PacNW Supra Nationals in B.C. Every Year?

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I spoke with Duane earlier about this and we came to think that having PacNW be in B.C. every year would be a really good idea. By keeping it in the same location every year it makes it easier for people to plan for (passports you lazy Americans) and can help make it grow better. The turnout was amazing and every day was an absolute blast! Plus the B.C. drivers are a lot more curtious than Americans by far (not 10 minutes into the U.S.A. coming back from PacNW I had some lady do 65 in a 70 and slowly pass a car, preventing me from continuing on and then gave me a look like I was in the wrong). The people are super friendly, the area is absolutely beautiful, and the cruise is simply amazing (apart from getting lost). Plus by having it be in 1 location it can get better every year and be easier to setup (this year the staff put in a crazy amount of work).

For those who can't leave the country for whatever reason, there's always the Centralia meet about a month or 2 prior which is always pretty big (2 years ago there were around 80 Supra's there). What do ya'll think?

Adam

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I would agree and feel that this would also tend to allow the event to grow in size and attendance also. It's just far easier and more easily remembered, less confusion about when and where etc.

I'm nowhere actually that close to it but think this is clearly a good idea to allow maximium growth.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I agree as well. Making it an annual event at a similar time every year (2nd weekend in July maybe every year?) would be a huge encouragement to numbers. Annual events are much easier to grow just simply for the fact that if someone finds out about it but has missed it, it's already in the back of their mind that it will be coming around again and they can come next year. If the person's at the event already, they liked it, I'm sure they're more than interested in trying to come to the next one as well. If it's a "one off" event you have to put a lot more effort in to trying to spread the word to get the same numbers because you're starting from scratch.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Unless we can get a crew to start planning next years PacNW in Portland or Seattle to the same level as this years PacNW, I don't think we should move PacNW from B.C. Besides, Daryl (Jayhall) makes a good point, the B.C. highways are *pretty much* lawless. I didn't see any cops the whole weekend and nobody that I know of got pulled over (unlike in the states where 2 people got pulled over on the way to the meet).

Radiod, as the PacNW meets go right now every year the event has to started over from scratch. If we keep it in 1 location every year around the same time frame (it moves around a little due to weather and such) we can get improved venues (if that's even possible since the venues this year were amazing) and relations with the vendors. This would make it much easier to set it up every year.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
I vote for Jayhall to be the official event announcer. he did a great job all weekend.

keep it in Canada, the entire event was alot of fun and well organized. we just need more high hp 7Ms :)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
mattsplat72;1598797 said:
I disagree, This is bullshit. Of course Canadians agree less gas for them. It is the PacNW nationals not the goddamn BC nationals.

Actually, Matt, I don't agree. The Canadians aren't agreeing because they want to spend less money on fuel or accommodations, or don't want to cross the border. The reason is because this year, the show was well planned and executed. There were some hiccups, as always, however, they were minor - no parking problems, no scheduling nightmares, no stolen car stereos, no sold out hotels, and so on. FYI, it's actually *more* gas for me when it's up here, as I was driving 3-4 hours a day, whereas at the shows south of the border, I only drive one way each day, with a day long break in the middle.

I don't have any problems driving to shows in the US - heck, I've gone to the PacNW nationals in Seattle, twice in Portland, and I've driven to SILV in Vegas. I don't mind the drive, as a matter of fact, I find driving to be relaxing and enjoyable. Never mind the fact that I've been to virtually every Spring show in Centralia for a decade.

I would be more than happy to attend the PacNW show at any location. The only caveat is that we need a group of dedicated people who are willing to step up and do the work required. This isn't trivial - I personally put in well over 100 hours prior to the show, and there were 4 other people on the committee! Even if the other 4 guys were total slackers and only put in 75 hours each, that's still 400+ hours of volunteer work. Please - I'm *begging* you - put together a group and organize a show so that I can attend without working my ass off.

The reason this show moves around every year, IMHO, is that there's so much work involved in putting it on that nobody is willing to do it twice in a row.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Enraged;1598813 said:
I vote for Jayhall to be the official event announcer. he did a great job all weekend.

thank you! Seriously, it was one of the biggest highlights of my weekend

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Technically I didn't compete in the S&S since I was getting pictures taken of the Supra. What help from Duane are you speaking of? The only thing he does is give me advice and suggestions once in a while, although that is usually prompted by me asking him about something. Example, asking for suggestions on how to route something. Daryl may or may not take the highest HP 1JZ next year. I have a few things planned.

Jayhall

May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Im painting my car in the winter, how much power will that add? And no Im not going with any power adding stickers

Jayhall

May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Just so you know, Matts "help from Duane" comment was directed at me. We were having a conversation the other day about deleting my ABS to get rid of the unit under the hood.

Jayhall

May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
so your taking the bet then? I dont care who I beat.... I just want to make some money off it too lol

Jayhall

May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
You'll be done, Ill give you a hand where ever I can. I think I might know a guy whos done something like this before