NorCal Supras!

MrHmgSC

Apr 24, 2010
NorCal
dubsupra209;1569960 said:
yea watch out for cops might want to reff you cause all the chrome

well, as long as it has the Carb sticker that has an EO# on it, it should be fine right?
they'll just ring up the Number and see that its legal and etc.?

ask92

That guy.
Nov 17, 2008
Rocklin, CA
FIL;1569979 said:
flameproof's the exhaust paint, isn't it? rated to a higher temp, but not in so many pretty colours... the block paint comes in about 20 colours while the exhaust stuff only comes in about 5... and they also do a wrinkle finish paint in 3 colours... (red, black and blue from memory)

Yea its matte black usually. But it looks better than burned paint! haha

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
Hey wassup everyone? Im another norcal bay area supra owner also. I just dont post much since I dont know much lol. My supra is down right now with a blown motor but Im in the process of dropping in another motor once my money gets right. Any good help or extra parts would help lol

MrHmgSC

Apr 24, 2010
NorCal
nothing much, still trying to fix my boost leak haha
i got a question how do i take off my 87 front bumper?

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
MrHmgSC;1575127 said:
nothing much, still trying to fix my boost leak haha
i got a question how do i take off my 87 front bumper?

Talking about the bumper cover, or the metal bumper itself?

For the cover its just spending alot of time finding every little screw holding it on. Pretty sure you have to pop the fog lights out too, the brackets help hold it in IIRC.

Insomnia

Will drive for parts
FIL;1567688 said:
any of you guys got recommendations for places to stay near lake tahoe in summer? we're looking at spending a night there (probably on the south side) on the way from Bonneville to Bakersfield in the second last week of August...

Might as well just stay in Reno for the night and head out. Going over Donner Pass after driving all day sucks ass. I do it all the time.

BTW it's 150 miles shorter to take I-15 south to I-10 east and etc to get to Bakersfield, but i'm sure there's some reason you want to take the 80 so nevermind.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Just saying what's up since I never posted in here. There's a weekly meet at the Sonic in Tracey around 9-9:30 pm on Wednesday's. The Sonic is located at the Tracy mall.

Last edited:

MrHmgSC

Apr 24, 2010
NorCal
anyone happen to have a 87-88 7m-gte engine harness? =( i'm trying to look for one... mines kind of messed up... i also need a new coil pack harness/wiring, as well as the cold start injector time switch? not the wiring but the piece the wire connects to, mines broken.

Insomnia

Will drive for parts
4U2QUIK;1578307 said:
Been there before lol. if you need a hand let me know. I have access to a mill that can put a 3-12 Ra finish on your head.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?90018-What-what-an-Ra-of-3!-!-!-!

I will for sure. I would also like to pick your brain regarding the whole process since most of the threads I read on here about the subject usually end up in "SEARCH!!!" or flame the guy into looking elsewhere. I've been reading the TSRM, the haynes manual, and searching for the past few months and have a pretty good idea what I need to do, but there are a few things that are bugging me since I have never pulled a head before. I'm probably worrying more than I need to be, but I like doing things on my car the right way (as I'm sure most do).

I could buy you lunch sometime if you want to talk about it or i'll pm you next time i'm home. Like I said before I drive long haul for a refrigerated company so i'm only home about 7 days every 4-5 weeks so it'll be a while.

pix or it didn't happen.....

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
MrHmgSC;1577442 said:
anyone happen to have a 87-88 7m-gte engine harness? =( i'm trying to look for one... mines kind of messed up... i also need a new coil pack harness/wiring, as well as the cold start injector time switch? not the wiring but the piece the wire connects to, mines broken.

hey you can get that csi switch off a camry i forgot what year i think i have a couple extras actually...what color is the plug though cause mine are all grey..?

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
They use that same plug on a crap load of other cars. Take a trip to your local yard and see what that does for ya.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Insomnia;1578684 said:
I will for sure. I would also like to pick your brain regarding the whole process since most of the threads I read on here about the subject usually end up in "SEARCH!!!" or flame the guy into looking elsewhere. I've been reading the TSRM, the haynes manual, and searching for the past few months and have a pretty good idea what I need to do, but there are a few things that are bugging me since I have never pulled a head before. I'm probably worrying more than I need to be, but I like doing things on my car the right way (as I'm sure most do).

I could buy you lunch sometime if you want to talk about it or i'll pm you next time i'm home. Like I said before I drive long haul for a refrigerated company so i'm only home about 7 days every 4-5 weeks so it'll be a while.

pix or it didn't happen.....

lol the pics are in that thread link

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?90018-What-what-an-Ra-of-3!-!-!-!

Insomnia

Will drive for parts
I wasn't referring to the machining stuff. Mainly that I was working on the Supra and some stuff was starting to show up. Hence the pic of the Supra and the headgasket kit. I have no reason to doubt your work or what you do after seeing that thread. If my head needs machining I'll hit you up as I'd prefer to do it local since the turnaround time would be faster and put some money in your pocket instead of another.