Ongoing General MRSO Chat Area

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
applesauce;1683197 said:
What style HKS BOV do you have for sale? And how much?

It's the old style HKS with the gold lettering, here is a pic from my old build:

p1683436_1.jpg

As far as price, make an offer. I actually wanted to sell the IC, piping and BOV as a complete kit if someone needed one.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

7thousandpiecesMGTE;1683427 said:
Oh you just use a shovel....? I thought you were up to using a back hoe/front loader..... :D

Seriously cant wait to see it.

Starting to warm up the engine on the front loader! Thanks Andrew, I'll let you know when the 1st start party is scheduled.

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
Hey my buddy Adam might go for that IC kit ! His is crap . I was gonna build him a new one , but his set up is similar to yours so PM me a rough price . Will that include the intake pipe ( air filter ) ?

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Fred , don't worry about the manifold , I've got one now .
But where did you get that awesome cooling panel ? !

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
White Zombie;1684645 said:
Hey my buddy Adam might go for that IC kit ! His is crap . I was gonna build him a new one , but his set up is similar to yours so PM me a rough price . Will that include the intake pipe ( air filter ) ?

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Fred , don't worry about the manifold , I've got one now .
But where did you get that awesome cooling panel ? !

PM sent.

That's cool about the manifold, heavy to ship, glad you found one.

The cooling panel is a LIPP from Supra Sport.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
To All,

Many things that I have taken to task with my supra work, have gone better than planned. Some things have gone as planned. But somedays I get the 2 steps forward and one step back unplanned. Today was one of those days and there have been others. Pulling the brake vent covers off for paint a week ago I snapped one of the top clips. I come to find out that the clips can only be purchased with the entire part @ $180.00. Well that wasn't going to happen, I knew I could fabricate a suitable clip. I happened to find 3 along with the brake vent ducts I needed on SuprForums. Long story short, I got all the parts back, fresh paint and what do I do, I snap the single white bottom clip. I really hate not being careful enough at times.
I know it has happened to many, but I sure hope it happens as seldom as possible for all of you and your builds.

Out

Last edited:

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
Davismj711;1684958 said:
To All,

Many things that I have taken to task with my supra work, have gone better than planned. Some things have gone as planned. But somedays I get the 2 steps forward and one step back unplanned. Today was one of those days and there have been others. Pulling the brake vent covers off for paint a week ago I snapped one of the top clips. I come to find out that the clips can only be purchased with the entire part @ $180.00. Well that wasn't going to happen, I knew I could fabricate a suitable clip. I happened to find 3 along with the brake vent ducts I needed on SuprForums. Long story short, I got all the parts back, fresh paint and what do I do, I snap the single white bottom clip. I really hate not being careful enough at times.

I know it has happened to many, but I sure hope it happens as seldom as possible for all of you and your builds.
Out

Been there mark. That surely sucketh.

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
For those of you that don't mind doing some research here are 2 very good threads to consider when choosing oil viscosity and air filters. Let me know what you think.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest1.htm

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/faq.php?faq=haas_articles

I will be running the German Castrol 0-30 and I am in the process of finding an alternative for the K&N. I have used the K&N filters since my Pro Am racing days in the 70's. I have to concur with the test though, as I know the flow is better, but even on my MK III I was constantly finding more filth than I preferred in the intake post filter area. This of course is not a concern for those of you that enjoy the process of building engines for future mods. It was never a problem on the racing bikes as they were rebuilt post race anyway. But there is a large part of me that would prefer a bit more filtration these days ^^

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Agreed. GC is great stuff which I'm running as well. :bigthumb: For air filters, I've been "told" the AEM Dryflows are the ones to get.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Davismj711;1685525 said:
For those of you that don't mind doing some research here are 2 very good threads to consider when choosing oil viscosity and air filters. Let me know what you think.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest1.htm

