Please.....help...

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
Ok. So here is what I did. I went out, and tried to start it one last time, just to coherently attempt to understand the noise. So, i had to say it also sounds like something is very ...bad. I don't know if it is rod knock, but it sounds like something is slapping around....And I pulled the oil cap off, and looked right in there The cam lobe was still nice and shiny, but in the small lip under the cap, in the oil, it looked like gold flakes.... Again, sorry I have no camera....I'm kinda poor. I only have these cars in the first place cuz my girlfirend loves me....

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Also, the greddy profec boost controller, it was rigged to a little red button, and when said button is depressed, it ups the boost by...a bit. like...8 pounds i think the original owner had said? Anyway, said button is STUCK in the on position. My brother hammered the holy shit out of it seems....

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
Can I safely get away with just replacing the bearings? or do I need to rebuild the whole motor? Is the head ok? I do not know what ruined bearings will do...Just know that it isn't good.

Aug 12, 2010
P.G. County, Maryland
1) You have spun bearings
2) That red button is called "Scramble boost"
3) Your girlfriend is awesome
4) Your brother owes you a bottom end
5) Pull block/drop oil pan/have crank machined/check bearing clearances/run thicker bearings, and never rev past 6k/make sure you always have oil.

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
Hell yes my girlfriend is awesome. And my brother Has no way whatsoever to pay for this....Do you think a shop could do this, safely, with the mods done on the engine, without possibly creating more damage?

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Yes there is oil in the car. It is pretty low, which is a new development. There was ample oil in the car today. It wasn't low before he took off with it. But now the dipstick reads pretty low, and it is shiny.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
bioskyline;1660130 said:
oil pump. the strainer isnt fine enough to filter it out. my 5m had same thing happen to it.

Still doesn't explain how it got up under the oil cap....
Oil Pump>FILTER>rest of engine.... :nono:

Seriously guys THINK before you post BS...

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM
What would really help if we could get your ID 10-T readout. Stands for Integrated Diagnostics 10 generation for Toyota if you didn't know already.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
IJ.;1660134 said:
Still doesn't explain how it got up under the oil cap....
Oil Pump>FILTER>rest of engine.... :nono:

Seriously guys THINK before you post BS...

dont ask how it gets past. might be due to the fact the most filters are a paper/cloth element, the high pressure metal filings probably has the same effect as sandblasting. it must get past casue they sell magnet attachments for oil filters to keep the metal bits in the filters.

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
You know what guys fuck you.I have no reason to make this shit up. And I am sorry I am not around a camera for your viewing pleasure. but if you aren't going to be helpful then dont waste my time or yours. so piss off.