oil squirters, should i wait for them?

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
so i wanted to get new oil squirters so i ordered them from toyota but they are on back order and its been two weeks now, ive even ordered my mhg last week and got that already, not sure how long or if they will come at all

so i have 2 questions and the reason i wanted to replace them is because i saw this "These banjo bolts have a pressure regulating ball and spring inside, and over time the spring looses tension and allows oil to flow at lower pressures, causing a lack of oil going to the engine bearings."

1) is the only thing i replace this?
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291420/Parts/15605.aspx

2) since i was already turbo i have my old ones should i wait? at least a little longer

i have already run into a few set backs, and now everything is ready to go and now its just these im waiting on

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
well i still have my original ones in the block, im not going to go without them if that is what you might have been getting out of that

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
dumbo;1453838 said:
I would just wait. Whats another week or so?

thats not the wort part but im thinking they might not come at all lol i thought they were still available

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Most compressors have a regulator fitted, turn the reg down, hose out to a squirter bolt put a small clamp on it then turn the pressure up and make a note on when the bolt opens.

Repeat 6 times, if they're around 40psi you're good to go.

Toyota back orders have been blowing out time wise recently :(

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I bought 6 new squirters about 2 years ago, My dealership said there were 10 left in the country, I guess I helped make them backordered :icon_conf I ended up building my engine with my old squirters. I've still got the brand new ones in the bag somewhere(just moved so all my car parts are in boxes. If you are interested I'll look for them and ship them to you for a good price. It's been awhile so I forget what they're worth.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
well i picked up the new ones today, i was at least hoping for wednesday this week and they were here on monday so thats even better

anything special to know when putting them in? torque to spec and thats it i'd assume

not going to be able to get to this until next week

FloTex

Crankin since the 1900s
Aug 13, 2008
Tallahassee, Florida
Dealers can check availability in stock across the country. I always get good prices and help from Jeff at Champion Toyota in Houston (713) 943-7010.

There were a few extra in Gainesville, Florida about a month ago. Price was about $20 each.

Be real careful torquing! They are thin metal and don't take much to break off.

Clean them and test them if they aren't new. Use IJs test method.

FloTex

Crankin since the 1900s
Aug 13, 2008
Tallahassee, Florida
There are two different parts; a nozzle which is about $20 and a valve which is about $12. You don't want the nozzle, but the pressure regulating valve. The nozzle bolts to the valve and has no moving parts. It can be re-used. The valve has a ball and spring and is the part of concern for oil pressure.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
yeah i only replaced the valves, i also got them for a better price then those listed :icon_bigg

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
quick question, what is the torque spec for these? and or where is it shown?
i was looking for it but i didn't see it, maybe i missed it

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
nerfkhat;1461748 said:
should be 25/lbs

bzzzzzzzzzzzz 18 ft/lbs....

EM_063.gif

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
IJ.;1453848 said:
Most compressors have a regulator fitted, turn the reg down, hose out to a squirter bolt put a small clamp on it then turn the pressure up and make a note on when the bolt opens.

Repeat 6 times, if they're around 40psi you're good to go.

Toyota back orders have been blowing out time wise recently :(

Now you tell us!