OK...here's the deal...

The1

Too poor to be here..:(
May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
I will be removing my cylinder head Sunday (more that likely). I will be totally honest, I am not the best mechanic, so if anyone can offer any type of assistance, it would be greatly appreciated. I have the TSRM but still....

<<scared

:1zhelp:
Joey

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Find someone nearby that's done it before to lend a hand....

There's a LOT of small expensive stuff that can be damaged.
(not to mention it's a long clumsy chunk of aluminium to remove on your own)

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Chances are is you wont get t off by yourself without damaging it, there pretty heavy and akward to lift off the block.

Supra owners on this site are extremley helpful, and im SURE you could find someone around you to help you out.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
There are a few members on here that are just south of Montgomery. I know Forcedtorque lives in Satsuma if you know where that is. Go to the South East region and post up that you need some help and see if anyone is ready willing and able. Good luck.

The1

May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
The Alabama members are either (1)too far or (2)too busy. I miss driving my car and I'm just trying to get it back on the road.

*sigh*

The1

May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
*calling to check on the price*...lol

I was telling the wife, I love it but gat dern I'm on the verge of selling it. But I have some unfinished business. But going to a shop down here a frickin robbery.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
If you bring it up here I'll be glad to help you, but you do know Alabama is playing LSU this weekend................There's no way I"m working on my car this weekend, because after that game New England is playing Indianapolis..........WOW, what a lineup.

I will be glad to help you, but I'm way too busy with work to drive down and do it. You can be at my house in about two hours probably., Jay

The1

May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
First off, War Fuggin Eagle...

That's why I'm not working on it Saturday, too many good games are going on. Troy plays Georgia too so I said I will do as much as I can Sunday after church..

The1

May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
**update**

I started taking everything apart and I got tired of fooling with the turbo. I will be gone all day tomorrow and will be back on it next week. I have a quick question tho..the TSRM say I don't have to remove the oil line but I'll have to won't it??

Motofool

Oct 16, 2007
Spokane WA
couple good tips.

take pictures as you tear it apart.

take things off in sides/sections put bolts back in the holes you removed them from or grab masking tape and label them. another way is to take a big piece of card board and poke bolts through it and write with a pen or marker next to each one a description.

use some cleaners and maybe some wd40 on the bolts on the turbo or other hard to remove bolts to hopefully make them easier to remove.

might not be a bad idea to replace easy things when you put it back on radiator hoses and stuff that you already have apart. dont reuse gaskets unless you have to

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
I took all the bolts off and put them in a ziplock baggy and labeled them for reference when I replaced my turbo and headgasket. Its a lot easier to put back together when you know which bolt goes to where.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Like Jay I'm too busy to come down and help you out but I can offer some tips/advice. Pulling the turbo is a pain, but easier if you have the right tools and patience. I don't see anyway to get around removing the oil lines.

If you get in a bind I may be able to venture down in a weekend or so. Darkspeed is local to you but he's probably prepping for the IFO this weekend. I would try and contact him.

The1

May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Man...who are you telling (about the turbo). It took me about 30 minutes to get the two bottom screws..lol. When I saw that I had to pull the oil lines, I called it a day. I will probably start again next Friday.