OBX helical LSD?

terror

Antibliss
Jun 13, 2008
Alaska
hmmm ... that sucks,
that was 3 years ago and they did contact obx about fixing the problem any chance this is an updated model?

lilazni3uoy

AEM Powered
Apr 1, 2005
NoRCaL and SoCaL
www.cardomain.com
we tested those units 3 years ago, they will not fit, it is the machining for the stub axles, neither jza70 or ma70 stub axles shafts will fit better off to save money to rebuild the factory one, or get a trd unit that will fit in there perfectly

MA71

Nov 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
This is one of the first OBX products I've seen that Doesn't fit or work just as well as the product they copied. Every other seen I've seen or used from them has been great.

In the Mini world, the OBX diff is actually Better than the "real" one.

I trust almost everything they make, though usually try to find somebody first who is using it. But in general, its all the same stuff guys... same factories in the same countries, just discount or high-end labels

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
MA71;1254333 said:
This is one of the first OBX products I've seen that Doesn't fit or work just as well as the product they copied. Every other seen I've seen or used from them has been great.

I trust almost everything they make, though usually try to find somebody first who is using it. But in general, its all the same stuff guys... same factories in the same countries, just discount or high-end labels
so you use their underdrive pullies too? :rolleyes: and no they're not the same factories or even in the same countries.... remember: cheap, fast, and reliable... pick two.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
ZFast300Z;1254354 said:
KAAZ is FTMFL. Everyone rants and raves about Kaaz. Tomei is where its at!

ZFast300Z = FTMFL ;)

Everyone rants and raves about it for a reason. Tomei is sick as well, but see, this is a Supra forum, get them to make one and i'll sell it

MA71;1254333 said:

Lol need to look harder. Most of their stuff requires some kind of modification somewhere. Even their 7MGE headers dont fit right. I believe its Robert who pre-modifies those for people so that they do become direct bolt on and you dont have to do anything to them

x87SUPRA87x;1254739 said:
so you use their underdrive pullies too? :rolleyes: and no they're not the same factories or even in the same countries.... remember: cheap, fast, and reliable... pick two.
Not with everything. There's plenty of good cheap stuff, when it comes to a non sofisticated part. Like those JVT rads (those sure were cheap and good), piping, intercoolers and stuff like that. Its just aluminum welded together, not too many different ways to do that.