PLEASE READ: One of our Supra Brothers has fallen (Gage, lowbudgettarga)

lazarous

Walking Dead......
Jun 1, 2005
Portland, Oregon
damn I wish that I would have had more time so i could have met the guy, sadly I have only known him by his posts and sig. He was a rare kind of person and I will miss him. I am about 5 hours away here in Portland, and would love to go up there and help you finish out the work on his Supra. Anything you need i am man, i am here. Is there anything going to be done this weekend to honor him within the community?

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
theWeezL said:
Whats amazing to me is that November had been a terribly hard month for me. One year ago my wife walked out on our marriage. Im still coming to terms with that. This January will mark one year sober for me as well. Having heard this news and reading all the responces in a strange way healed me just a bit.

I also thank the fates for turning life in such a way that lead me to buy a supra and find this forum and become a part of something that is dear to me.

I will be reflecting alot this weekend. Ive decided to take an overnight to the coast as it has always been a place that helps me clear my mind. There is something primal and peaceful about the ocean. I will carve Gages name in the sand cliff and date it. It should last until the next big storm once again reclaims it. That will be my way to honor a lost family member.
That's pretty cool Weezl. That's a nice memorial for him. Congratulations on your one year birthday !

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
How was the service? Was it beautiful? Im sure it was... Did you let his family know we are all praying for him and them, please, let them know that there are so many people that have their son in our prayers...

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
I just got back from the service. Jason did a great job (and Gage's parents) of organizing this. The place was so filled up that they had about 100 people outside that couldn't fit in the place so they opened up the bay doors. The place was not a funeral home but an open place with lots of sunlight and simple to keep things bright. (I think like Gage would have wanted it)

What I like about the way they did it was they celebrated the way he lived life to the fullest! He was a really cool guy and I learned more of how he was around other people besides me. They had a video made for him and friends, Supras, and just having good old fun.

Thanks for the time I got to meet you Gage and RIP brother and keep on boostin :)

Duane

Last edited:

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
lazarous said:
Is there anything going to be done this weekend to honor him within the community?

i have an idea for a decal that i would go on our cars somewhere. Im no good with computers, so ill draw it out and take a picture of it

Edit: something like this is what i was thinking
p447760_1.jpg

obviously id want someone to make it look good, center everything and put some letters in that dont look like chicken scratch. Maybe put his middle inital "W" infront of "Yates" to balance it out? Just a thought

Last edited:

87_7MGTE

SOLD :(
Mar 30, 2005
Bellingham, WA
Thanks everyone for the kind messages. I told his parents about the threads going on on the boards, and they were so delighted to hear. The service was so wonderful. Like Duane said, there were tons of people there (265 signed the guestbook, and Im sure not everyone signed it).

I enjoyed meeting up with all the Supra people again today. Next time we meet up, it will be a lot happier.

Jayhall, we are making stickers up, I will try to get a pic soon of what were are going to do. We already have the design made up, and Ill explain the significance of it later when I post that up.

Thanks Jake for praying so hard. We all hear and feel your prayers here. And thanks to everyone else too, everyones words are so deeply appreciated. I will be directing his parents to this thread in the next day or so.

I also did a RIP/victory brakestand yesterday for Gage. We got some of it on video Ive heard, so Ill post that tomorrow if anyone is interested.

I will see you all soon. Thank you for your thoughts and your prayers.

Ill post later,
Jason

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
87_7MGTE said:
Thanks everyone for the kind messages. I told his parents about the threads going on on the boards, and they were so delighted to hear. The service was so wonderful. Like Duane said, there were tons of people there (265 signed the guestbook, and Im sure not everyone signed it).

I enjoyed meeting up with all the Supra people again today. Next time we meet up, it will be a lot happier.

Jayhall, we are making stickers up, I will try to get a pic soon of what were are going to do. We already have the design made up, and Ill explain the significance of it later when I post that up.

Thanks Jake for praying so hard. We all hear and feel your prayers here. And thanks to everyone else too, everyones words are so deeply appreciated. I will be directing his parents to this thread in the next day or so.

I also did a RIP/victory brakestand yesterday for Gage. We got some of it on video Ive heard, so Ill post that tomorrow if anyone is interested.

I will see you all soon. Thank you for your thoughts and your prayers.

Ill post later,
Jason
Get a picture of the tattoo's as well buddy.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Should have Pimptrizkit do a burn out for him...if youve seen his burnouts you would know why.

I dont know why this young mans death has been so important to me, I never even met the guy. But for some reason I think if we had we would have been friends.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
:sadwavey: Well thats just unfortunate. Its too bad that someone so young would pass on like this. My condolences for his family & close friends. :sadwavey:

Jayhall

May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
when my car is on the back on the road, you can expect a spectacular burnout from me in Gage's honour. When ever the stickers are ready let me know and ill send you money for them

Jayhall

May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
87_7MGTE said:
yeah i couldnt do a huge burnout because they are pretty new tires.

thats what i thought, ive got old ones on my car right now, aslong as ive got new ones by spring, ill try to blow these ones off the rim

lowbudgettarga

supra and I - Broke
Apr 2, 2005
Bellingham, WA
87_7MGTE said:
yeah i couldnt do a huge burnout because they are pretty new tires.

