opinnions on daily driven/ daily beaten cars.

Jan 26, 2009
Milwaukee
i would liek to know everyones opinnion on cars that are daily driven and are built and beat. my buddy has a s13 that is slammed to un mentionable amounts. he tried to fit his iphone under his front lip and couldnt. yet he daily drives this car around chicago. i kind fo think cars were ment to be pretty btu they wre also ment to be beat and just driven hard.

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
I have a 1987 fullsize bronco, 1989 Ford F-250 (old farm truck), and I borrow my brother's Rendezvous (best SUV Evah! Thanks Toyota for teaching GM something)

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
lol, i've got a beater civic, i just can't make that thing die! beat to hell, is an ex-ricer car, 181k miles on the clock, uncomfortable seats, noisy, ugly, and starts every damn time i turn the key.

my supras and scirocco are sitting in a field, thinking the rocco will be redone this spring

in the mean time, i'm looking for a specific car for a dd.

and a truck...i need a truck..i hate trucks

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
i had a chrysler new yorker but i was filled with fear for the trans so i sold it. Now im DDing both my trans am and 924...whichever i didnt drive the day before lol. I like to keep 2 cars on the road in the winter so i can get to work no matter what. In the summer my bike is the backup

Edit - bike as in bicycle...im not that cool

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
honda preludes can take a serious beating...especially the second gen....any toyota with a 22r/re engine seem to last forever even when you beat the piss out of it.

i generally dont keep cars too long but any honda car with a 4cylinder or toyota 4cylinders tend to be built for daily abuse.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
gaboonviper85;1233657 said:
...any toyota with a 22r/re engine seem to last forever even when you beat the piss out of it.

Enter my '94 Toyota pickup. 22re, 5 speed, 4x4, Marlin Crawler rear bumper, BFG MT 31x10.5's. Whenever I get a damn spare moment, I need to start building the high CR 7MGTE for it, and put a tru trac in front, locker out back. It's a rare occasion that I get stuck now, it'll be a monster when I'm done. :)

And my summertime daily driver is a '95 BMW M3 5 speed. I drive most of my cars pretty hard. However, I maintain the crap out of them.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I DD both Supras..

One's a nice N/A cruiser with a mainly stock body not too flashy..

my other is the white turbo swapped soon-to-be-beast-ly-.....er...

front lip scrapes and that's at stock height, I cannot imagine lowering it and surviving the mean streets of LA..

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
My Supra does a LOT of miles and is never babied.

It's a great allrounder and seems to now do everything quite well but it's taken a lot of development to get to this point.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
For me, I DD a subaru imprezza. There really a mecahanics car. Very reliable, very very easy to work on, great gas milage and with these crazy new england winters awd drive is great. For me I will always have a toy, a bike, and a scooby doo.:)

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
My bank roll is small, so I dd a Geo Metro (44 MPG FTMFW) and beat the hell out of it. I've gotton mud on my roof on more than one occassion and I used to off-road it more than the average truck. It has a few small issues, but I'm working on that. As for the Supra, I drive it when I can and never baby it (even though I have 498 miles of babying to do due to recently installing a stage 3 6-puck clutch).

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Typically DD the Cressida in my avatar.I beat the ever living shit out of that car and it just takes it.I consider it my 4-door work/play/backroad drift fun/trailer haulin'/kid carrying/work truck/luxury car.Got to put a new fuel pump in it tomorrow as it took a shit finally,514,687 miles on the car,guess I can't complain about it.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Ok. My subie did the same thing during that strech. I readjusted to valves to subie spec .007. And bingo nice and quiet. (I hate the 2.5 motors I've R and R'd like 4 in the last 6 monthes.

Threadjack over

BGood

Jan 1, 2008
Green Lane
I daily drive and beat the shit out of my supra, it runs a 12.8 in the 1/4 and it is an all stock bottom end with nothing but a lexus afm and a 60-1 ct26. Might I add that I bang gears like a mofo and have gone through three first gear thrust washers.