Official SILV08 Recap

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
WOW! I just woke up. I still need more time to catch up on my sleep but damn! That was one hellofan event!

Wednesday evening we had a "soft opening" at one of our newest sponsor's shops - Granite Auto Grooming. Rich had the guys working late to do a paint correction demo, product demos, and a washing seminar. Turnout was a little low due to the last minute addition but two Supras that were detailed that day won trophies over the weekend.

Thursday morning we really got things off the ground. For the 12th straight year we took over the rollers at Silver State Motorsports. Mike, Mikey, and the crew were getting the Supras in and out as quickly as possible. We had some trouble getting people to show up on time and that made it impossible to get any of the day of the dyno signups. We did get all of the people through that pre-registered. Please note that pre-registration guaranteed those people time on the rollers.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
As we moved through the morning some of the big dawgs started trickling in and after lunch we kicked the dyno up a notch or two with the MkIII Smackdown. To make things fair we drew names out of a hat to determine the final run order.

• Up first was Roy Cruz with his 7M-GTE powered 84 dropping a very nice 609.39 whp.
  • Jeff Wilson came in with his 2JZ-GTE 92 and upped the bar to 785.64.
  • Shawn Cassady from WAY up in Mass strapped his 7M-GTE powered 87 down next and kicked out 637.10.
  • Rey Cruz was up next and when the smoke cleared after his run the entire crowd stood in amazement looking at a 990.02 pull out of an 89 with a 7M-GTE.
  • Running a bit late all weekend (sorry... had to add that part), we ran Darian Wilcox at the end of the day so he could get his numbers for the Smackdown. His 2JZ-GTE powered 89 gave us a very solid 678.79.

I am also VERY pleased to announce that Turbo Tony's record was not only broken... the pieces were picked up, smashed on the ground again, and then mashed into dust with a smokey 5-minute burnout! Way to go Rey!

Last edited:

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
It was now time for some of the craziest dyno runs I have ever seen. The High Roller Series Participants came out swinging... all hoping to take home the top spot for the dyno trophies and also competing for points in the High Roller Series.

We again drew names out of the hat to determine the final run order for the day.
  • Up first was Kean Wang and the red/black Boostlogic race car. Getting the crowd fired up and ready for more their 93 crested the 1000hp mark with 1087.15 whp.
  • We moved on to SW’s 95. Even with the quick build time this Supra was AMAZING! And then they popped the hood. A few years ago the dyno was topped out at 1200whp. After some upgrades we proved last year that the dyno would read higher… but just how high? According to all of the calculations it was supposed to be 1800. SW topped out the rollers at 1500+whp. I guess the Silver State Motorsports guys are going to have to go back and make a few more changes for next year.
  • Saad Saad finally got signed up for the HRS and was up next in his 94 and pulled a solid 1128.68.
  • The 2JZ-GTE powered 89 from Vijay Ramkisoon and the guys at Big Daddy Performance Center down in Fort Lauderdale Florida – I have to say this part again… DOWN IN FORT LAUDERDALE FLORIDA – strapped down for a run of 1336.57. Did I mention that they came in from Fort Lauderdale Florida?
  • Jerry Reyes was up next and pulled a clean 790.04 out of his 97.
  • Coming out of retirement at the LAST FREAKIN SECOND (my cell phone was ringing off the hook as I was driving down from Portland to Las Vegas on 9/27 with people calling to tell me the news) Ryan Woon went all in and became the second Supra of the day to top out the rollers at 1500+ whp.
  • Cody Phillips was our final HRS participant to be strapped down and without the funny gas… hit a rockin’ 1256.18.

A huge thanks goes to Bob Sully for being our Drag Showdown Coordinator again this year. With Bob keeping us on track, I was able to hand out registration packets and sell T-shirts.

I’ll do another update soon. Need food now.

Supras Invade Las Vegas

Last edited:

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
WOW!!That sounds like a place I want to go to when I die LOL I think I'm going to go when I'm 21 for my birthday.So I'll be there for silv10.well congrates to all you high rollers out there and wow tho's MKIII's were putting down some nice numbers.

p.s.could we get some pics and videos?

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Wow!!!!!! Reading this really makes me wish I was there... The trip over there is definitely on the cards for next year or the year after, and I have a few other Aussies wanting to come now I have been telling them about it :)

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
I just got back home and as frustrating of a weekend as it was for me the event was alot of fun once again. We battled hard to get out there on time and had leterally got the car running the night before and were tuning until 1 am. I am glad that they were able to squeeze me in at the end of the dyno day even though I was late for my spot. I was a little upset at the drags however. I was scrambling in the parking lot trying to track down an ignition problem and barely got my car up to tech right at 7pm. The eliminations were scheduled for 7:30 but the decided to run them at 7 which meant by the time I tracked down the drag coordinator it was too late and they wouldnt let me run. They would not even squeeze me in for some exhibition passes with the other non supra cars there and i was told i had to wait until the end of the racing to make a pass which of course it started raining while i was in line to make a pass. Very frustrating weekend but Ill be back again next year...

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
SD2JZA70;1147488 said:
I just got back home and as frustrating of a weekend as it was for me the event was alot of fun once again. We battled hard to get out there on time and had leterally got the car running the night before and were tuning until 1 am. I am glad that they were able to squeeze me in at the end of the dyno day even though I was late for my spot. I was a little upset at the drags however. I was scrambling in the parking lot trying to track down an ignition problem and barely got my car up to tech right at 7pm. The eliminations were scheduled for 7:30 but the decided to run them at 7 which meant by the time I tracked down the drag coordinator it was too late and they wouldnt let me run. They would not even squeeze me in for some exhibition passes with the other non supra cars there and i was told i had to wait until the end of the racing to make a pass which of course it started raining while i was in line to make a pass. Very frustrating weekend but Ill be back again next year...

At least you got there ;)