Official SILV08 Information

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
SILV08.gif

The Official SILV08 Website is OPEN!

Be sure to bookmark the official SILV website at http://www.SILV.info/v08 or http://Vegas.Supras.Org/v08

Wednesday October 1, 2008
Neon Museum Tour - unofficial - coordinated by Chris J
Join us for a tour of the Neon Museum. Come out and see neon signs from Vegas' past. This tour is limited in size.​

Thursday October 2, 2008
Dyno Challenge - coordinated by Bob S
New for 2008 we are offering a limited number of reserved slots for the dyno. Now you can select the hour you would like to dyno and not have to arrive early in the morning to get on the list. To reserve your dyno time just register and pre-pay online. We may not have any slots available on the day of the dyno. If you want a guaranteed dyno slot you will need to pre-register.​

Poker Tournament - coordinated by Steve M
Back for the fourth year is the Poker Tournament. This year we will be limited to just 50 players due to space limitations in the poker room. You can pre-pay online to reserve your seat in this great tournament.​

Friday October 3, 2008
Show-and-Shine - coordinated by Adam H
Always the biggest single piece of the annual SILV event is the Show-and-Shine and 2008 will be no different. We are expecting a record-breaking turnout this year and we are creating a special section for non-Supras - even with their own Best of Show award. We are inviting some other clubs to come out and join us for the Show-and-Shine this year. Note: When you pay your Show-and-Shine registration fee this year you will be helping us raise money to possibly rent the dragstrip for SILV09.​

Awards Presentation - coordinated by Keith H
Again this year we will be presenting the awards for the Dyno Challenge, Poker Tournament, and Show-and-Shine at the Awards Presentation. We are also working on having a catered dinner.​

Saturday October 4, 2008
Scenic Drive and Lunch - coordinated by Chris D
Chris found a GREAT drive for us this year. Those that joined us for the Road Course back in 2003 will remember the drive to Pahrump. This year's drive will take us out that same highway through the mountains before we turn south and head back to Goodsprings where we will regroup for lunch.​

Drag Showdown - coordinated by JT G
We are looking forward to a very exciting drag racing program this year. JT has taken on this challenging role and will be creating the classes for this year's event.​

T-shirts: We are investigating producing a BLACK T-shirt this year. This will mean that the price for the shirts will go up however. Everyone that pre-registers (pays their $40 registration fee online) will receive a FREE SILV08 T-shirt and will be able to pre-order additional shirts for the old $10 price. T-shirts at the event or ordered outside of the pre-registration will be $15 (+ shipping if ordered online). Shirts ordered through pre-registration will be available for pickup at the event - or shipped for an additional charge. XXL shirts will only be available by pre-order. http://Vegas.Supras.Org/v08/tshirt.asp

Hotel: We are very excited to announce a major change in the official hotel for SILV08. This year we will be staying at the Hamption Inn Tropicana just across I-15 from "The Strip" and across Tropicana from In-and-Out Burger. This hotel offers FREE Internet access in all of the rooms, FREE breakfast, FREE airport pickup and dropoff shuttle, and FREE shuttles to and from "The Strip". Stay at the official SILV08 hotel and stay in the heart of the action. http://Vegas.Supras.Org/v08/hotel.asp

Registration Fee: For SILV08 we are adding a registration fee for the Show-and-Shine. This fee will be used to help bring out some of the biggest Supras of all time to Las Vegas to put on the GREATEST drag event possible AND to help us raise money to possibly rent the dragstrip for SILV09 so that we can grow this annual Supra tradition. This year the registration fee will be just $40. If you pre-register online you will receive a FREE SILV08 T-shirt and you can save money when you pre-register for some of the other activities. Pre-registering will also allow you to use the express entry at the Show-and-Shine. You can also pre-register for the Dyno Challenge and reserve your time - so you don't have to be at the dyno first thing in the morning to get on the list. http://Vegas.Supras.Org/v08/register.asp

Sponsors:
JawsGear
LJB Store

If you would like to request a proposal please visit http://vegas.supras.org/SponsorSILV.asp and complete the online request form. We will get a packet out to you as soon as possible.

This thread will be continually updated with information and links.

Last edited:

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
The hotel change was a VERY difficult decision.

Rates were pretty close when everything was quoted. And the Luxor has been GREAT to us for 11 years.

The Hampton Inn had a few things the Luxor couldn't match.

FREE Airport pickup/dropoff - ok... this is an automotive event but not everyone will drive. This way people can fly in and not have to rent a car.

FREE Shuttle to the Strip - Since we're off the strip this year this makes it nice and easy for people to get to the strip for their partying without having to drive.