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/faq.php?faq=haas_articles

I will be running the German Castrol 0-30 and I am in the process of finding an alternative for the K&N. I have used the K&N filters since my Pro Am racing days in the 70's. I have to concur with the test though, as I know the flow is better, but even on my MK III I was constantly finding more filth than I preferred in the intake post filter area. This of course is not a concern for those of you that enjoy the process of building engines for future mods. It was never a problem on the racing bikes as they were rebuilt post race anyway. But there is a large part of me that would prefer a bit more filtration these days ^^

The 70's??? ::salute::

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Yes, the 70's. Funny time it was, my brother was more consistent than me. I would always lead the first few laps, but always found a way to fall down soon there after. I do believe it helped me realize later in life that the edge is a place I do not need to flirt with any longer.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Needboost;1685915 said:
is there going to be any n/a mk3 supras this year or am i going to be only one. anyone want to give me a running gte for free so i can roll with the turbos.lol

Nope you will be the only one:3d_frown:

Anyone want to :1zhelp: this guy get a gte... taking collections!!!

Actually BOOST if you really need a GTE motor then we can make that happen, I know of a couple w/o homes that are cheap and will be damn near given to you.

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
sixpatch;1672141 said:
Wish I could, but that's a bit of a hike, plus I've been talking to All Aspects about this for more than a month now, and after last year I don't want them thinking im all talk. :) That'd be bad for my cashflow.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Okay. Im setting the All Aspects Dyno Day for Saturday March 5th. I know Saturday can be a rough day for some of us to take off, but All Aspects has requested that we not make it a Sunday if at all possible. Let me know if you want to go but Saturdays don't work for you, and I'll call AA to change it. As long as we have 7 people laying down numbers and two people tuning, we'll definitely qualify for the discounted rate. Be prepared for an all day event as I can't garuantee the order in which we'll be pulling.
$50 for 3 pulls (2wd)
$60 for 3 pulls (4wd/awd)
$100/hr for tuning

I'll be collecting the cash and taking it over to All Aspects 1 Week PRIOR to the dyno day in order to secure the date.

Alright guys. We're finally here! This sunday at 0900 at All Aspects Motorsports on tilden ave in Chesapeake! All the rates are still the same, but get with me asap so we can drop off the money and secure our slots.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
johnnymartens123;1686298 said:
Howdy guys the name is John or Johnny! Just thought I introduce myself here in the Mid east part also. I didnt know where to post so I thought I just chime in here also lol ;p

Glad you could join us John! If you want to meet a few of us you are welcome to stop by All Aspects in Chesapeake Sunday, we will be there most of the day. A couple of us live out here in Chesapeake, well actually only the cool ones live out here:icon_razz

Also if you need anything let us know im sure between a few of us we have enough parts to build a hand full of supras

johnnymartens123

Jan 8, 2011
Virginia (chesapeake/va beach)
applesauce;1686372 said:
Glad you could join us John! If you want to meet a few of us you are welcome to stop by All Aspects in Chesapeake Sunday, we will be there most of the day. A couple of us live out here in Chesapeake, well actually only the cool ones live out here:icon_razz

Also if you need anything let us know im sure between a few of us we have enough parts to build a hand full of supras

Allright yea sounds like a great idea I will see if I got anything planned that day. And thanks for the help in the future :) I know Im going to need it

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

Davismj711;1686347 said:
Welcome Johnny !! Hope you mark down May 28th for the big meet this year.

Already did ;)

sixpatch

Chaser
Feb 13, 2010
Kernersville, NC
applesauce;1686372 said:

Welcome to the party John. I know Id love to see another 1j at the dyno on Sunday, so definitely come out if you can. Sweet rides!

Oh and, im one of the other Chesapeake dwellers that Applesauce mentioned. :)

johnnymartens123

Jan 8, 2011
Virginia (chesapeake/va beach)
sixpatch;1686550 said:
Welcome to the party John. I know Id love to see another 1j at the dyno on Sunday, so definitely come out if you can. Sweet rides!

Oh and, im one of the other Chesapeake dwellers that Applesauce mentioned. :)

Thanks man lol,well hopefully I could meet up with some of you guys I just looked up the address for All Aspects and its actually 10mins away from my house so maybe I will drop by and say whats up and meet some of you guys.