OHIO thread

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
supradrifter1;1761816 said:
Hey, sorry to hear about the 7m woes guys. I have experienced some as well with mine, so I have decided to rip it out and put my 1J in it that I have just laying around. This is probably gonna happen over the winter or sooner once I find a new place to live that has a garage.

Do it!!

our two are gettiing built for drift.. we went 1j from the start lol

do you have any mods to the supra's steering? not sure how much you've drifted it?

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
when your 7m blows up you'll be back on our side :)

so why is it that there are so many STUPID mkiii owners?

I feel like the Internet has made people stupid.. they'd rather make a thread about 'what suspension to go with' instead of doing their own research.. but the guys answering don't know a damn thing about suspensions either.. so its a horrible cycle of stupidity

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
It's a gorgeous day and all I want to do is go for a drive with my targa off.

Current status:

p1762120_1.gif

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
i anyone needs 7m parts let me know..

right now i have:
2 sets of rods/pistons
power steering pump
fuel rail
oil squirters
hacked up harness with some good plugs

cost: drive here and get the crap out of my garage.. and possibly 1 steely

Last edited:

jlcrhcp85

Jan 6, 2011
Akron, Ohio
How's the condition of the harness plug for the CPS and cold start injector? Mine are pretty ratty! Also, I'm not getting replies in the "for sale" section on a damn CPS! ...aggrivating

jlcrhcp85

Jan 6, 2011
Akron, Ohio
What are you guys' thoughts on EGR valves? I read so much conflicting crap on whether or not removing it has any benefit? I live in stark county (no echeck) and I'm not concerned with MPG's. I'm gut-happy with my supra (under the hood only) but if there's no power gain, there's no sense in giving the gassholes anymore of my $ than I have to.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Logically, I imagine that until your ride actually has an issue providing fuel, your maf has no problem calling for the fuel it needs, right? ...or wrong?

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
jlcrhcp85;1762451 said:
What are you guys' thoughts on EGR valves? I read so much conflicting crap on whether or not removing it has any benefit? I live in stark county (no echeck) and I'm not concerned with MPG's. I'm gut-happy with my supra (under the hood only) but if there's no power gain, there's no sense in giving the gassholes anymore of my $ than I have to.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Logically, I imagine that until your ride actually has an issue providing fuel, your maf has no problem calling for the fuel it needs, right? ...or wrong?

I deleted the canister and used the Driftmotion block off plate. I don't have a wideband but I know I run stupid rich. Other than that there isn't any difference that I know of. From what I was told, keeping it builds up excess heat around cylinder 6, causing it to be more prone to blowing the headgasket.