Operation Drive and Enjoy

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I loved the drop on my Eibach's. 1" rear, 1.5" front. Only slightly stiffer than stock, and the perfect stance, in my opinion.
A great balance of sport and comfort for a daily.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
So I sold my house and moved in with my dad out in the country. Didn't want to be rushed to find another house and my elderly dad is in pretty poor health so need to tend to him a little bit. Anyway, I made a little money on the house so I spent about $700 of it on the supra today. Bought some stuff online so waiting for it to be delivered. I'll share more when I get those parts. That amount was just the tip of the iceberg too. I'm about to drop the insurance on it since it'll be in pieces most of this winter.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414388077.369433.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Looking good Ken. I'm going to get rid of my Tein coilovers and buy some Eibachs per the recommendation from supraguy. I want my car to ride like a sports car and not a tractor.........lol

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
suprahero;2028703 said:
Looking good Ken. I'm going to get rid of my Tein coilovers and buy some Eibachs per the recommendation from supraguy. I want my car to ride like a sports car and not a tractor.........lol

I've got some Eibachs, and am looking for some Tein coilovers...interested in a partial trade? :)

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Well yesterday I finally had some time to get productive with the Supra. I'm still waiting on all my bushings to arrive before I drop the rear subframe and replace them all. I bought a shop press to push out all the old shit. Anyway yesterday I changed the plugs and wires. Also changed out the idler pulley with a new OEM one. My Lamp Failure Sensor has crapped out on me so I did the delete option till I can get the box fixed. I then installed a new head unit with bluetooth for some better sounding audio. Last but definetly not least, I put the MKIV TT wheels that I bought a while back on.

p2031978_1.jpg

Here the Pioneer head unit. Nothing fancy but it does sound better than the later model oem toyota radio that was in it.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

And if you haven't looked in the "other cars" forum in a while, I bought this a couple of weeks ago.

p2031978_2.png

Turbo-@

Jun 15, 2014
Moreno Valley, CA
She is very clean bro! Very well preserved through the years. One day I would like to own an '88 and try to replicate a TOM's C5 Supra :) One day.... But not today... My Soup sucks all my money as it is.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
gtsfirefighter;2032200 said:
View attachment 74869

Got the windows tinted today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the wheels! Do you mind if I ask how much you paid and if it was a local deal?

Also, window tinting is one of my favorite things to have done to a car. It was one of the first things I did to my Supra when I got it. It improves the looks so much, as well as adds privacy and helps keep the damaging sun rays off the interior. How dark did you go?

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
I don't mind and yes it was a local deal from someone i knew. Let me tell you about them first. The wheels have been professionally refinished and painted, not powder coated. They are just as good as factory new. The tires are brand new, only 500 miles on them when I bought them. So for the wheels/tires, two 15mm spacers for the front, and a downpipe thrown in I paid $1000. For anyone else reading this balking about that saying they can get them for such and such $$...bullshit. Find some mkiv TT wheels cheap. Sure but they'll have curb rash and you'll be lucky if center caps come with them. If they do they'll be discolored. Then price a set of tires for them. Then price a set of hubcentric spacers. See if that is less than $1k.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
gtsfirefighter;2032222 said:
I don't mind and yes it was a local deal from someone i knew. Let me tell you about them first. The wheels have been professionally refinished and painted, not powder coated. They are just as good as factory new. The tires are brand new, only 500 miles on them when I bought them. So for the wheels/tires, two 15mm spacers for the front, and a downpipe thrown in I paid $1000. For anyone else reading this balking about that saying they can get them for such and such $$...bullshit. Find some mkiv TT wheels cheap. Sure but they'll have curb rash and you'll be lucky if center caps come with them. If they do they'll be discolored. Then price a set of tires for them. Then price a set of hubcentric spacers. See if that is less than $1k.

Damn! I definitely wasn't reading this thinking you over paid. I read this thinking you basically stole those wheels and tires at that price. I've seen one set for sale in my area recently and they were without tires and not it the best shape and they wanted $500 I believe. To get them refinished and put tires on them I'd have been well over $1k into them. And then you'd still have to get the spaces plus the cost to have the tires mounted and balances. The cost of doing wheels and tires is what has mostly kept me from doing anything to mine, and still riding on my clean non-rashed sawblades. I'd have to find a set in perfect condition, or the imperfections would drive me nuts.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
gtsfirefighter;2032237 said:
Thanks. I wrote that to preempt the asswipes who are always so quick to be critical on what people pay for things. You want nice things you better be willing to pay. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm hoping one day I'll come across a deal like that. If the guy has another set like that for sale let me know haha. It might be worth the gas to Texas to pick them up.