one piece crank pulley rollcall!

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
hey guys. Just wanna see how many of us are running solid crank pulley. I'm tired of flinging belts and exploding stock pulley. I drift this thing and subject it to high shock loads dozens of times a minute. Last time I flung a belt from garbage stock pulley I smashed my car into a wall. Never again.

So what are your PERSONAL EXPERIENCES? Hows engine life change if at all? How high are you revving it? How many miles now? Anything relevant really?

I've read many arguments against this type of mod. Physics wise they are good arguments. Makes sense but I don't know if I really want a $400 dampened pulley just yet. The only certainty s if I keep using stock ones I'll keep blowing them apart and crashing/overheating my car. So as of now this seems worth it to me.

Thanks,

Last edited:

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Poodles;1358002 said:
$400 is cheaper than an engine rebuild.

Very true. I think if I have the solid one on so I can drive it for a while I'l be alright. $400 takes at least 6 weeks to save up. 6 weeks is about 250 miles for me.

Anyone had one last 250 miles?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yet you'll be wasting money on the cheap solid one (that you'll never get rid of because everyone knows they're junk) while you save up for the good one. A stock one will last that long if you're not being crazy in it (like drifting, and who drifts with no budget?)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Poodles;1358049 said:
Yet you'll be wasting money on the cheap solid one (that you'll never get rid of because everyone knows they're junk) while you save up for the good one. A stock one will last that long if you're not being crazy in it (like drifting, and who drifts with no budget?)

Wannabe poseurs? ;)

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Last edited:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
aphxero;1358058 said:
Beileve me guys I understand why/how it will damage my engine. I just wanted to hear if anyone had a major failure right away.

I've never heard of it doing damage quickly - it's generally cumulative over time. Although we had a guy who lost a couple of OS Giken triple disc clutches in a very short time due to one of these. It was a pretty extreme motor with lightweight everything. Revved like a superbike and was damned near impossible to drive in traffic.

Kept shaking the rivets right out of the pressure plate. We replace the "lightweight" pulley with a real one and he never had the problem again.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Zumtizzle;1358072 said:
Ummmmmmmmm.

You can afford a Single but not a Dampener? O.O

Single was over 6 months of saving up dude. People ask me this all the time "how do you have all of this shit but you can't afford small things?"haha. I used to have really crappy job so I've been putting this together for 3 years or so that's how. Car has tons of stuff done and breaking these things wasn't really a problem until it became a problem ya know?

Now I have a good job so I can save for this ati pulley :)

Last edited by a moderator:

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Supracentral;1358077 said:
Good for you - at least you aren't financing it. Now that would be stupid.

That is the truest thing I've ever heard. NOTHING financed should be used in motorsports ever! Even using credit cards (which I refuse to) would be pretty sketch. Especially with something like drift.

So I'm gonna run this thing for a few weeks. Maybe take bearing pictures before I put on the ati. I know the motor is fine now it has like 10k on it.

Thanks bros...