Cancel the Olympics indefinately????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Well this is a rant if ya can't tell from the title. Now I like sports, for example ice hockey, baseball, football, competitive shooting, and autoracing (Fomrula One, SCCA, Rolex Sports Cars, etc). However I cannot stand the olympics, it gets tons of hype, monopolizes most broadcast channels (luckily I watch Cable), and just for some reason pisses me off.

I don't wanna watch habib run a mile, or malaka throw a javelon. The only semi decent thing is the womens swimming and the flat chestedness cancels that out so bam.

Just curious who else couldn't give a shit less about the olympics or maybe go so far as to say lets cancel the shit for good????

vote on the poll........

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Actually I'm pretty good, just tired of hearing about the olympics, quite a few of the guys in the academy with me are talking about it during breaks and it gets old so I guess thats annoying, luckily we start range soon so I won't hear them over the sound of .40, .223, and 12 gauage fire LOL.

Thanks for caring though :)

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I like to watch the Olympics.....The coverage can get a bit overwhelming with the broadcasters and their little inside stories about the athletes childhood and what they eat. I really could give a fuck less about those stories though.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
I try to watch the olympics as much as possible. Most of these people have dedicated their lives to be the best in the world at something. I feel its worth it for me to have a seat, grab a coke, and see how far these peoples efforts will take them.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
GotTurbos?;1107971 said:
I try to watch the olympics as much as possible. Most of these people have dedicated their lives to be the best in the world at something. I feel its worth it for me to have a seat, grab a coke, and see how far these peoples efforts will take them.

Yeah, And all this guy is good for is making some really fucking dumb posts(search the forum) and sitting on his ass.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
all of the girls i've seen so far are either have more muscles than me, haver flater chests than me, and could probably kick my ass and throw me around.

but its still funny to see americans kick other countries ass.

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
Wills7MGTE;1108012 said:
I just wish Formula One had more diversity, you don't see hardly any americans in it, it'd be nice if the U.S. would put more into real racing and less into NASCAR.

Bit it is so much more of a challenge to drive around in circles.... go round and round and round and round and round...:sarcasm:

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
You know Will, the Olympics are not all about your personal entertainment. I watch the sports that interest me, and the ones where history is being made (like Michael Phelps). There are folks that really get into the whole thing and everything in between. It's not all about you Will, but you sure seem to think so. If you don't like it, switch channels.

Tae361

Jul 15, 2008
NY
I'm all about the Olympics, nothing wrong with them. I will watch badminton at 2am because everyone that competes shows a level of intensity not usually found in American sports. I was even watching synchronized swimming the other night, and gained a new respect for the amount of skill and strength it actually takes... an amazing talent though I still think its stupid.

As for the events.. I think they should add an auto racing or autocross event where everyone has to use the same car. It would inspire a lot of amateurs to step up and interact the American drivers with the rest of the world.

Another great thing would be an event sort of like the show Ninja Warrior.. if anyone has seen it, they know what I'm talkin about hahah.

Tae361

Jul 15, 2008
NY
Rennat;1108139 said:
all of the girls i've seen so far are either have more muscles than me, haver flater chests than me, and could probably kick my ass and throw me around.

but its still funny to see americans kick other countries ass.

There is some many women's beach volleyball players with some nice asses, although they are all over 5'10" lol... but I don't mind.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Three words:

Womens Beach Volleyball

I swear, every guy on the olympic council said "FUCKING HELL YES!" when they were asked if it could be an olympic sport. I'm sure someone had to over analyze it and ask: "Ok, let me get this straight, we're going to let a bunch of athletic women in bikinis run around, jumping up and down in the sun and sand, hug each other, and point at their bums... and we're going to call it a sport? Ok, sweet, just making sure!"

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Rennat;1108139 said:

She wants you to PIITB!
082004_kerri_walsh.jpg

Usually people that get pissed off at other athletes acomplishments are just couch slugs that have a low self image. I dont know anything about Will, Im just sayin...

Whats NOT to love about the olympics? National pride, stories of struggle and triumph, supreme accomplishments, emotional victories and defeats, incredible human physiques, controversies, the coming together of cultures... "all the world's a stage and we are mearly players"

The olympics is about a LOT more than the events themselves. Hell it could be underwater basket weaving for all I care...if there is a human struggle and a world record on the line Im watching it! :D

If you dont like the Olympics go back to playing Halo or WoW or watching Anime, 'cause to me it just sounds like jealousy.

Keros;1108440 said:
Three words:

Womens Beach Volleyball

I swear, every guy on the olympic council said "FUCKING HELL YES!" when they were asked if it could be an olympic sport. I'm sure someone had to over analyze it and ask: "Ok, let me get this straight, we're going to let a bunch of athletic women in bikinis run around, jumping up and down in the sun and sand, hug each other, and point at their bums... and we're going to call it a sport? Ok, sweet, just making sure!"

ROFL...did you happen to catch "women on trampolines" by any chance? I kid you not its an olympic sport. I think Spike TV is adding it to their line up ;)

Tae361

Jul 15, 2008
NY
Facime;1108446 said:
ROFL...did you happen to catch "women on trampolines" by any chance? I kid you not its an olympic sport. I think Spike TV is adding it to their line up ;)

there actually is womens trampoline in the olympics lol