OHIO thread

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
greek had a pretty decent first run on the drag strip.. he was the only one who did anything besides a mkiv we saw

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

so question about oil in winter

i run royal purple 10w-30 in the del.. i just read i don't need to change the weight if its synthetic because it will flow no matter how cold it it

we also run 10w-30 in the 93 civic but not synthetic.. should i switch it to 5w-30 for winter so it flows better and doesnt become thick or do you use thicker weight in winter?

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
Oil in water?
Is there oil in your coolant or is there coolant in your oil?

Yes switching to 5w30 for winter would best

On a side note
I blew my headgasket today in the supra lol
Suppose to be a MHG but Idk lol
Rebuild time

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
Greek spun a bearing in his 7m yesterday.. 7m's must have decided to have a piss your owner off weekend

and i didnt really take any pics.. and my phone died when the drift comp started getting really good lol

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Wow spun a bearing
Mine blew bc I pulled through all gears and topped 4th gear lol
160xxx miles...ain't bad

But going to buy a 96 mustang gt tomorrow for my new daily
Going to feel wierd not driving my baby lol

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
damn 7m's

hopefully you both get them fixed asap and don't run into more problems

greek.. did you get anything done on it today?

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
Nope, worked 11-7. Got some bearings from Shane is all. Called up a buddy of mine who has pulled 7M's countless times and he'll helped me pull it. I work every day this week as well, sometimes 4-close and sometimes morning-4, which complicates things twice as much.

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
I'm in same boat Greek
I work 330-midnight threw the week
Before I go to work I have my son
So weekends are my best friends lol
But my supra will be down til winter
Hoping to bust out 400hp for next year

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
Greek;1760109 said:
Nope, worked 11-7. Got some bearings from Shane is all. Called up a buddy of mine who has pulled 7M's countless times and he'll helped me pull it. I work every day this week as well, sometimes 4-close and sometimes morning-4, which complicates things twice as much.

it'll be less of a pain in the ass in the long run.. unhooking and hooking everything back up isn't fun but having it out of the car will give you WAY more room.. hopefully you guys can get it fixed pretty quickly.. if we were closer we'd help.. chris got pretty good at pulling 7m's from ours lol I'd go to class/work and come home to it the motor/tranny by the car

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
jonahs_supra;1760130 said:
Mine was my dd til today
Buddy of mine is selling me the mustang tomorrow for super cheap

BTW Greek
What did you run at the track?
What mods? What Psi? What trans and what gear ratio?

Everything is stock except a full 3 inch exhaust with no cats/muffler and the wastegate is shimmed to 10psi. Very first run I got a 14.0, if I actually knew how to launch then I'd be well into the 13's.
Mk3*Supra;1760134 said:
it'll be less of a pain in the ass in the long run.. unhooking and hooking everything back up isn't fun but having it out of the car will give you WAY more room.. hopefully you guys can get it fixed pretty quickly.. if we were closer we'd help.. chris got pretty good at pulling 7m's from ours lol I'd go to class/work and come home to it the motor/tranny by the car

I'm hoping it will be done by the end of the week/next week.

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
I told him a 14 for his first run and being nervous about launching was good!

of course the spun bearing probably wasn't worth it