PCV system/ explanation and mod

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
And here's an interesting thing I found while playing with Decel cut in the MoTeC with thin rings it would flutter badly enough to burn 1 Qt of Oil in 600 Km's :aigo:

Shutting the fuel off removed ALL of the combustion pressure above the rings and caused massive blowby and oil consumption.

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Thanks Nick. I don't recall the site that I read that info on.
I would like to find out from a BMW owner that has this pump, how it works in it's intended state.
My BMW does not have one.

90T04;1322757 said:
I plan on using that same electric pump.
Here is a link to a previous thread

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76560

That's crazy, I never saw that thread! Looks like both of our research lead us to the same point. I would like to find a "soft start" for it, like you said, it pulls crazy amps on start up, then drops off.

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
I'm sorry to wake this thread up, but I don't think there is a need for a new thread.

I have pretty much the same setup as IJ., I'm still using the stoch pipe over the valve covers. I also have a PCV on line which is going but my concern with this is that air is still able to go from the inlet of the turbo, over the ports on the covers and then into the intake manifold. Meaning that this will be the minimum amount of air to use under idle.
If I would put another PCV on the line between turbo inlet and the covers then this setup won't affect my idle.

But are there any possible downsides to adding a second PCV?