Passed a State Policeman :)

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
Riding to work the other day in the Soup...come up behind a State Policeman following a really slow CRV. I follow him for about 2 miles going 40 in a 55...and finally I'm like...this is BS :: angry ::

So I say screw it....there is a 3/4 mile passing zone coming up...I pop out of o/d...spool up the turbo...and pass the both of them (making sure I'm only going 65). I finish passing, and the next thing I know...the cop comes flying around the CRV as well...and I'm like...oh...guess I'm getting pulled over...

Instead...the cop has a big grin on his face...and follows me at 64 in a 55 for another 10 miles before turning off.

I think I peed a little...but then I was left with a great feeling inside...I passed a State Cop. :naughty:

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
I'm in the process of becoming a Police officer myself, and my entire family has pretty much been in the law enforcement field. So I've been around it my whole life and you'd be surprised at how many cops are car guys/girls just like us. Especially for a car as rare and unique as a supra. And as long as your not doing something retarded on the road they get enjoyment from checking out cool cars as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the cop wasn't waiting and hoping for you to pass so he could get a better look at your supra, I know I would have ;)

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
suprafanatic;1760209 said:
I'm in the process of becoming a Police officer myself, and my entire family has pretty much been in the law enforcement field. So I've been around it my whole life and you'd be surprised at how many cops are car guys/girls just like us. Especially for a car as rare and unique as a supra. And as long as your not doing something retarded on the road they get enjoyment from checking out cool cars as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the cop wasn't waiting and hoping for you to pass so he could get a better look at your supra, I know I would have ;)

I know a couple of cool cops as well...I've come to realize that they are people like the rest of us. Which means some are car guys...and others get on a power trip (I've delt with a couple of these before). To me, it's a gamble with police...which is why 99% of the time, I'm a pretty conservative driver, and don't have a record.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
No, your absolutely correct. Some cops are on a power trip and don't care about anything except putting everyone else in their place. Typically, those cops were bullied in their younger years, so they grew up to take a position of control over others for once. Then you have people like me, looking for a good stable career and wanting to keep the peace :) However, we all need to keep it safe on the streets and not be dumb.. not just because of cops, but for everyone's well being. And I am in NO way saying what you did was dumb. Just to clarify. If anything it was dumb for the cop to be driving that slow, unless he had a good reason to be following that other car that slowly. Which obviously he didn't have a good reason to be, because he started following you after you passed. They can be smart, dumb, mean, and anywhere in between. Just like any other person.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
IJ.;1760111 said:
Read the thread title and thought "Damn this guy needs to chew his food better that's one serious bowel obstruction" ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I always found it funny when people will sit behind a cop who isn't going near the speed limit in clear conditions... I remember on occasion, the DPS in AZ would swerve across all 6-7 lanes to keep traffic going like 40 in a 65 (75?) zone. Never figured out why they did that.

Nihiliz

Die Hard Supra Fan
Jul 23, 2007
United States
www.facebook.com
suprafanatic;1760235 said:
No, your absolutely correct. Some cops are on a power trip and don't care about anything except putting everyone else in their place. Typically, those cops were bullied in their younger years, so they grew up to take a position of control over others for once. Then you have people like me, looking for a good stable career and wanting to keep the peace :) However, we all need to keep it safe on the streets and not be dumb.. not just because of cops, but for everyone's well being. And I am in NO way saying what you did was dumb. Just to clarify. If anything it was dumb for the cop to be driving that slow, unless he had a good reason to be following that other car that slowly. Which obviously he didn't have a good reason to be, because he started following you after you passed. They can be smart, dumb, mean, and anywhere in between. Just like any other person.

So true dude,. seriously, id higher you for police in our area (if i was capiable of course).