" touch screen flip up screen... but I realized I'd rather spend the $900+ elsewhere.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Alpine HU, pretty basic. Doesnt even play MP3 CDs, but ive got an ipod w/ itrip that takes care of that.

jdmtems15ns.jpg

Illumination. Like someone said, Alpine colors are pretty close to stock illumination color.
dscf06997xc.jpg

It gets the job done i guess.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
:love: those blue gauge faces :)
I've got an alpine cda-9830, but Im too damn lazy to put it in. Besides, my supra doesn't even run yet :p. I think I'm gonna sell my CDA with my truck and buy a double din touchscreen to fill up the whole opening in the supra :)