poly subframe bushings kit

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The main advantage of poly for the rack bushings is the fact they're not affected by oil and grease. Get a car with an oil leak (in other words, all of them if they're this old and bought secondhand) and the bushings are just falling apart usually.

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
Ronnie do you offer all of your bushes in the hardest black compound? I have energy suspension bushes in my control arms which are black but I'm not sure what they are rated at. I'm sure someone can chime in...?

ronniek

Authorized Vendor
May 2, 2005
auckland
spiller;1823538 said:
Ronnie do you offer all of your bushes in the hardest black compound? I have energy suspension bushes in my control arms which are black but I'm not sure what they are rated at. I'm sure someone can chime in...?

I did make my bushes years ago for one customer in black.
Yes,Poly does last longer and able to withstand oil and grease better.
I had my poly bushes for years in my supra and still in good condition.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
spiller;1823538 said:
Reading on them, they say that in the case of E.S., the two colors are just for personal preference, and don't reflect a difference in hardness.
One thing I didn't know, though, was that E.S. generally always impregnates their black poly parts with graphite to for self-lubrication. Had I known this, I
would have gotten all my bushings in black instead of red. If anyone has the black suspension kit, maybe they can confirm that it is indeed graphite impregnated.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
supraguy@aol;1823650 said:
Reading on them, they say that in the case of E.S., the two colors are just for personal preference, and don't reflect a difference in hardness.
One thing I didn't know, though, was that E.S. generally always impregnates their black poly parts with graphite to for self-lubrication. Had I known this, I
would have gotten all my bushings in black instead of red. If anyone has the black suspension kit, maybe they can confirm that it is indeed graphite impregnated.

they are.. I have them and noticed as soon as I opened the box (been a few years now).

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
lol, figured you understood the Q, and also figured id have no way of telling due to my very limited understanding of poly bushes.

Ronnie, do the subframe bushes require any lubricant, and is it extra to make them in the black density?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Only some of ES's black bushings have graphite in them. There is another company that does that to all their stuff, but I can't remember their name (and they don't make parts for our cars).

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Graphite lubed bushings sound like they'd be nice... but we're talking about suspension bushings at this point aren't we?

ronniek

Authorized Vendor
May 2, 2005
auckland
spiller;1824477 said:
lol, figured you understood the Q, and also figured id have no way of telling due to my very limited understanding of poly bushes.

Ronnie, do the subframe bushes require any lubricant, and is it extra to make them in the black density?

No extra charge to make stuff in black.My bushings do not graphite in them.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
So, would it be recommended to grease these subframe bushings during installation, or will they be quiet and durable without?