I am Gage’s father. His mother (Leslie) and I want to say thank you to the many kind folks on this site. Gage’s friend and roommate 87_7MGTE (Jason) led us here so we could see the comments.

We are truly touched by the kind words, thoughts, prayers and actions. We started to read these threads shortly after Gage-O left us, and they warmed our hearts and gave us some much needed comfort during those dark hours.

While risking unintentionally omitting some (our apologies), I wanted to say thanks to a few. The gestures were especially touching because we know most of you didn’t personally know Gage.
Duane, a.k.a.upgradedsupra, was kind enough to drive from Canada to attend the services. We appreciate the support and it was very nice to meet you. We know other Supramania members attended, we’re sorry we did not have the opportunity to meet you.
theWeezL carved Gage’s name in a cliff, and it made us smile because Leslie and I took Gage to a similar place (the Cove Road in Bellingham, on Chuckanut Drive) the day after he was born, and many times since then. We always had a great time there, so thank you!
Reign_Maker, it appears you may be the administrator of the site and I appreciate the kind thoughts you’ve posted as well as the protective stance you’ve taken regarding Gage’s death. As parents, we appreciate your actions.
Finnon, thanks for the note. I’m sure Gage-O was there watching over you and your car. We lived in Woodbridge, Suffolk, U.K. when he was little, and it was always our plan to return to visit. I wish you two could’ve met. Cheers mate.
americanjebus, thanks for taking the time to search your pics and post pictures of Gage. Since he is no longer with us, we value each and every chance we have to see him enjoying life.

Leslie and I have now seen 19 friends and family tattooed with Gage’s nautical star. Perhaps Jason 87_7MGTE will post some of them later. It was a real tribute and honor to Gage and Leslie and I are constantly overwhelmed by the love his friends have shown.

The service was great, and there was an estimated 320 – 340 friends and family in attendance. It was a wonderful feeling to know that Gage had touched so many people within our community. It was a true celebration of his life.

After the service, a few folks did burnouts in Gage’s memory.
Ashton, thanks for trying the burnout. It’s the thought that counts, we love you too! Good luck with your grappling tournament. Let me know if you need any pressure point techniques, just don’t let the referees see!
87_7MGTE, a.k.a. Jason, you did a great job of burning through the entire top layer of payment. Nicely done.
Alex, the van burnout was great. It really made us smile because the camper van thing was just so different. We loved it!
Marcus. As a fellow Toyota truck driver, you did the truck proud.

As his parents, we cannot begin to describe the anguish and void we feel in our lives without Gage. Conversely, we also consider ourselves the luckiest parents in the world. Gage always gave us such true love and joy, that we sincerely hope you kind people find the same in your lives. We always encouraged Gage to live life and have fun and we now know he did.

Regrettably, Leslie and I were in the middle of moving to Orange Texas (about 100 miles east of Houston) and we finally flew home last night. We hate leaving Gage’s friends, as they are more like family now and we are concerned for their well-being. Please continue to pray for them also.

Finally, Jason / 87_7MGTE, I wanted to let you know that we were always proud of Gage in a way that I can likely never fully explain. He was our son, but he was also a friend - especially as he grew older. However, I want you to know that I am proud of you too. You have seen and done things that no one, especially no one so young, should ever have to experience. Yet, since I was not there when Gage left us, I cannot think of a better man than you to have provided him such love and comfort until the paramedics arrived. You have shown much strength during this difficult time and have matured beyond your years. For that, Leslie and I are forever grateful and we will never forget it. Call us anytime, please remember that.

Gage-O, we love you.
Ma & Pa

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
Sorry I'm so late onto this thread guys, this is terrible news. I'll miss seeing that sig all the time, he was definatly a great part of the forum.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Mr and Mrs Yates, as has become fairly obvious by the posts, we here at Supramania are sorry for your loss. It should also be obvious that those here that knew your son have nothing but respect and love for him. Some of us that didnt know him were never the less affected by his passing.

Im unsure of your faith but let me just say that I believe that the physical bounds of this life are not all there is to us. You son will always exist in your hearts and he will be waiting on the other side for you.

One of my favorite quotes is this:

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
and danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
of sun-split clouds and done a hundred things
you have not dreamed of wheeled and soared and swung
high in the sunlit silence. Hovering there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
my eager craft through footless halls of air.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue
I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
where never lark, or even eagle flew
and, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
the high untrespassed sanctity of space,
put out my hand, and touched the face of God.
- John Gillespie Magee Jr.

Respectfully, Pete AKA theWeezL