FREE Continental Breakfast - OK... so it isn't the best breakfast in the world... but... FREE Breakfast

Across the street from In-and-Out Burger - nuf said

FREE Internet access in the rooms and in the lobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! None of this $11.99 per day CRAP that Cox cable has been cramming down our throats at the bigger properties

Closer parking - no more treking 5 miles from your Supra to your room. Heck... depending on what room you're in you might even be able to SEE your Supra out the window

More intimate setting. When you bump into someone in the hall at the Hotel you will have a 99% chance that they are there for SILV - not like the larger properties where you have a 95% chance that they aren't

The're willing to hand out our information packet when you check in. The bigger properties wanted to charge for that.

Is that enough reasons? :)

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
Man id love to drive out, but over 30 hours and 2500+ miles is alot of driving. Plus my girlfriend has been dying to goto vegas and she wouldnt wanna take that drive with me in a lack lustre looking supra haha. Maybe ill make it our vacation this year and fly out though id much prefer to take that scenic cruise!

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
KeithH;1048155 said:
The hotel change was a VERY difficult decision.

Rates were pretty close when everything was quoted. And the Luxor has been GREAT to us for 11 years.

The Hampton Inn had a few things the Luxor couldn't match.

FREE Airport pickup/dropoff - ok... this is an automotive event but not everyone will drive. This way people can fly in and not have to rent a car.

FREE Shuttle to the Strip - Since we're off the strip this year this makes it nice and easy for people to get to the strip for their partying without having to drive.

FREE Continental Breakfast - OK... so it isn't the best breakfast in the world... but... FREE Breakfast

Across the street from In-and-Out Burger - nuf said

FREE Internet access in the rooms and in the lobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! None of this $11.99 per day CRAP that Cox cable has been cramming down our throats at the bigger properties

Closer parking - no more treking 5 miles from your Supra to your room. Heck... depending on what room you're in you might even be able to SEE your Supra out the window

More intimate setting. When you bump into someone in the hall at the Hotel you will have a 99% chance that they are there for SILV - not like the larger properties where you have a 95% chance that they aren't

The're willing to hand out our information packet when you check in. The bigger properties wanted to charge for that.

Is that enough reasons? :)

Yup.

I welcome the change as long as the free shuttle to the strip works out :naughty:

Cant wait for another year Keith!

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
We are now just 90 short days away from the 12th annual Supras Invade Las Vegas event and things are coming together nicely.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
So, who wants to share a room with me in Vegas?. I just made my reservation. I'll be getting a room with 2 beds. I'll be staying Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. The more we can put in a room the cheaper it will be for everyone. I don't care if I have to sleep on the floor, it's not like I'll be living there. Just hanging out and sleeping there. I can have 3 extra people stay with me. If I get 1 person to stay with me it is $68.67 per night, if I get 2 people to stay with me it is $45.78 per night, and if I have 3 people stay with me it is $34.34 per night. This price is including taxes. LMK if you want to bunk with me. If I get 3 people to stay with me it'll only be $103.02 per person for all 3 nights.

Adam

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
Man, you guys are killing me here. I was all stoked to go assuming that it was gonna happen towards the end of October only to find out it starts 5 days before I turn 21. Boo to that. lol.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Was planning to be there this year, but the surprise arrival of my daughter means we can't make it... Can't wait to see the pics and vids, and hopefully I can make it next year :)

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
KeithH;1073755 said:
SILV has never been that late in the month.

Sorry to hear you won't be 21 yet. :(

oh well. stuff happens. Maybe they'll let me slide.

I might go depending on how my school schedule's gonna look for the fall semester.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
LilMissMkIII;1073779 said:
Was planning to be there this year, but the surprise arrival of my daughter means we can't make it... Can't wait to see the pics and vids, and hopefully I can make it next year :)

AWWWWW! Well... SOME things are more important. :)

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
honestabe;1073101 said:
So, who wants to share a room with me in Vegas?. I just made my reservation. I'll be getting a room with 2 beds. I'll be staying Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. The more we can put in a room the cheaper it will be for everyone. I don't care if I have to sleep on the floor, it's not like I'll be living there. Just hanging out and sleeping there. I can have 3 extra people stay with me. If I get 1 person to stay with me it is $68.67 per night, if I get 2 people to stay with me it is $45.78 per night, and if I have 3 people stay with me it is $34.34 per night. This price is including taxes. LMK if you want to bunk with me. If I get 3 people to stay with me it'll only be $103.02 per person for all 3 nights.

Adam

Me and a friend of mine might take you up on this offer, i'll see if he is down or if he is even going. i will definately be bunking with you if hes not going. i'll let you know later tonight most likely

Zach

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
my friend is wondering what all spectator fees he will have to pay or if it is the same as everyone else? thanks a lot,

Zach

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
There is only one actual spectator fee this year. We think the drags entry will be $10 for spectators - but this is not yet confirmed. We do not control that gate.

If he wants to eat lunch on the Scenic Drive that will be $20 - $15 if you register and pay for the lunches at the same time.