Ongoing General MRSO Chat Area

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
On another note, I got word from all aspects.
The Dyno Day is being officially moved to SUNDAY MARCH 20.

We're being combined with another dyno day so there should be around 30 cars there.
Pulling starts at 9 and goes all day!

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
March 20th ? Thats one day before my birthday ! Would be nice if my motor was broke in by then.

Ryan , just let me know what's up . Remember well need the engine in the car for the first mock up. We don't want your turbo clocked wrong or anything.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Hey Mark,

I have one on one of my 2 spare 7MGTE's. It is beginning to look like I will be parting those engines out instead of selling them in one piece anyway. Both would need a rebuild. How soon do you need the manifold ? If your not in a rush, I could bring it to the Meet. If you are in a rush, I could pull it and chk shipping. I do hate parting out 1 complete and 1 nearly complete engines, but it does seem more and more like that is the way the gavel will fall. LMK

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Which brings to mind, I also have 2 sets of sawblades. One set is polished, and look as good as any of the other metal I polished on my MK III, they are in perfect shape with vg center caps. Other set was painted white "not by me" and really might just take them to the scrap yard for the $$.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
White Zombie;1681333 said:
ROFLMAO !!!!!
VTEC !

Any way , does anybody have a spare turbo manifold for sale ?
Need one for my sons car.

Hey Mark, I have the original one from my car. It's has been ceramic coated-black for high temp. It's in fine shape, just sitting on the shelf. I have know idea what it would be worth so make an offer if you like. I can check on the shipping cost, the box shouldn't be too big but I don't know about the weight factor.

Also, just to throw this out, I have the 3' SS custom exhaust from my old build. No DP, it comes off the stock CT 26 turbo elbow.

-Fred

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
Hey, I know it's a little off of the present topic(s) but does anyone know why my favorite Supra Video has been pulled? I can't find
the old montage video of "Project Cherry Widebody" anymore. I need my fix!

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
Fred and Mark , if you could PM me the ship cost to 23666 and a price , I'll see what I can do . But I'm not in a rush so I could really wait till the May meet and pick them up that way if it's not too much trouble.

Mark I'd rather you didn't part the motor too , let's see what happens closer to the May in May . If all works out I'll pick em up then. Thanks guys.

Chase ! You got the sickness buddy !

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
You know you're a supra owner when you know that the Project Cherry Widebody video has been taken off youtube. :)
And if you know the owner's thread location so you can post a complaint about it!

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Got it Mark. No part out.

Sounds like Fred's piece is nicer anyway, coated and all ^^ The engines I have are 1) Pulled from my MK III @ 113,000 miles, no smoke ran good, but had a hogged up key area on the crank nub. This caused the crankshaft pulley to wobble on the crank. I have a good 6m crank that goes with that engine. 2) Pulled from my R154 donor car, had no turbo, was converted to run w/o it. Never started it or know what internal shape it is in, the seller did say it ran. I had picked up a yard engine to rebuild while the woobly pulley one was still in the car, reason I have 2. I also have the rear diff from the 5 speed car.

Jordan, et all

We need to get the meet thread up asap

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
I'll see if I can get you a shipping cost tomorrow Mark. As far as price, just make an offer. I have a ton of parts off of my old build including the intercooler, piping and HKS BOV. I have spread a few pieces across the country to members here. Never posted a for sale thread because I thought I'd hold on to the parts in case someone close needed something.

-Fred

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
7thousandpiecesMGTE;1682015 said:
I am close Fred... not sure if i need anything, just wanted to point that out :D

Getting closer to a startup?

Close but no cigar YET! Just have to shovel a few more $$$$$ into the old girl. Had a bad winter here work wise, plenty of work, just couldn't do it with the cold and snow. Typically the Supra fund ended up being the living fund. Back full bore now so it shouldn't be too long.

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
Damn Fred ! I just bought a HKS from driftmotion too !!! Wish I knew you were selling , OH well.

I finished my wiring last night ... Holy crap ! I wanna Strangle Joe for talking me into the whole wiring thing. Anyway , tomorrow I'll finish modifying the FFIM to have working vacuum ports , then fire her up ! Woot !!

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
swd fredester 3;1681975 said:
i'll see if i can get you a shipping cost tomorrow mark. As far as price, just make an offer. I have a ton of parts off of my old build including the intercooler, piping and hks bov. I have spread a few pieces across the country to members here. Never posted a for sale thread because i thought i'd hold on to the parts in case someone close needed something.

-fred

What style HKS BOV do you have for sale? And how much?

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
SWD Fredester 3;1682027 said:
Close but no cigar YET! Just have to shovel a few more $$$$$ into the old girl. Had a bad winter here work wise, plenty of work, just couldn't do it with the cold and snow. Typically the Supra fund ended up being the living fund. Back full bore now so it shouldn't be too long.

Oh you just use a shovel....? I thought you were up to using a back hoe/front loader..... :D

Seriously cant wait to see it.